2014 Anthology Themes

Thank you to everyone who voted in the polls. Based on the results, here are the themes for the 2014 GA Quarterly Anthologies as well as the 2014 Poetry Anthology:

2014 Spring Anthology: Nature's Wrath  (submission deadline March 8, 2014)
2014 Summer Anthology: The Backup Plan  (submission deadline June 8, 2014)
2014 Fall Anthology: Scars  (submission due to Anthology Proof Team Sept 3rd)
2014 Winter Anthology: Chain Reaction  (submission due to Anthology Proof Team Dec 3rd)

2014 Poetry Anthology: A Storm is Coming  (submission deadline April 15, 2014)

Please Note: The submission deadline on Quarterly Anthologies (Spring, Summer, Fall, & Winter) is for stories to be submitted into GA Stories.  Stories will need to be received by the Anthology Proof Team by the dates specified.  The Poetry Anthology is exempt from a final proof by the Anthology Proof Team.  For more information on the submission procedure, please check the forum thread.

• Like 4

Wow, 2 of my suggestions made it to the final list :D  All together it's a very interesting list. I can't wait to get plotting and planning.  Hopefully I can come up with something good.

GUTTED I had a few decent ideas, and I was let down yet again. Oh well there always 2015.

You can write about those ideas and post them as regular stories. :)

The themes weren't exactly my fav's. But I think it's a good list. I'm sure everyone here at GA would be able to come up with something for these themes. :)

• Like 1

GUTTED I had a few decent ideas, and I was let down yet again. Oh well there always 2015.

There were close to 300 ideas for anthology themes that had to be narrowed down to five.  I wouldn't take it personally.  Mine didn't make the cut either, but that is okay.  The fun is taking a theme you would normally never work with and creating a story from it.  Good luck!

• Like 1

ideas? Yes. Is the wolf trying to work out how to fit the same characters into all four stories? Well, i am now....

If you meant me, with 'the wolf' , that I am trying to do. Emphasize on trying. Did already a little snippet in one of the prompts...

If you meant me, with 'the wolf' , that I am trying to do. Emphasize on trying. Did already a little snippet in one of the prompts...

I was actually referring to myself in the third person, oh self-centered one (kidding!) If I meant you, I'd have said Mister Wolf. Also, really? 

Can we actually try and do that, or are we not allowed by the anthology rule that says the stories must be stand alone's?

I was actually referring to myself in the third person, oh self-centered one (kidding!) If I meant you, I'd have said Mister Wolf. Also, really? 

Can we actually try and do that, or are we not allowed by the anthology rule that says the stories must be stand alone's?

You can do that, however, the story has to stand alone.  You cannot have to read the previous stories to be able to understand the new story.  There are other authors who have done this as well, myself included (for an example you can look at my Adventures of Jerry and Chris stories).  If you have to go back and read a previous story to understand something that is happening in the new story, then it is not a stand alone story. One thing to keep in mind, is you would have to re-introduce the characters in each story.

Edited by Renee Stevens

You can do that, however, the story has to stand alone.  You cannot have to read the previous stories to be able to understand the new story.  There are other authors who have done this as well, myself included (for an example you can look at my Adventures of Jerry and Chris stories).  If you have to go back and read a previous story to understand something that is happening in the new story, then it is not a stand alone story. One thing to keep in mind, is you would have to re-introduce the characters in each story.

Thanks for the update. this was the conclusion i reached with my Sis when we chatted about it. i will think on it, because while  i don't like the idea of reintroducing all the characters, i have another idea which might mean i don't have to do that much introducing, but still be able to write original fiction stories which will stand alone.

ta Renee, and kudos on all yours and teams hard work.

• 9 months later...

2014 Fall Anthology: Scars  (submission due to Anthology Proof Team Sept 3rd)

2014 Winter Anthology: Chain Reaction  (submission due to Anthology Proof Team Sept 3rd)

Can anyone say if these dates are right. The Fall and Winter submissions have the same due date and I hadn't noticed before. I was hoping to do the Winter one but have not finished writing it yet.

Can anyone say if these dates are right. The Fall and Winter submissions have the same due date and I hadn't noticed before. I was hoping to do the Winter one but have not finished writing it yet.

Doh!  Sorry, that's my mistake, thank you for pointing it out.  The Winter Anthology should say Dec 3rd, it has now been fixed.