Jump to content
    Wombat Bill
  • Author
  • 3,739 Words
  • 96 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
May contain graphic sex scenes

CRYSTALLINE - 22. Brodrick Boulevard

TWO MONTHS LATER

Arcobaleno Villa was now complete and ready to receive guests. The new restaurant and Jonathan and Lachlan’s new cottage were both under construction and the construction part of the stables’ conversion was complete and awaiting decorating.

Jonathan had taken personal control of this part of the project. His taste for kinky sex drove him to install all manner of sex toys and viewing options for guests.

Each of the horse stalls now had a different theme. The front panel of each stall was one way glass for viewing from the bar area. One stall now had Jonathan’s, as yet unused, sling installed.

There was a drinks bar, a coffee machine and various styles of tables, chairs, lounges and bar stools with saddles for seats. The stables theme was kept by covering the floor with hay and equine equipment decorated the walls. The feed store was set aside for a boutique shop in the next stage of development.

Thomas and Lachlan had kept clear of this project and concentrated on the Villa renovations. Dante and Troy had worked hard to improve the Arcobaleno gardens, while Carol and Mia had prepared all the bedrooms.

With regard to food service, Craig set up the new kitchen that would serve guests’ meals until the restaurant was finished. He had included Snowy in this part of the operation with a view to having him take over the kitchen when the resort opened.

That then left two main tasks. Additional experienced staff to be recruited and entertainers needed to be booked. Lachlan had trained the three young recruits in bar and table service but still needed an experienced waiter to supervise each shift. Justin was able to source appropriately trained and experience staff from the roster of CWB waiters on his books.

Edward set about recruiting entertainers and putting together a show, which would be given a trial run on the opening night.

***

Invitations were sent out to travel agents specialising in queer travel, the gay media, local politicians and all members of the project team.

Justin provided topless waiters for drinks service and Lachlan’s newly trained recruits served finger food, supervised by Lachlan.

With a mixed audience, the show for the opening night was kept simple and mainstream. Ed Weiner was to compare and introduce the speakers to welcome guests and sell the project. Juanito to sing a few songs in male attire and Tristan with three of his dance company colleagues planned a modern dance number.

Entertainment was not the main purpose of the evening but convincing travel agents and the press to give the resort publicity, was.

 

With no particular duties for the evening, Cook and Nyamba, Carol and Mia, Dante and Troy, plus Patrick were offered the choice of a night off or attending as ushers and also mingling with the guests. All chose to be involved in the evening.

 

Most of the activities on the night were held in the ballroom of Arcobaleno, and guests were invited to go on a tour lead by Lachlan or to explore the facilities for themselves.

Virginia arrived a little late and made a grand entrance on the arm of Justin, in minimal attire.

When Thomas saw her entrance, he rushed over to greet her. “I see you found your favourite handsome escort. Welcome to Arcobaleno”

“Thank you, I only ever visited this property once, but I don’t remember it looking anything like this. Your decorator should be complimented”

“I’ll introduce you to Blake, when I see him. I think he’s in the bedroom area showing off his work. Bedrooms are his favourite room to decorate”

Justin let go of Virginia’s arm and said “I’ll fetch you a champagne, then I must get to work”

“Of course, and thanks for the entrance”

“I’m pretty sure we were noticed” replied Justin

“Yes, the oldest woman here, accompanied by the sexiest man alive, how could they fail to notice”

“Oh, that’s not entirely true” Thomas replied

“Which part’s not true?” asked Virginia

“I’ll get that drink for you now Virginia, while Thomas talks his way out of this”

As Justin walked away, the two old friends laughed and Thomas asked “Where’s Desmond?”

“You know Des, doesn’t really feel comfortable at this sort of function”

“Shame, I wanted him see what we’ve done with the place, but I understand what you’re saying. Come with me and I’ll introduce you to some new staff members”

“Is the love of your life working tonight?”

“Not really working, just on schmoozing duty. But you haven’t met his brother, Patrick yet.

 

<>

On the tour, the stables set-up raised some eyebrows but very few questions were asked. Lachlan assumed some did not want to know the answers.

When offered a drink by one of the topless waiters, Dante recognised the waiter but waited to see if he was recognised.

“Hey, don’t I know you?” asked the waiter, whose name tag on his armband identified him as Yashuki.

“Um..ah..yes we did meet once, some time ago” replied Dante

“No we’ve met twice, but your attitude the second time did confuse me”

“I’m sure we only met once. I wouldn’t forget a tasty morsel like you that easily” Dante asserted and winked.

“So you do remember the first time obviously, but you don’t remember the second time. Perhaps not having my cock out I was not so memorable. But I did give you the chance”

“You must have confused me with someone else”

“That’s what you said then also, but I remember that Ducati of yours and you told me your name was...Patrick, that’s it”

“Oh that is my twin brother. You must have met him somewhere. You two didn’t...you know?”

“No, that’s what was so confusing”

“Ah, my brother is straight, but how did you meet him?”

“We were comparing notes on bikes at a cafe down the road from here. He seemed a bit upset by something when we first met, but soon got over it when we realised we had something in common”

“So your name is Yashuki? I didn’t get that when we met”

“No, so what is your name if you’re not Patrick?”

“Dante”

“Very appropriate name, you are hot stuff... when you’re in the mood”

“Yeah, about that” Dante leaned in closer to Yashuki and whispered “I’d appreciate it if you didn’t tell anyone, that we met before tonight”

“Something to hide?”

“Yes, do I have your word on that?”

“Is there something in it for me?”

“What do you mean?”

“If I scratch your back....I believe is the saying in English”

“What do you want?”

“A regular gig here would be good, can you fix that?”

“Who hired you for tonight?”

“I do some casual work with an outfit called CWB. They only employ guys with, hot bods as Justin describes us. They referred me for tonight because it’s a topless gig”

“Ok, I can’t promise anything, as I’m only the gardener here, but my partner is management for this place, so I’ll see what he can do for you”

“Ah, now I get it. It’s not your brother you want your secret kept from, but your partner. Can you point him out so I know who to avoid or not, as the case may be”

“He’s around somewhere”

“What’s his name and I’ll keep my eye out for him”

“Thomas”

“Oh I have met him. He gave me an employment form when I first arrived tonight. So he’s the one I have to impress if I want a job here”

“Yes, but be discreet please”

“As discreet as a Japanese miniature submarine”

“What?”

“You’d be surprised how many older people have told me the story about the submarines that came into Sydney harbour during the war. Once they find out I’m Japanese, that seems to be the first thing they think of”

“Really, don’t know about that. Anyway, I’m trusting you keep quiet about us. Now you better get on with serving drinks, don’t want people to start asking questions about why we’re talking for so long”

“I was just asking you about the resort, wasn’t I?”

Dante didn’t reply, he just winked at Yashuki and walked away. However, their conversation had been noticed and the watcher recognised the young Asian waiter but had to think for a few moments before he remembered where and when. It had been about six weeks prior, then he remembered why the incident had stuck in his mind. He had forgotten the waiter’s name so he asked another waiter passing by, “The Japanese one?” he asked.

“Yes, I think I’ve seen him before”

“We both work casual shifts for CWB, maybe you saw him at one of their functions. I think his name is Yashika...no that’s a camera brand, isn’t it?”

“Could it be Yashuki?” asked Patrick

“Yes, that’s it” the waiter replied “Do you want me to send him over?”

“No, but thanks for your help”

“No worries, enjoy the party”

“Oh I will” replied Patrick and kept his eyes on both Dante and Yashuki for the rest of the evening, but their paths never crossed again.

<>

“There’s Patrick now. I’ll introduce you” said Thomas

As they approached Virginia said “Good to see you again Dante, I’ve been a bit remiss about thanking you for the wonderful job you did with the garden at Mallacoota”

“Ah...I’m not Dante Madam”

“Thomas...please explain”

“Sorry Virginia, did I forget to tell you the brothers are twins?”

“You most certainly did, not like you to omit a detail like that” then turning her attention to Patrick, said “But pleased to meet you Patrick, Thomas seems to have also forgotten to introduce me, I’m Virginia Wilson”

“Happy to meet you, Virginia, I’ve heard a lot about you”

“I wouldn’t believe a word of it, if I were you”

Patrick laughed, then Thomas said “I’ll leave you two to get acquainted, I need to check on something”

“That’s fine Thomas, I’m sure the handsome twin will take care of me”

As Thomas left, Virginia said “Tell me about growing up as twins”

“Oh you don’t want to hear about me”

“Mmm, most people love to talk about themselves, except those who have something hide. But as you wish” Virginia said with a little laugh.

“You are as naughty as I’ve been told”

“I told you not to believe any of it. Now do you know the decorator here?”

“You mean Blake?”

“Yes, that’s him. Can you introduce us, if you spot him?”

“Sure...” Patrick replied as he looked around the room. “He’s over there, by the bar, I’ll introduce you.

Virginia lifted her arm and Patrick looked puzzled “You’re supposed to put your arm like this” she said as she bent his arm and looped hers through it.

Patrick escorted Virginia and introduced her to Blake, as Virginia Wilson.

“Pleased to meet you dear lady”

“Likewise..” replied Virginia “..and a perfect gentleman as well”

Then looking at Patrick, Blake said “Thank you pool man, I’ll take care of the lady from here”

“Yes...of course...enjoy the party Virginia” Patrick said as he departed.

“Now tell me Virginia, is it ok if I call you that?”

“Why not, it is my name, young man”

“So, what is the Virginia Wilson story?”

“Oh you don’t want to hear about me, but I want to hear about you and your decorating skills”

“Take a look around and you can judge for yourself”

“As it happens, I already have, that’s why I wanted to meet you”

“You asked to meet me? I’m flattered”

“Don’t let it go to your head, Boy. I just need a decorator for my Potts Point apartment. It was decorated by my previous husband and it’s just a bit too....let’s just say it’s not me”

“I totally understand. I mean, straight men don’t really have an eye for such things, do they?”

“I wouldn’t describe by ex as being entirely straight”

“Oh, that is very interesting, tell me more”

“Not now, but I will point out that is my ex over there talking to Thomas”

“You mean old man Price is your ex?” asked Blake

“I couldn’t have put it better myself”

“So you must have done well with the divorce settlement?”

“I really don’t believe that is any of your business”

“You’re right, lovely lady. Sometimes I’m just a bit too forward. I’ll try to watch that in your gracious presence”

Then Blake put his arm out for Virginia and said “May I escort you around and show you some more of my work?”

“Thank you Blake”

“You’ve seen most of the downstairs, now I’d like you to see my bedrooms and ensuites. I’m quite pleased with the results”

***

After the tour of the bedrooms, Virginia and Blake descended the stairs, arm in arm, like a queen and consort making a grand entrance to their ball.

One of their subjects, Thomas spotted this and went to meet them at the bottom of the staircase. Blake’s attention to Virginia was disturbing Thomas, so he said “Can I get you a drink Virginia?”

“Thanks, I’m a bit parched after the extensive tour of the upper floor”

“I’d be happy to escort you to the bar, Virginia” Blake offered.

“I think you’ve monopolised Virginia’s time enough Blake. I’m sure she wants to catch up with some old friends” Then looking at Virginia “You might like to catch up with Cook, I’m sure she will want to tell you about her new man”

“Cook has a new beau, what happened to her husband?”

“I’ll let her tell you all about that”

Just then a waiter passed by and offered drinks. Virginia took one and said “I’ll go and find Cook, can’t wait to hear her news”

As Virginia left, Blake said “Looks like we’ve both been dismissed”

Thomas didn’t reply, but instead said “I’ve been waiting for the opportunity to be alone with you”

“You are direct aren’t you? But I like that in a man. No need being coy about it is there?”

“I really have no idea what you’re talking about” replied Thomas.

“You and me, I’m willing to talk about it, then maybe later we’ll see what happens”

“Don’t flatter yourself, I haven’t the slightest interest in you, in that way. I want to talk to you about Virginia”

“Are you interested in the fag hag as well?” asked Blake

“I’ll thank you not to describe her in that way”

“Got a soft spot for her as well, have we”

“You could say that”

“It’s alright, I get it”

“Get what?” asked Thomas

“It’s obvious the woman’s dripping money and likes the company of gay men. I mean she even left her husband behind tonight. So it’s a natural fit to encourage her friendship”

“To what end?”

“To relive her of some of that divorce settlement, but I’m sure there’s enough to go around for both of us”

“If that’s your attitude, I will advise you to be careful about how you deal with her and how you speak about her to others, especially here”

“You seem very protective of her, I seem to have touched a nerve. Are you two related? Hang on, I should have twigged when I saw you two greet each other tonight. She’s your mother...right?”

“No, she’s not”

“An aunt, maybe?”

“That’s enough fishing, you have been warned and this conversation has ended”

As Thomas walked away, Blake said “One more thing, I heard she used to have her own live in lovers, you’re not bi, are you?”

Thomas didn’t answer, but turned briefly, just long enough to give Blake the finger, then went on his way.

When Thomas was out of earshot, Blake did an air punch and said softly “Yay, got it. You clever boy, Blake”

***

The following morning, all the permanent team were called to a breakfast meeting for a de-brief of the party. Carol and Mia assisted Cook and Nyamba with preparation and Dante and Lachlan served, so that all could attend the meeting.

“Thanks for coming” said Thomas “Please eat while we chat about last night and any feedback you received from the guests”

Most reported positive comments and Lachlan said the journalist from The Star Observer was very impressed and would run a small article about the party, but wanted to visit again with the aim of writing a full review and get some photographs in daylight.

“That’s excellent, just what we hoped for” replied Thomas.

“Are there any other comments?”

“Yes” replied Dante “I’d like to recommend one of the CWB waiters be considered for regular work here. Obviously chosen by Justin; he certainly has an eye for sexy waiters”

“There were three topless waiters from CWB, which one in particular?”

“Yashuki, the Japanese boy”

“You seem to be quite a fan, what in particular caught your attention?”

“He was most attentive to guests, efficient, polite and you all would have noticed his body. I think he would make a welcome addition to the staff”

“I did check out all the casual staff, but can’t say he stood out as any better than the others” replied Thomas.

“Lachlan, you’re the expert in these matters, don’t you think he was a stand-out?”

“All the waiters from CWB served very well, as would be expected, but I agree with Thomas, he was not any better than the others. However, I wouldn’t have any objection to putting him on the regular casuals’ roster”

“So it’s settled then” added Dante.

“Ok, then I’ll leave it up to you Lachlan” Thomas concluded.

<>

All through this conversation, Patrick remained silent as Dante’s actions served to confirm his suspicions. But, what he was not sure about was Dante’s specific motive. Did he want to have Yashuki handy for further dalliances or was he buying his silence? Either way, he felt it was not right and knew he had to do something about it.

***

The night was deemed a success so the advertising campaign was launched the following day and a few stories appeared in the gay press. As a result of these stories, enquiries started to flow in and eventually a few bookings.

The next step in the promotional campaign would be to offer the gay press and travel agents, famils, the industry term for free accommodation and travel. It was expected that should generate some recommendations from agents and hopefully favourable reviews in print and online.

Thomas had previously set up social media accounts and updated these with news and images from the party.

***

That night after dinner, Thomas and Dante were walking back to their flat, when Dante said “Fancy a ride and a fuck?”

“Which one first”

“We could do both together”

“Fuck while riding your bike, yeah I’d like to see that”

“Not while actually moving. We can ride up Windsor road, stop on the side of the road and see what happens”

“Have sex on your bike in a public place?”

“Yes, that’s exactly what I’m talking about. Remember how good it was when you licked me out on the beach at Mallacoota?”

“Oh I remember now you said it was because you get a thrill from having sex in public places”

“Yeah, but we never spoke about it again. You said you needed to think about it. So have you?” asked Dante

“Not really, I don’t want to, it’s not my thing. The risk would have the opposite effect on me, I probably wouldn’t be able to get it up, wondering if we were going to get caught”

“That’s a pity, I really would like you to join me in my risk taking”

“I would have thought riding a bike at night was risky enough”

“Well, I’m a very good rider so there’s not much risk there”

“How about we go down to the pool and, as you say, see what happens. There is the risk we might get caught”

“Really Thomas, on a private property where we know everyone so well? I suspect this place is just heaving with sex most nights, at the very most the one who discovers us might be a little embarrassed”

“So that’s a no then?”

“You know the first time I was fucked on this property was on my bike”

“I don’t remember that”

“You weren’t there”

“Oh, who was it then, Carol?”

“No, I said I was fucked”

“Then it must have been...Lachlan?”

“Bingo”

“I don’t want to continue this conversation”

“Fine, but I’m going for a ride anyway”

“Can I come?”

“In what way?”

“Join you on your ride, but no sex by the roadside”

“Ok, get your boots on”

<>

They motored up Windsor road, turned into a side street and pulled into Brodrick Boulevard Reserve. It was a small open park that could be viewed from both sides of the road.

Thomas asked “Why have we stopped here?”

“It seems like as a good a place as any”

“For what?” asked Thomas suspiciously.

“Just to rest, let’s lie on our backs and look at the stars”

“Sounds like fun, but nothing more, ok? Although this does look like your sort of place”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“You know...about having sex in risky places...one could easily be seen from here”

“Nothing was further from my mind, we’ll just marvel at the universe while we talk” suggested Dante

“What do you want to talk about?”

“You choose”

“Ok, there’s something that’s been bothering me. Why do you feel so strongly that we should give that waiter a job here? Is he really that special?”

“I’d rather we talk about us, not someone we hardly know”

“You told me to choose the topic and that’s my very point. If you hardly know him, why recommend him?”

“Oh...well...he just seemed so good on the night and you did ask for comments at the meeting”

“Fine, as long as that’s all there is to it”

“What else, and why this third degree? I was just trying to participate in the meeting”

“Ok, anyway I’ll leave it up to Lachlan as to what he wants to do. Waiting staff is his responsibility”

“Good, I’m sure he’ll make the right decision. Now do you know any of the stars up there?”

“After the Southern Cross...no. Do you?”

Next Chapter - Some old friends return. A famous guest appears. A little magic.
Copyright © 2022 Wombat Bill; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 4
Please leave a comment.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Obviously, Thomas is getting more suspicious of Dante.  As he gets more suspicious, and Patrick wants to "nip it in the bud," to use an old American phrase, Dante may be in trouble. in two to four more chapters.

Blake needs to watch his step.  His wrong assumptions could cost him dearly.

I would have liked to hear the discussion between Virginia Wilson and Rosemary Cook.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Blake is going to need to stop making assumptions and watch his step.

I think Patrick and Thomas are both suspicious of Dante. I agree with @ReaderPaul it won't be to long until Dante is caught in a compromising position.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Firstly, I have to bow to your infinite wisdom @ReaderPaul. Your "prediction" was spot on. Of all the waiters in Sydney Justin could have hired for the opening night of Arcobaleno, he hires Yashuki. I doubted you @ReaderPaul, but you have proven to be correct. Clearly Six Degrees of Separation was at work yet again.

Dante is either not very bright, is very brazen, is very conceited or does not give a fuck about Thomas and his feelings. I suspect it is a combination of the latter three, but predominantly the latter two. He appears to be tiring of Thomas’ “vanilla” attitude towards sex, so I do not see a sustainable future for their relationship, which may be for the best for Thomas.

Blake’s current behaviour is not going to win him any admirers and cultivate financial opportunities, which I suspect is his real motive. He needs to be far more circumspect with what he says and to whom he says it, or he will soon realise he is not the flavour of the month. His dismissal of Patrick as “pool man” particularly irked me. 

I had several misreads in this chapter @Wombat Bill (an increasingly frustrating occurrence, perhaps it is my eyesight). One was very funny, the other not so much. “Virginia arrived a little late and made a grand entrance on the arm of Justin, in minimal attire”. I first read it as Virginia was the one in minimal attire and had a good laugh. I almost immediately realised my error, particularly when one remembers Justin’s penchant for minimal attire. The not so funny misread was “The stables theme was kept by covering the floor with hay and equine equipment decorated the walls”. I read this is as the walls being decorated with equine excrement, probably because you were describing the former stables, and the association with horses and hay. Again I quickly realised my error, particularly when I read the feed store was set aside for a boutique shop.

 What a refreshing relationship Thomas and Virginia have. "I’m pretty sure we were noticed” replied Justin.“Yes, the oldest woman here, accompanied by the sexiest man alive, how could they fail to notice”.“Oh, that’s not entirely true” Thomas replied.“Which part’s not true?” asked Virginia.“I’ll get that drink for you now Virginia, while Thomas talks his way out of this” gave me another really good laugh @Wombat Bill, something which is becoming a not unpleasant habit of yours lately. 

"After the tour of the bedrooms, Virginia and Blake descended the stairs, arm in arm, like a queen and consort making a grand entrance to their ball." Your timing of this posting is impeccable @Wombat Bill given the events of the past 24 hours. As you know I don’t watch TV and from the complaints of family and friends about the saturation coverage, I am more thankful than ever I don’t. I by no means disliked ER, but would soon grow weary of the media circus.

A thoroughly delightful chapter, but I have to ask where was young Troy? After his epiphany courtesy of Thomas in the last chapter he has grown on me.

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Dante is going to get caught out, and I don’t think it will end well for his relationship with Thomas.   Coming out and being honest about it would have been best, but he’s digging a hole with his actions… 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment

Blake is an idiot and very rude in the way that he spoke to Virginia, he’s a nasty piece of work.

Dante is a fool and I bet he gets caught with Yashuka 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..