Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play, Ch 6: A Kiss

That sounds about right - I guestimate there are probably a couple hundred posts from CJ that actally say anything of importance and more than FOUR THOUSAND that don't!

:o Emoe!!!

Awww, what a thing to say about shy and quiet me.... :ph34r:

Speaking of things...

I've seen no comments regarding what The Scar and Dimitri are up to in this chapter... So I need to ask; was it clear? Or was I too vague?

BTW, I do research the technical details, so it's accurate, right down to the natural radioactivity of Granite. As an interesting side-note, the radioacivity from granite is enough to give a higher level of background radiation in New York's Grand Central Station (a granite building) than would be allowable in most workspaces in a nuclear power plant.

:)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator

Okay CJ, I goofed. :blink:

I took a right when I crossed the Arizona state line instead of a left. My rage was so intense that when I saw what I mistakenly took as a goat, I figured it was you :angry: .

Unfortunately, I went to the wrong place, and this was the result:

alpaca_shaved.jpg

BUT CJ, I warn you, now that I'm heading in the right direction again, your haircut won't be too much different!!! :battleaxe:

Steve :P

• Site Administrator
I've seen no comments regarding what The Scar and Dimitri are up to in this chapter... So I need to ask; was it clear? Or was I too vague?

It seemed pretty clear that they had bought some material on the blackmarket. I'm not sure if it was uranium or plutonium (I suspect the later), and it wasn't quite as weapons-grade as they originally thought. The rest of the detail, I'm happy to wait for it to be resolved.

The idea of what they were doing seems clear enough. Motive and detail are still to be revealed....

Okay CJ, I goofed. :blink:

I took a right when I crossed the Arizona state line instead of a left. My rage was so intense that when I saw what I mistakenly took as a goat, I figured it was you :angry: .

Unfortunately, I went to the wrong place, and this was the result:

alpaca_shaved.jpg

BUT CJ, I warn you, now that I'm heading in the right direction again, your haircut won't be too much different!!! :battleaxe:

Steve :P

What did the Llama ever do to you? Come on, don't blind rage convince you that everything with four legs and a... "distinct" odor is a goat. Honestly what would Dr. Doolittle say about this grievous abuse!

hint:

this post had absolutely nothing to do with the posted chapter... I do however have said deleted scenes and may be will to sell them off to the highest bidder

S#&%! its an alpaca....

Edited by shadowgod

Well, we did get a kiss...It was not entirely unexpected from a goat who likes to write cliff hangers and do other devious things. I don't mind that so much but with all the changing of cloths couldn't someone have gotten mooned? (I'm being a pest of course.)

Great chapter! As always I'm looking forward to the next one. What will you call the chapter where they finally do kiss?

As always I'm looking forward to the next one. What will you call the chapter where they finally do kiss?

the unlikely ones (give away too much...)

Close Encounter of a Drooly Kind.

When Tongues Collide.

most likely:

Fun Picnic Afternoon

The Great Show

Disaster

hehehe...looks like something out of one of C.S. Lewis' stories.

That had better be photoshop in action, Steve, or the animal lovers will be on your trail. :lol:

Conner

B) .......It looks ridiculous!! Wonder if a goat would look better, anyone have a shaved goat pic!

Honestly what would Dr. Doolittle say about this grievous abuse!

Actually, he would ask Steve where he could get one and then gives us all a glorious rendition of the chorus from "Talk to the Animals". :D

Conner

P.S. I hated the movie. A stage rendition would likely be better. The kids love it, though, so I'm willing to bear it. I love it when I behave magnaminously. :D

Speaking of things...

It's clear what they're up to, if that's what you're asking. I'm just totally disinterested in that part of the story....for now anyway. You did generate a spark in me when it looked like they might be gay...but you snatched that away pretty quickly.

I was thinking "gay terrorists". They both had lost lovers due to vengeful homophobes. Their plan was to nuke Pheonix because it's anti-gay or something...or maybe the home of some anti-gay televangelist. Stranger things have happened. They're not really interested in killing a lot of innocent people, but the media coverage would be sensational. :D

Conner

It's clear what they're up to, if that's what you're asking. I'm just totally disinterested in that part of the story....for now anyway. You did generate a spark in me when it looked like they might be gay...but you snatched that away pretty quickly.

I was thinking "gay terrorists". They both had lost lovers due to vengeful homophobes. Their plan was to nuke Pheonix because it's anti-gay or something...or maybe the home of some anti-gay televangelist. Stranger things have happened. They're not really interested in killing a lot of innocent people, but the media coverage would be sensational. :D

Conner

Conner, back away from the keyboard... you called me a post-aholic for my two back to back posts to be the top of the new page... you've got three in a row... There are steps for recovery ya know.

Bob :wub:

Conner, back away from the keyboard... you called me a post-aholic for my two back to back posts to be the top of the new page... you've got three in a row... There are steps for recovery ya know.

B) .....Relax, he's just getting an early shot at his 2000th post

Wildone; I'd look horrible if you sheared me! (and that pic is hilarious!)

It seemed pretty clear that they had bought some material on the blackmarket. I'm not sure if it was uranium or plutonium (I suspect the later), and it wasn't quite as weapons-grade as they originally thought. The rest of the detail, I'm happy to wait for it to be resolved.

The idea of what they were doing seems clear enough. Motive and detail are still to be revealed....

Thanks.. I've been wondering how much detail to go into. It's plutonium, (PU is the symbol for plutonium). PU-240 is an isotope of plutonium, and "weapons Grade" is usually considered to be anything in excess of 97% PU-239, and less than 3% PU-240. PU-240 is a high-grade neutron source due to it's short half-life, and makes a bomb prone to pre-ignition and very low yields (The most likely explanation for N. Korea's fizzle; half a kiloton on their single nuclear test.). It's the PU-240 situation that causes plutonium to be unworkable in a gun-assembly method (the one used in the Hiroshima bomb using Uranium 235), the assembly speeds are too low, which is why Plutonium-core devices use implosion (also used with Uranium since the Hiroshima device; it allows for a far lower amount of fissionable material to achieve the same yield.)

You can, however, compensate for too high a PU-240 percentage in the design, as long as it's not too high a percentage. You can even use reactor-grade plutonium in a nuclear device; you need far more fissionable mass, and a cylindrical implosion design, but it can be done. It's even been tested once. (that won't affect the story though; their plutonium is almost weapons-grade, so not a major design issue)

What did the Llama ever do to you? Come on, don't blind rage convince you that everything with four legs and a... "distinct" odor is a goat. Honestly what would Dr. Doolittle say about this grievous abuse!

hint: this post had absolutely nothing to do with the posted chapter... I do however have said deleted scenes and may be will to sell them off to the highest bidder

Now, now, Mr. Annonymous beta-reader; just make sure I get a cut... :P:P :P

Well, we did get a kiss...It was not entirely unexpected from a goat who likes to write cliff hangers and do other devious things. I don't mind that so much but with all the changing of cloths couldn't someone have gotten mooned? (I'm being a pest of course.)

Great chapter! As always I'm looking forward to the next one. What will you call the chapter where they finally do kiss?

Hrmmmm, what could I call the chapter where they finally kiss? Mhhh, How about "The epilogue of part III of the Trilogy" 0:)

I would rather say: "The much awaited one"

Ieshwar

If you don't want to wait forever, you really do need to lift your henious threat to stop calling me a lurker if they kiss. :P

B) .....Too suggestive!! CJ always hints :( you know like "The moments up"

Yep! My chapter titles, on occasion, are known to be either vague, or perhaps, some might imply, misleading. LIke "Bullet-riddled-body" in FTL: There was indeed a bullet riddled body in that chapter; it was Chris' jeep. :)

Conner

I can't comment on the plot except to say it's in the posted text that both The Scar and Dimitri are straight. They also don't appear homophobic (due to having no qualms about appearing gay for the sake of cover).

The storyline of The Scar and Dimitri will make sense though, later, and it will be quite critical to the entire story. :)

B) .....Relax, he's just getting an early shot at his 2000th post

B)B):whistle::whistle:

Egads, another postaholic! :P

• Site Administrator
hint: this post had absolutely nothing to do with the posted chapter... I do however have said deleted scenes and may be will to sell them off to the highest bidder

Shadowgod,

Unfortunately my credit card is just about maxed due to the fact that I'm still driving around Arizona looking for CJ's place to give him a haircut, so I can't bid with money. :(

But, fortunately due to the advice of a GA member, I am now driving around proudly in a 1972 Volvo. It is one of the safest cars that I've ever had the pleasure of driving. I rebuilt the engine, and I will trade it to you for deleted scenes, and I'll even throw in the fuzzy dice.

Steve :D

Shadowgod,

Unfortunately my credit card is just about maxed due to the fact that I'm still driving around Arizona looking for CJ's place to give him a haircut, so I can't bid with money. :(

But, fortunately due to the advice of a GA member, I am now driving around proudly in a 1972 Volvo. It is one of the safest cars that I've ever had the pleasure of driving. I rebuilt the engine, and I will trade it to you for deleted scenes, and I'll even throw in the fuzzy dice.

What would I do with a Volvo?

I like you Steve, but unfortunately with no money there is little I can do to help you :(

anyone else feel free :P

Steve

Ok, ok, I do lift the threat you think I gave! :angry:

Ieshwar

So you will continue to call me a lurker? :)

Shadowgod,

Now who could have mentioned such a vehicle? 0:)

What would I do with a Volvo?

Dude, you just gotta stop feeding me straight lines like this one... :lmao:

I could make many suggestions, though they might be some combination of obscene, anatomically impossible, painful, or illegal in most states. :P

Ok. By goat's def, anyone with more than 4000 posts ia a lurker! So yes! Now, spare me!

Ieshwar

P.S But you remain a postaholic per hoove! :D

I'm in no way, shape, or form a postaholic! Humph! :P

Don't let him get away with it, Ieshwar... I don't

see my post in I Never

Emoe!!!!!!!!! That was mean!!! I'm a lurker, I tell ya! A lurker!!! :ph34r:

Okay, any speculation on what will happen in the next chapter?

Should I mention that the next chapter is called "Lump's Return"? Nah, I probably won't mention that... 0:)

I'm in no way, shape, or form a postaholic! Humph! :P

Emoe!!!!!!!!! That was mean!!! I'm a lurker, I tell ya! A lurker!!! :ph34r:

Okay, any speculation on what will happen in the next chapter?

Should I mention that the next chapter is called "Lump's Return"? Nah, I probably won't mention that... 0:)

OOOOOooooo I can't wait to see the interaction between the boys. And I can already see Lump taking a swing at our hero! Of course our wonderful Manager will lay him flat, now that she doesn't work for him anymore... :P

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..