C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play Ch8: Going Public

Bob D.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator
Are they states in Australia too? I did a quick Google but didn't come up with the term for their divisions.

Yes, we have six states and several territories:

States: Queensland, New South Wales (NSW), Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia, Western Australia

Mainland Territories: Australian Capital Territory (ACT), Northern Territory

Both the ACT and Northern Territory have had attempts to becomes states, but failed. I'm not sure of the legal situation or complexities, but I remember the Northern Territory having a recent referendum on the subject and the attempt failed. While these two territories are really states for most practical purposes, they don't have all the legal rights of the states. It only happens rarely, but the federal government has the power to overrule territory legislation. The two times I can recall are when the Northern Territory passed voluntary euthanasia laws, and when the ACT passed same-sex civil union legislation.

We also have some non-mainland territories, but I can't remember them. The main one I know about is the Australian Antarctic Territory -- the biggest in Antarctica.

Unites States of Australia? :wacko: :D

Ok, the silliness had started and CJ can now officially release the next chapter! :D:P

Ieshwar

What? And deprive us of our weekend fun? :P

Whoops...the secret is out. Here's the Aussiebum swimsuits that Helen has selected for Brandon's shoot at the pool. Let's see how he fills it out. http://www.aussiebum.com/. :P

Jack B)

Ah yes, some fine eye-candy there. :)

Yes, we have six states and several territories:

States: Queensland, New South Wales (NSW), Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia, Western Australia

Mainland Territories: Australian Capital Territory (ACT), Northern Territory

Both the ACT and Northern Territory have had attempts to becomes states, but failed. I'm not sure of the legal situation or complexities, but I remember the Northern Territory having a recent referendum on the subject and the attempt failed. While these two territories are really states for most practical purposes, they don't have all the legal rights of the states. It only happens rarely, but the federal government has the power to overrule territory legislation. The two times I can recall are when the Northern Territory passed voluntary euthanasia laws, and when the ACT passed same-sex civil union legislation.

We also have some non-mainland territories, but I can't remember them. The main one I know about is the Australian Antarctic Territory -- the biggest in Antarctica.

Hrmmmm, the ACT is roughly analogous to America's District of Columbia. (DC). However, The ACT is not limited to Canberra and its environs, but also includes Jervis Bay on the coast.

I suspect a conspiracy.

Wikipedia answer's everything: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/States_and_te...es_of_Australia

I couldn't let all these Australian lurker comments go by without posting. /wave from Adelaide :)

Oh, love the story CJ, only issue with it is waiting for the new chapter every week! Keep up the good work.

Welcome Shadowfire... I hope you're not spawn of the Evil King of Hangovers...er... Cliffhangers, the infamous and most devious, Shadowgod... :P

Enjoy the tales and tail chasing around here.

Bob D. :wub:

Welcome Shadowfire... I hope you're not spawn of the Evil King of Hangovers...er... Cliffhangers, the infamous and most devious, Shadowgod... :P

B) ...you forgot despicable!!

• Site Administrator
Wikipedia answer's everything: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/States_and_te...es_of_Australia

I couldn't let all these Australian lurker comments go by without posting. /wave from Adelaide :)

Oh, love the story CJ, only issue with it is waiting for the new chapter every week! Keep up the good work.

G'day, shadowfire. Greetings from Melbourne!

I agree with the waiting for the new chapters. If he didn't spend so much time blaming everything on Shadowgod, I'm sure he could increase his posting rate. :P

B) ...you forgot despicable!!

Shadowfire's an Australian -- enough said :PB)

I agree with the waiting for the new chapters. If he didn't spend so much time blaming everything on Shadowgod, I'm sure he could increase his posting rate. :P

Just to be clear, you are referring to CJ's story posting and not his forum posting, since we all know the self-proclaimed title of lurker has no basis in reality! 0:)

• Site Administrator
Just to be clear, you are referring to CJ's story posting and not his forum posting, since we all know the self-proclaimed title of lurker has no basis in reality! 0:)

Yes, I meant his story posting rate. He wastes too much time posting in the forums and not writing. :wacko:

• Site Administrator
Yes, I meant his story posting rate. He wastes too much time posting in the forums and not writing. :wacko:

Uh oh, I feel a "shy, innocent, lurker :ph34r: " comment coming our way.

Steve :P

P.S. Welcome Shadowfire :D

/wave to shadowfire from melby too

the takeover looks like its going welll, another new recruit :)

muchly agreed, if CJ put all the forum posting effort into story writing we'd be getting at least another chapter each week :D someone double the tar and feathering until he does? :P

Welcome to the GA forums, Shadowfire!!!

And thank you! I'll keep the chapters coming. :)

Yes, see Graeme? I'm not the only one to acknowledge Shadowgod as the king: King of Eeeeevil Cliffhangers :king:

EMOE!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

How could you say such a thing? My own editor, tarnishing my precious reputation as a quiet and shy forum lurker... :ph34r:

I'm shocked, shocked I tell ya! :ph34r:

But, but, but, being a lurker, doesn't it follow that I spend almost no time posting in the forums? :sheep:

Uh oh, I feel a "shy, innocent, lurker :ph34r: " comment coming our way.

Steve :P

P.S. Welcome Shadowfire :D

But I *AM* a shy, quiet, innocent lurker... :ph34r:

/wave to shadowfire from melby too

the takeover looks like its going welll, another new recruit :)

muchly agreed, if CJ put all the forum posting effort into story writing we'd be getting at least another chapter each week :D someone double the tar and feathering until he does? :P

Ack! An Australian plot, and now more tar&feather plans, including from Aussie postaholics such as yourself? Yipes, it's not easy being a goat who writes! I think I need armor... :2hands:

Ack! An Australian plot, and now more tar&feather plans, including from Aussie postaholics such as yourself? Yipes, it's not easy being a goat who writes! I think I need armor... :2hands:

B) ..........Egads CJ, you've seem to irked the Aussies into uniting against lurking goats!!

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..