Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play, Ch 6: A Kiss

• Site Moderator

Speaking of Volvo's. The one thing that I've noticed about the older models is the shape of the headrests in them. They remind me of some of the headrests found on PTC trains (Philadelphia Tobogan Coasters).

Jan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator
Okay, any speculation on what will happen in the next chapter?

Should I mention that the next chapter is called "Lump's Return"? Nah, I probably won't mention that... 0:)

No way am I going to fall for this once again!!! By misleading us with The Kiss, I imagine this chapter will be nothing more than a scene with Brandon and Chase holding hands, looking at each other with a side reference of a "noticable lump returning to show in each others pants", then cutting away to a scene with The Scar. :angry:

Don't worry CJ, we know you can't comment on spoilers for the plot. :P

Steve

OK, when CJ posts the title, he usually sends the chapter for zeta-reading soon after. So I'll speculate while I'm still unaware of what his devious mind may have produced.

Lump's Return:

1/ Lump got really high, passed out and comes back to consciousness. He appears for seven lines in the chapter.

2/ Lump gets out from his apartment to run some errand; he comes back to his apartment and crosses the path of the Scar on his way back. Two paragraphs.

3/ Lump decides to resign from the band and to check into a Betty Ford Center. He goes back home to get money from his parents. Four paragraphs.

4/ Lump comes back to the studio. As he's about to enter the practice room, he hears the band rehearsing. Brandon's voice is so much better than his that he goes out and blows his own brains out. Two paragraphs.

• Site Administrator
OK, when CJ posts the title, he usually sends the chapter for zeta-reading soon after. So I'll speculate while I'm still unaware of what his devious mind may have produced.

Lump's Return:

1/ Lump got really high, passed out and comes back to consciousness. He appears for seven lines in the chapter.

2/ Lump gets out from his apartment to run some errand; he comes back to his apartment and crosses the path of the Scar on his way back. Two paragraphs.

3/ Lump decides to resign from the band and to check into a Betty Ford Center. He goes back home to get money from his parents. Four paragraphs.

4/ Lump comes back to the studio. As he's about to enter the practice room, he hears the band rehearsing. Brandon's voice is so much better than his that he goes out and blows his own brains out. Two paragraphs.

I think these are all just wishful thinking.

My suspicion is that Lump will try to cause trouble for the band. Suing them is an obvious first step, though on exactly what grounds I don't know (I don't have enough understand of either American law or the way band contracts and finances are organised).

I've just had an idea....

I've remarked before that I didn't see how Gabe could get away with cutting the roadies entitlements (meals and accommodation allowances) without some sort of "official" backing. I speculated that it was the boys father who provided that backing, but maybe it was Joe Clump? I can't remember from the story -- how long ago did Lump find out about Chase and the split the band start? If it was about a year ago, maybe Lump and Gabe were in cohorts to skim some extra money out of the band?

The other thing that may have happened, but hasn't been explicitly stated in the story, is Chase telling Lump that he's been fired as the band's lead singer. If that going to happen in the next chapter? If, as has been implied is likely, Lump is high at the time, there could be some spectacular fireworks. :D

Now we just have to wait....

My suspicion is that Lump will try to cause trouble for the band. Suing them is an obvious first step, though on exactly what grounds I don't know (I don't have enough understand of either American law or the way band contracts and finances are organised).

Since no real contract exists, this is speculation on my part: In one of the early chapters, we learn that the major decisions of the band are made by majority vote with each member having an equal share. This means the vote they took in his absence where three of the four members agreed would be sufficient to stop a lawsuit BUT an image is all about the public perception and nothing about what's right in most cases so the threat of a lawsuit may be enough to get the brothers to try negotiating with

Since no real contract exists, this is speculation on my part: In one of the early chapters, we learn that the major decisions of the band are made by majority vote with each member having an equal share. This means the vote they took in his absence where three of the four members agreed would be sufficient to stop a lawsuit BUT an image is all about the public perception and nothing about what's right in most cases so the threat of a lawsuit may be enough to get the brothers to try negotiating with
No way am I going to fall for this once again!!! By misleading us with The Kiss, I imagine this chapter will be nothing more than a scene with Brandon and Chase holding hands, looking at each other with a side reference of a "noticable lump returning to show in each others pants", then cutting away to a scene with The Scar. :angry:

Don't worry CJ, we know you can't comment on spoilers for the plot. :P

Steve

What? Me? Mislead? Would I ever do such a thing? 0:)

It's a spoiler!!!! Turn CJ into a pincushion! :P

ACK! Noo! Chapter titles aren't spoilers! And I don't wanna be a pincushion!!! :ph34r:

Lump's Return:

Or #5. Somebody bumps their head, raising a lump that goes down after a couple of hours. Later, they do it again in the same spot.

Hence, the lump returns. 0:)

I've just had an idea....

I've remarked before that I didn't see how Gabe could get away with cutting the roadies entitlements (meals and accommodation allowances) without some sort of "official" backing. I speculated that it was the boys father who provided that backing, but maybe it was Joe Clump? I can't remember from the story -- how long ago did Lump find out about Chase and the split the band start? If it was about a year ago, maybe Lump and Gabe were in cohorts to skim some extra money out of the band?

The other thing that may have happened, but hasn't been explicitly stated in the story, is Chase telling Lump that he's been fired as the band's lead singer. If that going to happen in the next chapter? If, as has been implied is likely, Lump is high at the time, there could be some spectacular fireworks. :D

Now we just have to wait....

I can't actually comment, so therefor all I'll say is, great speculation :2thumbs:

Now, given that I just returned the next chapter to CJ, all I'm going to say is :read:

:o

That's the "read" emoticon! Emoe, you just revealed that there are WORDS in the next chapter! That's a SPOILER!

EDITOR LEAK!!! EDITOR LEAK!!!!!

Oh, Echidna... Your spines have a mission... :devil:

It depends on what legal status the band has. I would assume that a structure of some king acts in their collective nouns, and that each business deals (recording, records, concerts) are the object of a distinctive contract. So Clump hasn't much possibility of claiming more than what he's entitled to. If his absences caused the band losses, it should be easy to prove it. And whether he was just in a drug haze or was really unable to perform because of his health, he will get kicked out without being to ask for much, besides what the sales of old records will bring, as he seems to hold no copyrights over the lyrics and music. Yes, Clump, life sucks.

Poor, misunderstood Lump?

• Site Moderator
ohmy.gif

That's the "read" emoticon! Emoe, you just revealed that there are WORDS in the next chapter! That's a SPOILER!

If this is a complaint, take it to the WST Lead.

Poor, misunderstood Lump?

Let me guess, his full name is Joeseph Eric Clump.

CJ was just joking...

Let me guess, his full name is Joeseph Eric Clump.

Eric? But we already have an Eric in the story- one of the brothers. And it seems that CJ loves the name Eric too much to have the real vilain's name be Eric... :P

Wait, what if CJ's middle name is Eric? :o

Ieshwar

I think Eric is the name of the teddy-rabbit CJ had as a kidd (goats do not have the same toys as humans do), like Rosebud for C.F. Kane.

(One of my first crushes' name was Eric, but I don't see CJames use his old loves for names. ;) )

• Site Administrator

Ieshwar

Cornelius Eric James :wacko:

Okay, that works :P

Steve

• Site Administrator
:o

Oh, Echidna... Your spines have a mission... :devil:

I agree -- someone needs to be turned into a pincushion. However, it's not Emoe. All his emoticon did was to reveal that there was something to see in the next chapter. It could've been all pictures. CJ has just revealed that that is not the case, and that there are WORDS in the next chapter. I think that makes CJ the spoiler, not Emoe :devil:

• Site Moderator
CJ was just joking...

Eric? But we already have an Eric in the story- one of the brothers. And it seems that CJ loves the name Eric too much to have the real vilain's name be Eric... :P

Ieshwar

Eric is one of those names that can be used as a first or middle name. One of my brothers middle name is the same as our dads first name.

I also think that CJ is trying to give us a good Eric this time by naming one of the band members that.

And I agree with you Graeme, that CJ gave the spoiler and not Emoe. I too, took the :read: to mean that we would have something to read, or at least, look at with the next chapter.

Jan

Oh, Echidna... Your spines have a mission...

I agree -- someone needs to be turned into a pincushion. However, it's not Emoe. All his emoticon did was to reveal that there was something to see in the next chapter. It could've been all pictures. CJ has just revealed that that is not the case, and that there are WORDS in the next chapter. I think that makes CJ the spoiler, not Emoe
And I agree with you Graeme, that CJ gave the spoiler and not Emoe. I too, took the :read: to mean that we would have something to read, or at least, look at with the next chapter.

Thanks Graeme & Jan for not letting CJ get me in trouble

No can do; the WST Lead doesn't like me and would make obscene suggestions as to where I could stick my complaint...

I think Eric is the name of the teddy-rabbit CJ had as a kidd (goats do not have the same toys as humans do), like Rosebud for C.F. Kane.

(One of my first crushes' name was Eric, but I don't see CJames use his old loves for names. ;) )

Actually, the Eric in LTMP was my first character by the name... The first draft of the first few chapters of LTMP was written in 2004. :)

Cornelius Eric James :wacko:

Okay, that works :P

Steve

ROFL!

I agree -- someone needs to be turned into a pincushion. However, it's not Emoe. All his emoticon did was to reveal that there was something to see in the next chapter. It could've been all pictures. CJ has just revealed that that is not the case, and that there are WORDS in the next chapter. I think that makes CJ the spoiler, not Emoe :devil:

ACK!!!!!!!!!!! Nooo!!!!!!! Not me!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

I also think that CJ is trying to give us a good Eric this time by naming one of the band members that.

AHHA! TalonRider agrees with me... If we have something to READ that implies words, and hence words in the chapter! :devil:

Thanks Graeme & Jan for not letting CJ get me in trouble
Or #5. Somebody bumps their head, raising a lump that goes down after a couple of hours. Later, they do it again in the same spot.

Hence, the lump returns. 0:)

That's very clever, CJ! What if Lump is the individual who bumps his head twice in the same spot? Think of the possibilities, particularly if Clump returns with the first lump already there:

Clump's Lump Returns

Clump Returns with a Lump

Lump Upon Lump on Clump Who's Returning

Clump is Dumped with a Returning Lump from a Sub-Pump

The combianations and permutations are endless!! I can't wait for this chapter. :D

Conner

The amount of silliness in the thread tells me chapter 7 should be posted soon.

You say silliness like it's a bad thing?? :blink:

I feel honoured, actually, that you imply that my post was the height of silliness. :D

When in Rome.....

Is there a rule saying that if the silliness stops, it will make the new chapter come quicker? Quite a few hours without weird theories or preposterous predictions...

Lol, to use a 'silly' analogy...

That's like saying, because contraction stopped for a few hours the baby will come sooner...

No, the reality is, the silliness, like contractions, have to be a few minutes apart before the story can be born... so if we flood, we'll get a new chapter and a new thread!

Bob :wub:

Love ya Cj!

You say silliness like it's a bad thing?? :blink:

Not at all, this is when the thread gets even more interesting (not that the serious comments that take place for 1 to 3 days after the posting are uninteresting), but these last days before posting when the wildest ideas flow along the uttermost nonsense are really great. You just expect John Cleese dressed as a police constable to appear and say: "Stop! This is getting silly!"

As for CJ giving birth with every chapter? He's quite a breeder, isn't he?

• Site Administrator
Is there a rule saying that if the silliness stops, it will make the new chapter come quicker? Quite a few hours without weird theories or preposterous predictions...

My excuse is that I've been travelling and haven't been able to get online....

I don't think having the silliness stop is having any effect. I'm still formulating a strategy on how to get the next chapter posted quicker, but since it involves time travel, there a few, small, technical difficulties I have to overcome first....

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..