Jump to content
    Wombat Bill
  • Author
  • 2,311 Words
  • 109 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
May contain graphic sex scenes

CRYSTALLINE - 20. To Whom Do These Belong?

p style="text-align:center;"> 525820001fb01166b4c9e61ba1435973.jpg

The following morning there were a few sore heads around Crystalline, but otherwise spirits were high.

“So tell me about Axel” Carol asked

“There’s nothing to tell, I only just met him last night”

“Ok, then tell me about your name”

“Again there is nothing to tell. Everywhere I have worked I’ve been known as Cook and haven’t really been known as Rosemary since I left home. Cook is like a nickname, that just stuck”

“So what do I call you now?”

“Cook is still fine or whatever”

Just then a courier came to the back door with a huge bunch of flowers. Carol took delivery and walked into the kitchen. “Look what just arrived by courier”

“From Patrick for you?”

“No, if on the wild chance that Patrick wanted to give me flowers, he’d probably get them from the garden. They’re for you”

“Who would send me flowers?”

“Do I get a prize if I get it in one guess?”

“What are you suggesting?”

“I’ll bet a week’s wages these are from Axel”

Cook took the card from the flowers, read it and said “Ok smarty pants, so they’re from him. Don’t make a big deal about it”

“A man sending you flowers is a big deal. What did he say?”

“Here read the card yourself”

Carol read out loud “To the lovely Rosemary, with fondest regards, Axel. And he’s given you a phone number. Are you going to call him now?”

“No, ladies don’t call, that’s up to the man”

“There are at least two things wrong with that statement. One, you probably didn’t give him your number and two, this is the twenty first century, those rules don’t apply anymore”

“I’m a twentieth century woman so I’ll leave it up to him”

“Ughh”

<>

When Cook was preparing the evening meal, the kitchen extension rang “Yes”

“Thomas here, I’m transferring a call for you”

“Ok, thanks” after the click she said “Cook here”

“May I speak to Rosemary?”

“Speaking, is that you Axel?”

“How did you know?”

“Nobody else calls me Rosemary”

“They should, it’s a beautiful name and suits you perfectly”

“Thank you and also thanks for the flowers”

“You’re more than welcome. My reason for ringing is to ask if you would like to have dinner with me one night this week”

“Dinner?”

“Yes, whenever you are free”

Carol could be seen jumping around excitedly and mouthing Yes.

“I would love to Axel. I’m off Sunday, is that ok with you?”

“Are you off all day?”

“Yes”

“Then let’s make it lunch, that will give us more time together. I’ll pick you up at eleven”

“That’s a date then” Cook concluded

Carol clapped loudly as Cook hung up and asked. “Could you hear my conversation?”

“Only your side”

“Then how did you know what he was asking?”

“Cook really, a man sends flowers and then rings later in the day, what else does he want?”

“I suppose that’s logical”

“So where are you going for dinner?”

“It’s lunch and I don’t know where”

“I’ll bet he picks a really romantic restaurant. Oh I can’t wait. Are you excited?”

“Flattered maybe”

“Good, I can see great times ahead for you”

“It’s just one lunch, don’t marry me off already”

“Did he say something about marriage?”

“You are an exasperating girl sometimes”

***

Axel arrived right on time and was spotted coming down the driveway by an ever vigilant Carol, acting as Cook’s self-appointed lookout. She continued to watch as he parked his Jaguar XF but instead of coming to the front door, he wandered around looking at the facade of the house. A now curious Carol had completely forgotten to inform Rosemary that her date had arrived. Instead she went to the front door, but keeping out of sight watched Axel, who seemed to be doing some sort of inspection of the building.

As she turned away from Axel’s direction she caught sight of a sign on his car door, Hills Prestige Estates.

‘Bloody hell’ she thought ‘the cheek of the man’

She then went to summon Rosemary, and said to her “He’s inspecting the property in the hope of getting a listing for sale”

“Who is”

“Your date, Axel. He’s certainly in for a surprise if he approaches Mr P with such a suggestion”

“What are you on about girl?”

“Your man is a real estate agent, didn’t he tell you?”

“No, but how do you know?”

“It’s written all over his flashy car”

“I suppose estate agents are always on the lookout for properties to sell, no harm in that”

“The the cheek of the man to be inspecting the place when is sole purpose in being here should be for you”

“Well then I had better not keeping him waiting any longer”

<>

By the time Cook reached the front door, Axel was already standing at the open door, wondering if he should ring or whether the open door was an invitation to enter. “Sorry to keep you Axel, why didn’t you ring the bell?”

“I knew you wouldn’t be far away, I saw Carol in the doorway earlier and assumed she had gone to tell you I was here”

Before she could welcome Axel, Carol said “And I saw you too, inspecting our house”

“Just admiring such a beautiful prestige property”

“Carol tells me you’re an estate agent” said Cook

“Yes, observant girl, isn’t she?”

“So were you inspecting the house with a view to listing it?” asked Carol

“No nothing like that. Just an occupational habit”

“That’s good, because Mr P wouldn’t want to sell anyway. It’s been in his family for generations”

“That’s good”

“Why did you say that?”

“Oh nothing” he replied to Carol, then turning to Cook said “Are you ready my beauty, to be whisked away to a poolside lunch?”

“Poolside?”

“Yes, it’s such a beautiful sunny day, it would be a shame to spend it indoors”

“So we’re going on a picnic then?” asked Rosemary.

“We will be dining outdoors, but I wouldn’t call it a picnic as such”

“Ok, lead me to your chariot”

Carol waved them goodbye and formed a heart sign with her hands.

<>

They drove for fifteen minutes, then pulled into the driveway of a very expensive looking home. Rosemary asked “Is this your place?”

“No, no, even I couldn’t afford this place. I’ve just secured exclusive use of it for the day, much more private than a public restaurant”

“Oh really!” Rosemary exclaimed with some trepidation.

Axel walked around the car, opened the passenger door, put out his hand and said “May I?”

“Thank you Sir, very gracious of you”

Rather than go in the front door, Axel escorted Rosemary down a cobblestone path at the side of the house, opened a heavy wooden gate and ushered Rosemary though. Before her was a beautifully landscaped garden that led to an expansive marble-tiled patio beside a pool glistening in the midday sun. “Oh my god!” exclaimed Rosemary, “This place is amazing. You must have rich friends”

“And even richer clients. Now come and relax under the umbrella, while I call the waiters”

“We have waiters?”

“Of course” replied Axel as he pressed a button on the glass topped table and almost immediately a waiter appeared at the door, carrying a tray with champagne in a silver ice bucket, edged with gold. The waiter popped the cork and poured two glasses. As he handed the first to Rosemary, a second waiter arrived with canapés.

Rosemary made herself comfortable on the plush garden lounge, pushed her purse underneath and breathed a sigh of relief that they were not entirely alone.

Axel picked up his glass and toasted “To a beautiful lady, a magnificent day and what lies ahead of us”

Rosemary flashed a half smile and acknowledged the compliment but was still a little apprehensive about the words, what lies ahead.

As drinks and canapés moved on to entree and the main course, Rosemary began to relax in Axel’s company, as he had been a perfect gentleman so far.

The conversation had been mostly about neutral subjects like books, art, entertainment and travel, although Rosemary had contributed very little as her experiences were very limited. She did however, enjoy Axel’s stories of his travels. When he asked if she had ever been to Paris or Rome, she replied in the negative. This prompted Axel to say “Than they will be the first cities we will visit together. We will fly first class, stay at the best hotels and have privately escorted tours of both cities”

“Oh I can’t afford that sort of thing. I could maybe manage a trip to the Gold Coast”

“Who said anything about you paying?”

“But I couldn’t accept all that from you. We’ve only known each other for a few days”

“All the more reason to travel and have the opportunity to get to know each other in the world’s most romantic cities”

“Maybe sometime down the track”

In an effort to change the direction of the conversation, Rosemary said “You haven’t told me about your work. That’s usually what most men want to talk about”

“I think you are right Rosemary, and that is precisely why I have avoided the subject. I would rather talk about you, not me”

“I appreciate your gallantry, but don’t believe it for a minute. Here I am giving you the chance, so tell me how do you convince a buyer to part with their money and buy a house much more expensive than they can afford or really need?”

“You are indeed an insightful, but intriguing woman my dear Rosemary. Oh I do like saying your name, Rosemary, Rosemary, Rosemary”

“Don’t wear it out on the first date”

Axel laughed and Rosemary relaxed even more.

She then asked “I noticed the prestige sign on your car, does that mean you specialise in up market properties, or is that just estate agent speak to push up the price?”

He laughed and replied “As well as being astute, also a bit cynical maybe”

Rosemary just nodded, then Axel continued “Yes, I do specialise in only top quality properties”

“Is that why you have your eye on Crystalline?”

“Yes and no. Yes it is a quality property but I was inspecting it not for selling but for possible rental”

Rosemary spat out a mouthful of wine in shock at this suggestion.

“Are you ok? Did you swallow something the wrong way?”

“I did have trouble swallowing the idea that Mr P would consider renting his home”

“No, no you misunderstand. Let me explain. As well as marketing properties, I have over the years developed a reputation for finding suitable properties for movie shoots. Did you see the series, A Place to Call Home?”

“Yes loved it”

“I was the one responsible for finding that location at Camden and assorted sites for Home and Away

“So why are you interested in our place?”

“No particular e reason at present other than to file away the idea. It is a unique property in that it appears to have been built in the early twentieth century, is a quality home and reasonably close to Sydney. If a request for such a location turns up, then I’ll know where it is. Also I hope to see more of the property in the coming months”

“And why is that”

“When I pick you up for more dates”

<>

About an hour after their main course and a few more glasses, Axel said “Do you like the pool?”

“Yes, it looks very refreshing. I love the way is sparkles in the sunlight”

“Like your eyes”

“I’m not the bashful type but don’t lay it on too thick. I’m no spring chicken and neither are you, to be honest”

“Direct to the point, I love that, so I’ll be the same. Rosemary, would you come cool off with me in the pool?”

“What! I haven’t been in a pool for years”

“But you have a pool at the property”

“True but I’m no bathing beauty”

“You should let me be the judge of that”

“And besides, I certainly didn’t bring a swimming costume”

“As it happens...neither did I”

“I couldn’t just go swimming in the nude. Apart from anything else, what would the staff think?”

“They would probably think what a brave and beautiful woman. But if they make you nervous, I can dismiss them immediately”

Before Rosemary could object anymore, Axel called one of the waiters, whispered in his ear and the waiter replied “Certainly Sir. I’ll leave a few more bottles on ice and have chef put dessert in the patio bar fridge”

Axel looked at Rosemary, flashed his best estate agent’s smile and waited for her reply.

She smiled back and said “You first”

Axel now gave her a cheeky smile that said, I’ll take your dare. He stripped down to his shorts and said “I’ll look away if you like and there are towels here if you need them”

***

The following morning when Carol went to the laundry for a basket to collect the used linen from around the house she made an interesting discovery, which she put in the basket and marched directly to the kitchen.

“What’s the meaning of this?” she asked Cook as she lifted a plastic bag from the basket.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about?”

“Let me put it to you this way. In this bag is a wet pair of panties and a bra size 38D. Given that I wear 34B and there are only two women in this house, who do these belong to?”

“Oh those...yes, they must be...mine”

“Just as I thought, care to tell me why they are wet, given it hasn’t rained in a week or more”

 

*****

Next Chapter - Jonathan gets his hands dirty. Troy and his attitude.
Copyright © 2022 Wombat Bill; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Please leave a comment.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Interesting times for Cook and Axel. He has a way of flirting, the question is, if it’s all for show or substance?

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, VBlew said:

Interesting times for Cook and Axel. He has a way of flirting, the question is, if it’s all for show or substance?

I so want Axel to be the "genuine article" @VBlew, but my naturally cynical and suspicious nature, combined with Axel's occupation, have alarm bells ringing. He certainly has a way of flirting, a smooth talker for sure, which only heightens my "concern". The saving grace for Cook is she does not appear to be easily impressed or gullible. However, with continued attention, flattery and possible gifts, will she have the strength to resist his charms. Only time and our resident author will tell.

My favourite line from this chapter “You are an exasperating girl sometimes”. 

Another most enjoyable chapter @Wombat Bill. Cook continues to impress with her wit and self-deprecation. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

My thought when I read this was, "How long did Cook's bra and panties stay on?  Was she impressed with Axel's package?  What else happened?"

Axel having the sign on his car is not that troublesome for me.  I have many non-pushy friends in real estate sales who have signs on their cars, but they have learned that being pushy in this part of the USA rarely works in real estate, due to the number of competing agents.

Very enjoyable chapter and story, @Wombat Bill.

The teaser for the next chapter sounds interesting.  Troy having an attitude is not surprising.  Jonathan getting his hands dirty -- literally, or figuratively?

Very good questions raised by both @VBlew and @Summerabbacat.  I look forward to @chris191070 weighing in with a comment.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment

I assumed she kept them on @ReaderPaul otherwise why would they be wet. 

A non-pushy real estate agent you say. I did not know such a person existed. I have certainly never encountered one, although my interactions with them have been more limited in recent years. 

The teaser for the next chapter is as usual intriguing.

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Summerabbacat said:

I assumed she kept them on @ReaderPaul otherwise why would they be wet. 

The teaser for the next chapter is as usual intriguing.

She got into the pool with them on.  It does not say she KEPT them on after getting wet.

Axel probably had a package worth seeing.  To paraphrase author David Lee in one of his stories, "Indecent exposure is a term  invented by those who have nothing decent to expose!"

Edited by ReaderPaul
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

I don't think they stayed on long after she got in the pool, I mean after all Axel is the perfect gentleman, so nothing would happen on the first date.

I wonder if she liked his package.

Was it more than a mouthful?

Was it a tight fit when she rode him?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Summerabbacat said:

I assumed she kept them on @ReaderPaul otherwise why would they be wet. 

7 hours ago, chris191070 said:

I don't think they stayed on long after she got in the pool, I mean after all Axel is the perfect gentleman, so nothing would happen on the first date.

I wonder if she liked his package.

Was it more than a mouthful?

Was it a tight fit when she rode him?

@Summerabbacat and @chris191070 as I think about it, stripping to his shorts, and Rosemary's bra and panties, was part of Axel's plan.  They could have fun in the water, but to put their clothes back on, they would have had to strip nude or explain why parts of their clothes were wet but not the whole set of clothes were wet.

I'm sure @Wombat Bill will fill us in -- eventually.

@chris191070 -- I'm fairly sure Axel has a good package.   To paraphrase another author, David Lee, "Indecent exposure is a term invented by those who have nothing decent to expose."

Edited by ReaderPaul
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
On 9/7/2022 at 8:51 AM, chris191070 said:

I don't think they stayed on long after she got in the pool, I mean after all Axel is the perfect gentleman, so nothing would happen on the first date.

I wonder if she liked his package.

Was it more than a mouthful?

Was it a tight fit when she rode him?

@chris191070 you naughty, naughty boy, 😂😂 I don’t think Rosemary is the type of woman who has sex on a first date 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..