Jump to content
    Yeoldebard
  • Author
  • 2,608 Words
  • 1,328 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Brothers - 65. Chapter 65

JASON

 

Nerves bubbled in his chest. Tonight was going to change so many things.

Jason sipped at the glass of cranberry wine at the table, grimacing at the taste. He’d never been a fan of alcohol, and the bitterness of the cranberries only made the burn worse.

Across the table, Devyn was eating with his usual fervour, his wine largely ignored. Jason still hadn’t seen him in his clothes for the dance; Richard seemed to think the surprise was important for the night. All Jason knew was that Devyn would be wearing a dress and the tall silver heels he’d taken to wearing around the house.

A bit of pasta slipped off Devyn’s fork, and a red splotch appeared on his shirt. The wolf scowled at the mark, his fork wavering.

“If you’re finished with dinner, why don’t you get your shower started,” Richard suggested. “I’ll be up when you’re done, to help you dress.”

Jason let out a silent sigh, standing up to collect Devyn’s plate with his own. He carried them to the sink, rinsing them off as Devyn waited by the stairs.

They were sharing the shower minutes later, Jason fighting off Devyn’s hands as he washed his mate. The neko soaped up his own hands, making sure to clean every inch of their bodies thoroughly; they were going to be sweaty before long, but with what they had planned for the evening, being clean was paramount.

“I thought we were waiting until we get to your house…” Devyn breathed as Jason’s finger ran over his hole.

The neko nodded, scrubbing the wolf’s crack vigorously before continuing the rest of Devyn’s bath. As soon as they were done, he towelled his mate off and helped him to his bedroom.

“I don’t want to go to the dance,” Devyn said suddenly.

Jason frowned at the wolf, sitting him down on the bed.

‘Why?’

“I don’t know what I’m supposed to do there. I don’t know how to dance properly.”

‘Do you want to stay at my house tonight?’

Devyn nodded vigorously, his hips wagging slightly. Jason stared at the wolf’s hips, wondering why he’d never really noticed Devyn doing that before. It was like he was wagging his tail, but in human form.

Pulling his attention back to the problem at hand, Jason thought for a moment.

‘Can you stay at the dance for fifteen minutes?’

It would be enough time to talk to people, maybe slip in one dance, and make buying them clothes worth it. Richard wouldn’t be able to complain too much; they did go to the dance.

Devyn nodded, and Jason kissed him lightly, before retreating to his own room. The next hour was spent dressing, figuring out how to button his black suit properly, tie the green tie around his neck. A clipper straightened the fur on his ears and tail, and when he was finished, the neko smiled at himself in the mirror.

Jason couldn’t remember ever wearing anything this fancy before. He looked strange, felt stranger, but this was what he was supposed to wear. The neko almost agreed with Devyn; it would be easier to just head to the other house and enjoy a night of peace together.

But he couldn’t disappoint Richard.

Heading downstairs, he winced at a sudden bright flash.

“Oh, sorry, I didn’t realise the flash was on,” Patrick frowned, pressing a button on his camera. “Okay, try it again.”

Blinking at the spots in his eyes, Jason turned around, looking at the stairs. He shook his head, turning back to Patrick.

‘Take the picture.’

Sighing, Patrick lifted the camera. A click snapped out. And Jason headed toward the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water.

“You don’t seem very excited,” Patrick noted.

The neko shrugged, before gulping down the water.

‘I feel like I’m pushing Devyn to do this.’

“Do you think he would have done it any other way?” Patrick pointed out. “All I see is how happy it’s making Richard. His son is finally being sociable.”

‘At what cost?’

“What do you mean? Did Devyn say something to you?” Patrick frowned.

Jason shrugged, hands dropping to his sides. He started to lean back, then thought better of it. There was no need to risk staining the suit.

“Well, I know you two are heading to your house after. I’m sure that will cheer him up. You have protection, right?”

Jason’s face burned as he nodded, touching his breast pocket.

“Hey, you two ready down there?” Richard called before Patrick could respond.

Jason shoved down his misgivings as they left the kitchen. Looking upstairs, the neko waited silently, chafing at the whole ceremony. He doubted Devyn was enjoying it any more than he was.

“We’re waiting!” Patrick called back.

“Okay, go on. Patrick’s going to take your picture so we can all remember tonight.”

A pregnant pause filled the house, and then Devyn’s heels thumped along the hallway. The wolf appeared around the corner, startling as Patrick’s camera clicked.

Jason stared up at him, his eyes taking in the deep blue velvet dress hanging off Devyn’s shoulders. Red hair hung around the wolf’s shoulders, contrasting almost harshly with the dress. For the first time since Jason had met him, Devyn looked well groomed.

The neko didn’t like it. Sure, Devyn looked great, amazing even, but this wasn’t the Devyn he knew. The wolf had been replaced with a human, and the difference seemed to strike them all.

His hand ran down the wall as he descended the stairs. At the bottom, Patrick took another picture, before pushing Jason into Devyn.

“Come on you two, we need one together too.”

Jason set an arm around Devyn, feeling the tension in his mate’s shoulders. He kissed Devyn’s cheek lightly, a second before the camera clicked again.

‘Can we go now?’ the neko signed to Patrick.

The elf glanced over to Richard.

“Well, do you think they’re ready to unleash upon the school?”

Richard nodded.

“Come on. I’ll drop you off at the car park,” he beamed. “You both look amazing. I’m sure you’ll remember tonight for a long time to come.”

 

DEVYN

 

Devyn sank into a chair as soon as they reached the football pitch. Over half the field, small tables had been set on a hard floor. The wolf eyed the surface, wondering how it had appeared outside.

Tents covered the floor, blocking out the light of the full moon. A light breeze ruffled Devyn’s hair, and he could see people shivering in the chill evening. Loud music thumped over the field, a beat pounding in Devyn’s head.

‘I’ll get drinks,’ Jason signed to him, before hurrying toward a table on the far side of the field.

Devyn slumped in his chair, wary eyes looking through the large crowd of people. He could barely smell the excitement in the air under all the perfume that the wind was struggling to blow away. The concoction threatened to make him sneeze, and Devyn wrinkled his face, fighting the growing urge.

He failed with a thunderous explosion, his head rocking forward.

“Fuck Devyn, a sneeze like that would raise Zasar’s beloved,” Connor’s voice said behind him. “Hey, you haven’t seen Silas around, have you?”

Devyn shook his head, and Connor sighed.

“Thank the gods… he’s been all over me all afternoon. I swear he thought I was going to ditch him or something.” Connor sat across from the wolf, kicking his feet up on the small table between them. “I’m this fucking close to doing it too.”

“But… if you’re here, and he isn’t, didn’t you already leave him?” Devyn asked in confusion.

“Oh. I suppose you’re right,” Connor shrugged. “So what’s up with the dress?” His eyes ran over Devyn’s body. “You’re not turning into a girl, are you?”

Devyn shook his head, scowling at the thought. He wasn’t a girl.

“I mean, it’s fine if you are,” Connor added quickly.

“I’m a boy,” Devyn grumbled, looking for Jason.

“There you are!”

Silas hurried toward the two, shoving a small cup at Connor. Red liquid sloshed over the rim, dousing Connor’s jacket sleeve.

“Fuck!” Connor fell out of his chair, looking around frantically. “Silas, this is a rental! Where the fuck is a towel?”

“I’m sorry. I thought you had-”

“Tell that to my dad! He’s going to kill me!”

Connor raced toward the locker room, Silas at his heels as they pushed through a crowd of people. Devyn’s eyes tracked them into the locker rooms, unlocked to provide a restroom.

A cup was placed in front of him, and his head spun, following the retreating hand. A relieved sigh escaped him at the sight of Jason sitting in the chair Connor had left.

“Can we go yet?” he whimpered. “It’s too loud here. I can’t hear anything, and my nose hurts.”

Jason stood up again, reaching across the table to rub Devyn’s head. Devyn relaxed into the petting, eyes rolling up to watch the neko’s hand. It motioned toward the cup, and Devyn sighed, before lifting it to his lips. He gulped down the sugary liquid, wincing as it burned his throat.

Shaking off the drink, he stood up, balancing on his toes easily.

‘I’m proud of you for doing this,’ Jason signed. ‘I know it was uncomfortable for you.’

“Hey Devyn! You made it!”

His head turned, watching Brienne hurry toward them with Dylan in tow. A flowing cream dress swept around her ankles, Dylan’s black suit offering a striking contrast to the light dress.

“We were going to leave,” Devyn muttered as Brienne ran a hand across his hair.

“What? You can’t go! Jason still owes me a dance!” Brienne pouted.

Beside her, Dylan was signing furiously at Jason, something about a wolf and a dress. Jason’s hand dropped over Devyn’s eyes, and he let out a growl, swatting it away.

‘-doesn’t know that sign, but don’t sign anyway. People are watching.’

Devyn glanced between Jason and Dylan, scratching his head in confusion. He wasn’t supposed to know something, but he had no idea what it was he wasn’t supposed to know. And he wasn’t sure if that was good or bad.

‘You didn’t though,’ Dylan signed.

Jason shook his head.

“Come on Jason, you did promise to dance with me,” Brienne said.

‘Wolf wants to leave. Next time,’ Jason signed, before reaching for Devyn’s hand.

Devyn hesitated, frowning between the two.

“You shouldn’t break a promise,” he muttered. “I can wait.”

Jason echoed his hesitation, but before either of them could make up their mind, Brienne was dragging the neko toward the open dance floor.

“Thanks Devyn, I owe you one!” she called over her shoulder. “Maybe you and Dylan can join us!”

Dylan and Devyn glanced at each other before both shaking their heads. There was no need for them to get involved.

 

JASON

 

“So, you never did tell me if it was wolfstyle or not.”

Jason rolled his eyes, trying to keep space between Brienne and himself as they danced.

“Not that it really matters, I suppose. But look at them, falling over themselves trying to figure out what this all means,” Brienne snickered.

Jason was almost certain they were being stared at because they were the only two actually dancing, as opposed to bouncing on their feet like two couples he could see. Other than that, the floor was barren. They were a spectacle, but not for the reason Brienne thought.

He didn’t mind though. It made what he had planned a lot more effective. But if Devyn didn’t want to take part, then it wasn’t going to work as well.

The neko glanced back at the wolf as they turned.

“So, you left me for a werewolf, huh?” Brienne teased. “Kind of makes me think it really was wolfstyle you wanted.”

Jason’s ears flicked in alarm, and he nearly tripped over his next step.

“And here I thought you learned to dance just for me. The gods know Dylan has two left legs. Well, three, actually…”

She let out a sigh, leading the neko into a turn.

“I am happy for you. He seems completely smitten with you. Though I have no idea what you did to get him in a dress.”

Jason pulled a hand away from Brienne, signing briefly before returning it.

‘You are a terrible gossip.’

“You did it just to make people talk? Oh, you’re worse than I am!” Brienne snickered.

The neko sighed, returning his gaze to their feet. It wasn’t even close enough, but he didn’t feel like putting the effort into correcting her.

“Let go of him.”

Jason’s head shot up, his eyes meeting Devyn’s searing glare. Brienne’s hands fell away from him, and Devyn pushed between them, grabbing Jason’s shoulder and arm.

“Sorry, he’s all yours,” Brienne said quickly, backing away from the two.

“I don’t like her touching you,” Devyn growled as he watched her leave.

Jason scratched the wolf’s arm soothingly.

‘She and I are not dating.’ It was hard to sign with Devyn’s arms gripping his, but Jason managed well enough. ‘You don’t need to be possessive of me. I don’t want anyone else.’

Devyn stared at his hands, the confusion mounting before clearing suddenly.

“You don’t need anyone else,” the wolf agreed. “I can do everything you want.”

Jason looked over at the woman in charge of the music, trying to catch her attention. As the current song faded, she glanced up, meeting his eyes briefly before giving a thumbs up. Flashing a smile and a nod, the neko turned back to Devyn.

Adjusting their hands as a low howl sounded over the field, Jason pulled Devyn close, their bodies pressing together. A trio of barks repeated over the howl, and Devyn grinned.

“I like this song.” They moved together, stepping with each bark. “How did you get it to play?”

Jason smiled, guiding Devyn backwards. He let out a sudden hiss as a heel landed on his foot. Gritting his teeth, the neko kept moving, ignoring the pain throbbing through his foot.

“Are you okay?” Devyn asked urgently.

Jason nodded, glancing down at their feet as they kept time with the music. They bumped against each other as he turned them, and the neko blushed as Devyn’s length poked against his stomach. This had been a bad idea; now they had to deal with erections in public, and Devyn’s dress was doing nothing to hide his.

But they pushed onward, the rhythm of barks driving them through a weaving melodic howl. Jason fought the urge to lose himself to the music. He wanted to show Devyn off.

The wolf was grinning at him as they danced, tongue poking through his smile as he leaned against his mate. His heels were clacking with each step, just matching the quick barks of the Howlers. Their eyes met for a split second, and Jason’s heart leapt at the utter joy he saw in his mate.

This wasn’t about showing Devyn off. It was about letting Devyn enjoy himself. Jason relaxed into their dancing, still mindful of the steps, but focusing more on his partner. Tonight was for Devyn.

As the howls reached a crescendo, Jason spun Devyn around, straining to lift his arm high enough to go over the wolf’s head. Devyn laughed as he faced Jason again, and the neko adjusted his grip before tilting him back.

He leaned over Devyn, grinning down at his mate. Brushing Devyn’s hair out of his eyes, Jason pressed his lips into the wolf’s, ignoring the whistles and calls around them as the song ended.

Copyright © 2020 Yeoldebard; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Love 16
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Good job Jason, getting the music right for Devyn to enjoy himself.  Now back to Jason’s house for some more good times!

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
On 4/23/2022 at 10:21 PM, VBlew said:

Good job Jason, getting the music right for Devyn to enjoy himself.  Now back to Jason’s house for some more good times!

I agree with good job on the music and dance! Great job Jason!

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..