Prompt #254 - First Line

Cigar Bars and Men From Mars

"Since when is that acceptable?"  Cassie didn't even look up from the paper she was reading when she spoke.  "Jo Ann will kick your ass if you go into a cigar bar as bad as your asthma gets when you are around smoke.  If you go, I'm telling her.  Anyway, you're supposed to be taking care of me while I'm sick today."

KC slumped down onto the couch at Cassie's feet, looking dejected and much like the little boy he wasn't.  "I was hoping she'd go with me.  After all, it's a gay bar, and I think she would have fun."

Cassie kicked KC as hard as she could with her barefoot.  "You ass.  I can't believe you're sitting there talking about taking my girlfriend out to a gay bar while I'm sick, and even implying that she'd have a good time without me.  Some friggin friend you are.  Find someone else to go if you are gonna go.  But, if you come in and your clothes smell like smoke, I'll enjoy seeing Jo Ann beat your ass.  You stayed in the hospital three days the last bout you had with asthma, and after that little incident, I wouldn't even blow out the candles on my own birthday cake if I were you."

"You always have to bring shit up, Cassie.  It's not like you're an angel.  I remember you bought edible underwear, and Jo Ann was allergic to them.  Her lips swelled, airways was blocked, and you lied to the doctor about what happened.  But remember, I know."  KC smirked at the embarassed look on Cassie's face.

"At least, Jo Ann didn't come home to the smoke alarms blaring, and me hitting a bong, while getting a blowjob from some skank.  You almost passed out, trying to let him finish while Jo Ann and I opened doors and windows.  We could've all been arrested.  But, all you were worried about was getting off.  You thought you passed out in sexual bliss, instead of fainting from the asthma, and having to be rushed to the emergency room.  If I'd been Jo Ann, I would've just let them pick you up naked, and left the bong laying on the floor beside you.  And, the worst part of the whole thing was that I had to administer CPR.  By the time I brought you around, I was so high that I couldn't even go to the hospital with ya'll.  Don't even try to talk about what I've done.  You'll lose hands down."  Cassie heard the key in the lock as she finished speaking.

"We'll see how brave you are now, Big boy."  She snickered, and then smiled at Jo Ann as she came through the door.

"Feeling better?  I got stuff to make homemade soup for you, and your favorite Christmas movie for us to watch tonight."  Jo Ann leaned to kiss Cassie on the top of the head as she spoke.

'Mmm, I think KC has something to ask you."

KC glared at Cassie before saying.  "There's a new cigar bar over on fifth, and it's gay.  I thought you and I'd check it out tonight.  You know, just a couple of drinks or so.  It doesn't have to be an all nighter or anything."

"You did NOT just ask me to go to a cigar bar with you!  If you did, you've lost your mind.  First of all, I'm not leaving Cassie here alone, and second, you've no business in a bar of any kind that is smoky.  You know better, and I can't believe you suggested it.  KC, I wonder about you at times."  Jo Ann sighed in exasperation, and went in the kitchen.  She grabbed a beer and looked over her shoulder.  "Are you up for a beer?"

Cassie nodded absently.  "I finished my anti-biotics yesterday.  A beer sounds great."

"I'll take one while you're in the fridge."  KC took his and Cassie's beer from Jo Ann, and handed one to Cassie.

"You just as well take him for a little while, Jo Ann, or he'll pout for the next week.  I'll be fine here alone. Anyway, my mom is stopping by later to drop off some chicken and dumplings."  Cassie drank her beer slowly, watching Jo Ann.

"I'll just borrow your car if you don't mind, and go alone.  I'll be home by....."

Jo Ann didn't even let KC finish his sentence.  "KC, where's your jeep?"

"In the impound, Jo Ann.  You know that."  KC flushed.

"Why can't you get it out?"  Jo Ann was staring at KC, waiting for his answer.

"You know why.  They've towed it out of the same place, three times, in the last two weeks."  KC mumbled his words.

"Then, why in the hell would I even think about lending you my car?  I certainly don't want it towed away from in front of the adult bookstore, because you go in to watch a couple of peep shows, and forget about the time.  The owner said you put seven rolls of  quarters in that slot.  The curtains were worn out from opening and closing, and he had to switch out couples over a dozen times.  Who watches twelve different gay couples have sex in the span of two hours, and gets something out of it everytime?"

KC raised his hand, fluttering his fingers. "I've a very lively libido.  You know that."

"I know that you had to coat your cock with vaseline for  the next solid week, because it was so sore from you beating off.  You filled up the container at the place, and the owner said he slipped down three times, trying to clean up your mess.  What normal person, jerks off that much?  Wait, you aren't normal.  Couldn't be, because a normal person wouldn't do all the crazy, perverted things you've done, just since you've been with us, the last six months."  Shaking her head, Jo Ann got up, knowing she just as well take him for a little while.

"You two have fun."  Cassie stuck her movie in, laughing, thinking of the story she would hear later.  It would be a good one, she knew.

The dusky atmosphere in the bar did nothing to hide the elegance of the leather couches and chairs, that men and women lounged on.  There was soft music playing, and surprisingly, the ventilation had the air mostly clear of smoke.  Jo Ann found her a place at the small bar, and waited for their waiter.  KC sat next to her, letting his eyes wander over the other males lounging on the couches. 

"Cigars?"  KC and Jo Ann turned to see a slim young man dressed in black leggings, black tunic, and his face looked a ghostly green beneath the black baseball cap he had turned backwards on his head.  Jo Ann noticed his hands had the green tinge also, thinking it was an odd touch for an establishment this nice.

KC and Jo Ann took a cigar, more or less, so they wouldn't look out of place.  Jo Ann lit hers with the small book of matches, provided by the eerie looking waiter.  Turning the matchbook over, she read the words on the back.  "Nothing is alien to us."  She thought it was a little strange, but threw the matchbook on the bar, then jerked KC's cigar from his mouth before he could light it.  "Don't you dare, or we go home now!"

Giving in, KC leaned back against the bar, waiting patiently for another waiter so he could get a drink.  All of a sudden, the place was draped in  darkness.  All you could see was the burning tip of the cigars being smoked.  "Would you like a cocktail?"

Jo Ann and KC jumped when they heard the smoky voice behind them.  They turned to see a slender male, draped in a neon green rubbery looking suit that was so tight, the imprint of his dick looked like it was tighly pushed against his body.  The material clung like a second skin, and the man's arousal was obvious, as his dick showed hard, and erect, against his stomach.  Jo Ann saw KC adjust his crotch before ordering.

"Gin and tonic for me, and bourbon and branch for her."  His words came out breathlessly, as he'd been running.

Jo Ann couldn't help but giggle a little.  When they got their drink, they turned back around to a playground that any gay male would love.  The green waiters were everywhere.  Some slim and willowy, like the bartender, some muscular and brawny, but no hair, just the tight rubbery, green glowing suit, outlining their whole body, including their more than average cocks.  KC was enthralled, and Jo Ann was amazed.

It was like watching a show in 3+D.  The waiters seemed to have a glow about them.  They had on glittery red eye shadow that made their eyes glow even more, and antennaes about a foot long, fell to each side of their heads.  It wasn't but a few secomds before KC and Jo Ann noticed that the antennaes were in the shape of a long thin penis, the end, a bulbous head.  Jo Ann turned to see KC lick his lips as he watched.

When one of the waiters headed toward them, KC hastily drained his drink, excitedly , waiting for the beautiful creature to get close to him.  The man stopped within inches of KC's knees.  "Something to drink handsome?" 

The mans voice made Jo Ann want to run home and ravish CAssie.  She couldn't imagine how KC felt.  But, she didn't have to wait long.  Before the slim young man had time to react, KC had one of the waiter's antennae's in his mouth, slurping like there was no tomorrow.  The man actually looked like it was hurting his head as KC sucked the penis shaped rubber, or was it rubber?  KC let go of the limb, and grabbed Jo Ann by the hand, running for the front door.

"What the hell is wrong with you KC?  Have you lost your mind?"  Jo Ann saw that the entrance was blocked by several of the waiters.  She pulled KC around and headed for the restroom sign.  As they hurried through the bar, she noticed that the eyes of the other patrons had the same glow as the waiters.  "Oh shit!  What the hell had KC gotten them into this time?"  Trying not to think, Jo Ann just started running toward the women's bathroom, KC in tow.

Pushing the door of the bathroom open, she ran to one of the stalls, and climbed onto the back of the toilet. Pushing the window open, she screamed,"Push me up KC.  Hurry up!"

KC pushed Jo Ann over the edge of the window, following close behind. 

Brushing herself off, Jo Ann reached for KC"s hand and looked around, trying to figure out where the hell they were.  Seeing a glow of light, they started toward it, stopping dead in their tracks when they saw what the light was coming from. 

"That's a fucking flying saucer!"  KC screamed the words like a girl.

"No shit, Sherlock.  Let's get the hell out of here."  Jo Ann ran in the opposite direction.  It seemed like hours before they found their car in the parking lot, around the corner from the bar.  They jumped in and didn't check up as they pulled out onto the interstate, heading toward home.

Cassie heard squealing tires pull into the driveway around ten o'clock.  She was so glad her mom was gone, because something was up.  Jo Ann never squealed tires.

"You'll never believe this.  Sit down."  KC screamed at Cassie as he and Jo Ann came in the front door.

"I'm sitting down KC.  What the hell happened?  You both look like you've seen a ghost."

An hour later, Cassie was tempted to take Jo Ann and KC to the emergency room for a drug test, until she heard the whir go across the top of their house.  The three of them ran to the back door.  As the flying saucer got higher, their backyard was lit up like it was daylight.  The blinking lights seemed to mock KC and Jo Ann as they watched it disappear into the sky.

"Ok, not a word about this to anyone.  Do you two hear me?"  Cassie was scared shitless, but knew nobody would believe any of them.

Needless to say, nobody slept all night.  When daylight came, the three of them took a shower together, scared to be alone.  After they dressed, they stuck their head out the door, to see if the world looked normal.  Sure enough, Mr. Ratcliffe, waved at them as he watered his flowers.  The paperboy threw the newspaper onto the porch at their feet.  Breathing a sigh of relief, the three of them looked at each other and laughed.  Maybe it was just a bad dream.

They turned to go into the house.  Jo Ann bent down and got the newspaper, before shutting the door behind them. 

Sitting down at the table beside Cassie, she spoke loudly to KC, who was rummaging in the icebox.  "Fix us a mimosa.  You owe me for last night."

The two women looked at each other, neither knowing what to say or think.  They knew it happened, just couldn't figure it all out.  Sighing, Jo Ann opened the paper.  She choked on the champagne and orange juice, as CAssie did when she looked over her shoulder.

The headline ......  Was It Really a Flying Sauce and Were the Men Green?

Several residents of our little town reported a bright light in our skies last night.  Young Billy Newman claimed he saw a little green man chasing a man and woman down the sidewalk of Fifth and Main around ten o'clock p.m.  His parents are seeking help for their son, thinking he was drugged.  There'll be more to report as the day progresses.  If someone knows or saw anything, please contact this newspaper, or the media.

KC stood behind the two girls, reading the article.  After scanning the words, he promptly fainted.

Edited by joann414
  • Like 4

So -   I finally gave in and got my editor tag.  Since that allows me to publish stories as well i have started a "story" to place my responses in.  This weeks attempt ( and i do call them attempts, I am not much of a writer )  can be found here:

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/kitt/toquietthelittlevoice/1

Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

HeHeHe   look! I even managed to link it! Yay for the technologically challenged!

Edited by Kitt

Well done Kitt! so proud of you ma!

You got me again, but it took a while - Biker Boys

“Since when is that acceptable?” Gary could barely contain the rage in his voice as he stared at his son, “At what point did you decide that that was going to be acceptable?”

Father and son looked at each other across the kitchen table for a long moment before Hadley turned around and stomped upstairs. He’d should have known. Things between them had been going so well. Hadley sat on his bed and stared at the Honda racing poster on the back of his door. He should have known that his father was just bottling up all the things that were annoying him about his son.

Hadley touched the pad of one finger to the cling film that covered his new tattoo and sighed. He loved the tattoo, the black and colours and the shading… it was excellent. He was really happy with it, and the three hundred quid it had cost. It wasn’t the money that his father was upset about, he’d saved up, it was his money to spend. He was nineteen, he could make his own decisions. Hadley laid back on his bed and stared at the ceiling.

When he had announced that he wasn’t going to university, his father had sighed, argued, tried to show him the advantages of campus life, but eventually relented.

When he had started working at the garage, working with bikes, coming home every day covered in oil: Gary had been cool, mostly, pleased that he was making money, getting on with his co-workers.

Then he’d found out about the racing.

Hadley had managed to keep the dirt bike racing secret, all through school. Lyall had been the one with the bike, then bikes after his fourteenth birthday when his parents had bought him a new Kawasaki dirt racer and the little Honda starter had been all Hadley had been able think about every waking moment from then on in. Lyall’s parents had been rather laid back about their sort-of-adoption of their oldest son’s best friend: and had taken him to races, paid his entrances fees, cheered him on and bought him burgers and chips afterwards. Lyall’s sixteenth birthday was in the same week as his, three days before, and there had been a pair of Aprilia RRV450’s  sitting in the garage and one had been sprayed bright yellow. Hadley had spent the next two years winning and competing on that thing until the day he’d unthinkingly pulled up in the driveway to grab a different jacket and his father had been home.

Gary had hauled his arse over hot coals, shout, screamed, then not spoken to him for weeks. Like four whole weeks. He’d made Hadley give the bike back, even though the license and the registration had been in his own name and Hadley had walked out of the house. He couldn’t stay with Lyall, because it would be the first place his father would look, and had spent two sleepless nights kipping in the back of Ian’s purple and green racing mini. Going home with his tail tucked between his legs had not been fun.

And now this. Hadley couldn’t see what his father was so worked up about. It was a tattoo, and an awesome one at that. He’d had the artist do a slightly Japanese style rendition of his favourite photo; an image showing himself and Lyall on their bikes, riding into the sunset. The blood and flame colours that spilled up his shoulder from his shoulder blade made him gloriously happy. It was a picture of him and his best friend on the best day of his life. How could it be possibly be inappropriate?

Hadley spent a while clicking around the internet on his phone, sent the pics of the tattoo to Lyall, Ian and a couple of guys from the shop, checked on his email and read through the latest spec on the updated Kawasaki Ninja. It was a nice bike, but pointlessly overpowered for use on the roads. He found a second hand Ducati 749 online for a decent price and sighed heavily. It was a good bike, and he was qualified to have it. Hadley dropped the phone into his lap and pulled out his wallet.

There is was. It was awesome that it had come through on the same day as his appointment for the tat. It had been one of those things that you hoped would happen, but never actually do. He’d taken the test for the top class racing license, and now here is was in front of him. He could race, he could ride whatever he wanted, and he had a test run with the Ducati racing satellite team next week.

And now he had his father to deal with. Hadley took his new license and the confirmation letter with him when he went back downstairs.

“Dad?” Gary was standing at the sink, washing the dishes like he had a grudge against them, “Dad? I need you to look at this.”

“What? What am I supposed to be looking at?” Gary dumped the dish onto the draining board and turned around with wet hands. He scanned the card and then the paper and made an angry sort of noise, “What is this?”

“You know what it is Dad. I told you I couldn’t stop racing.”

“And I told you that you had to!”

“Don’t yell at me.” Hadley folded the letter around the license and stuffed the two back into his jeans pocket, he winced when the skin stretched over the bruised, newly tattooed muscle. “I want to race. I need to race.”

“You’re risking your life out there.” Gary sat heavily at the table, “Every time you race you might die.”

“And I might not.” Hadley sat on the other side of the table, “I have to do this dad.”

“And the tattoo?” Gary fixed his son with a hard glare, “You have to know how that looks? It’s totally inappropriate.”

Hadley arched a dark eyebrow.

“How it looks?” He touched the visible part of the tattoo on his shoulder, “What do you mean, how it looks? It’s not like I have some big fuck-off skull or anything on me. It’s a good tattoo.”

“Of another man.” Gary shook his head, “People are going to assume that you love him.”

Hadley frowned. Lyall was like his brother, they’d know each other since they were ten. They did everything together. Of course he loved Lyall: he was his bro, his best guy, the nicest kid he knew.

“He’s my best friend Dad.”

“And have you seen him with any girls lately?” Gary stood up again and returned to the dishes, “You have no idea how that boy worships you.”

“Huh?” Hadley stared at his father’s back, “What?”

“Lyall is gay Hadley. He’s in love with you.”

“Huh?” Hadley repeated the single syllable dumbly, and lost focus on what was happening in the kitchen. His phone buzzed in his pocket.

Lyall: Dude! Sic tat, looks awesome. Good enhancement for good skin. Love it xxx

Three kisses. Lyall ended pretty much all his texts with kisses. He’d never thought about it before. Gary’s words went around in his skull for a while. Lyall was his best friend, they’d grown up together, raced together. Lyall wasn’t going to continue in racing, not like he was. He was supportive, had hugged his friend when the letter came through. Driven him to his license test because Hadley had been so nervous that he’d nearly thrown up.  Lyall who had never once told him no, always been there for him, always smiled and ended his texts with kisses.

Hadley went to the mirror in the hallway and pulled his shirt over his head, looking over his shoulder at the ink. Lyall, his best friend on the matching bike, riding into the sunset. Lyall was gay. Lyall apparently loved him.

Hadley tried to find words to describe how he felt and came up empty.

Now what was he going to do?

Edited by Sasha Distan
  • Like 2