Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let The Music Play, Ch 9: Antici..... pation

Okay, I'm back. :)

The Muse finally gave me a break, halfway through Chapter 14. Whew!

I can't answer any questions about future events (the Echidna will make a pincushion out of me if I give any spoilers) but I see some great guesses! :2thumbs:

The title, now that I can discuss! :) Antici....pation. is sort of based on a song in the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I can't claim any credit for it; this one was Shadowgod's idea, and I loved it! (see? He does more than just add cliffhangers to my stories! 0:) )

And Yes, Graeme, I must agree; Dimitri is a nicy guy at heart. He's just... misunderstood. 0:)

Now, I have a bit of bad news on the writing front. Prior to my writing blitz, I was having some delays due to trying to work out the detials on some plot issues. Long story short, Ch 10 went in quite late to begin the teams' work on it, and it arrived at a time when Shadowgod is swamped with his work and school (see his post in his forum about this). It's not ready yet, and I don't think it will be by Tuesday. Sorry. (I'm serious here, this isn't like my attempt last week to imply that I'd delay a chapter; this delay is real, and becuase I was running behind.)

The good news is, my writing blitz has given us a cushion of chapters, so delays are less likely from now on. :)

Now, speaking of Echidnas....

There is one thing that we could do to help and encourage poor Shadowgod, though; it seems that the Echidna, fresh from loosing his eeevill attempt to take Shadowgod's title :king: King of Eeeevil Cliffhangers :king: for himself, has launched yet another assault on Shadowgod, via another poll in poor Shadowgod's forum! :o So I urge you all, help defend our Anonymous Beta Reader,

and go to this poll and vote for him in all three choices.

If you can't find it in your heart to vote for Shadowgod, then go ahead and vote for Graeme. Just don't vote for me, becuase I can't be a party to this eeevil attempt by the Echidna to deprive poor Shadowgod of his hard-won reputation. :,(:,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,(

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator
... go to this poll and vote for him in all three choices.

If you can't find it in your heart to vote for Shadowgod, then go ahead and vote for Graeme.

You want people to vote for Shadowgod as using the most AND least number of cliffhangers? :blink:

I'm sure you'll be pleased that when I last checked, I was winning one of the polls... the last one, to be precise. C James was the clear leader on the other two....

You want people to vote for Shadowgod as using the most AND least number of cliffhangers? :blink:

I'm sure you'll be pleased that when I last checked, I was winning one of the polls... the last one, to be precise. C James was the clear leader on the other two....

Oops! Sorry, I'm kind of over-tired right now, and your's quite right;

Vote for Shadowgod or Graeme in the first two questions! Vote for me or undecided in the thrd!

And I still suspect an antipodean conspiracy!

:P

Ayers Rock has been mentioned... So has how the two story lines interconnect...

Okay, I hope the Echidna will forgive me, but here is one very possible plot outcome;

The Scar's real goal is theft. He's after Ayer's rock. Now, that rock is well over a mile wide, and is even larger below ground than above, so he's got quite a job on his hands. That's why he needs to nukes; to get the thing moving.

How do the storylines connect? Instinct is playing is playing to an enormous crowd in Alice Springs when the see Ayer's Rock lifting off in a glare of harsh light, over a hundred miles to the west.

0:)

• Site Administrator

My personal thoughts on how the plots interact is that The Scar is really an environmentalist, and he is concerned that much of Australia is in the middle of a drought. His plan is to use the nukes to dig a channel from the ocean into the middle of Australia to form the fabled inland sea that early explorers expected to find. This would change the weather patterns and alleviate the serious drought that is affecting the poor Aussies. 0:)

The Scar contacts Helen and arranges for Instinct to hold a charity concert to help finance the endeavour, though he neglects to mention the part about the nukes. Instinct are a huge success in Australia and, after the inland sea funded by their endeavours is created, are given honorary citizenship and decide to move there permanently. Brandon and Chase settle down in Melbourne, and find that one of their new neighbours is a gay dad and end up being babysitters for his two boys....

My personal thoughts on how the plots interact is that The Scar is really an environmentalist, and he is concerned that much of Australia is in the middle of a drought. His plan is to use the nukes to dig a channel from the ocean into the middle of Australia to form the fabled inland sea that early explorers expected to find. This would change the weather patterns and alleviate the serious drought that is affecting the poor Aussies. 0:)

The Scar contacts Helen and arranges for Instinct to hold a charity concert to help finance the endeavour, though he neglects to mention the part about the nukes. Instinct are a huge success in Australia and, after the inland sea funded by their endeavours is created, are given honorary citizenship and decide to move there permanently. Brandon and Chase settle down in Melbourne, and find that one of their new neighbours is a gay dad and end up being babysitters for his two boys....

Hrmmmm, well, close... But I was thinking more along the lines of Dimitri and The Scar for your new neighbors. :) You'd have a blast with those guys!

The silliness is getting started a little early, isn't it?

Well, I could bring up something from the comments that I forgot to answer: :)

The issue of Jon's "Gays are promiscuous" remark was raised. That's a good catch, and all I can say is we haven't heard the last of it.

0:)

• Site Administrator

Actually this might be on the right track. Since the Scar is obviously an environmentalist, he must be extremely concerned about the rising sea levels do to global warming. In an effort to make an inland sea, it just might lower the overall ocean level by a fraction, thus protecting the million of Aussies living on the coastline.

I say 3 cheers for The Scar....Hip Hip Hooray Hip Hip Hooray Hip Hip Hooray

Also, this is good news for global warming, bad news for Shadowgod, since he is to blame for it B) .

Steve

• Site Moderator
Actually, I'm convinced they don't connect. It's just CJ's sneaky way of telling two different stories while keeping his post count down and his lurker status in tact. :2thumbs:

That would be sneaky, giving us two stories at the same time. And even sneakier if the main one wasn't about the band.

:(

Actually this might be on the right track. Since the Scar is obviously an environmentalist, he must be extremely concerned about the rising sea levels do to global warming. In an effort to make an inland sea, it just might lower the overall ocean level by a fraction, thus protecting the million of Aussies living on the coastline.

I say 3 cheers for The Scar....Hip Hip Hooray Hip Hip Hooray Hip Hip Hooray

Also, this is good news for global warming, bad news for Shadowgod, since he is to blame for it B) .

Steve

See? The Scar and Dimitri are good guys... Their methods might be a tad controversial, but they're just nice guys, off doing their thing... They haven't even done anything bad... (Well, unless you count that one airliner full of innocent people Dimitri brought down, but hey, nobody's perfect...) 0:)

Actually, I'm convinced they don't connect. It's just CJ's sneaky way of telling two different stories while keeping his post count down and his lurker status in tact. :2thumbs:
That would be sneaky, giving us two stories at the same time. And even sneakier if the main one wasn't about the band.

:(

:lol:

Well, sorry to dissapoint, but they do connect. :) Of course, I'm not saying it will be soon: it might be in the last sentence of the last paragraph, at a big concert which turns out to be a real blast... :nuke: and they band ends up going on permanent tour, carried by the prevailing winds along with the rest of the fallout...

I've always believed in ending a story with a bang. 0:)

• Site Administrator
Well, sorry to dissapoint, but they do connect. :) Of course, I'm not saying it will be soon: it might be in the last sentence of the last paragraph, at a big concert which turns out to be a real blast... :nuke: and they band ends up going on permanent tour, carried by the prevailing winds along with the rest of the fallout...

I've always believed in ending a story with a bang. 0:)

As long as that concert isn't in Melbourne, I'm happy :) It certainly would wind things up, with no loose ends. I have to admit that I've considered that as an ending for stories several times -- a random, nuclear explosion to end the story. Simple. Direct. With a 'clean' (ignoring radioactivity) ending. 0:)

As long as that concert isn't in Melbourne, I'm happy :) It certainly would wind things up, with no loose ends. I have to admit that I've considered that as an ending for stories several times -- a random, nuclear explosion to end the story. Simple. Direct. With a 'clean' (ignoring radioactivity) ending. 0:)

It's certainly one way to give the characters a bright and shining (well, glowing, at least) future, and it would diminish any calls for a sequel. :)

• Site Administrator
It's certainly one way to give the characters a bright and shining (well, glowing, at least) future, and it would diminish any calls for a sequel. :)

Oh, I can kill any assumption of not having us call for a sequel quite quickly.....

"Mad (Max) Instinct Under the Thunderdome"

Get those hooves typing, it's been done before :P .

or maybe.....

"Instinct(water)world"

oh, oh, oh

"Termin(ator)instinct"

feel free to use any of the above titles. I know there will be life in the post nuclear world, as I've seen all these movies, and they are true :D .

Steve

• Site Administrator
The Silver surfer and Cyclops!

I can see why for Cyclops. Cyclops and CJ share the same special vision, though I'm guessing CJ has more control over his since he's been photographed without his glasses. I don't know enough about the Silver Surfer to comment on that one.

Now, Graeme, you must know how much the goat likes surfing. Let's see his stories which had surf- 'No Shirt? No Problem?', 'For The Love', 'Category 5'. That's 3 out of 4 completed stories.

How much do you bet that there'll be surfing in LTMP too? :P

Ieshwar

Now, Graeme, you must know how much the goat likes surfing. Let's see his stories which had surf- 'No Shirt? No Problem?', 'For The Love', 'Category 5'. That's 3 out of 4 completed stories.

How much do you bet that there'll be surfing in LTMP too? :P

Ieshwar

:D Obvious in hindsight....

Don't feel bad Graeme, I didn't get it either; it never occured to me that I put surfing into that many, but Ishewar is right!!!

BTW, I can at least release the title of Ch 10: Tequila. :)

Ishewar is right!!!

(Conveniently ignoring my wongly written beautiful name)

CJ, you just admitted that there'll be surf in LTMP!! Spoiler! Spoiler! Graeme, turn him into pincushion.

OMG! Tequila!

Predictions!

I say that both guys are going to get drunk and end up having awesome sex! :D Ok, I'm being too dreamy. CJ is too evil to let this occur.

So considering the past titles, I would say that The Scar will have a Tequila!

Ieshwar

CJ, you just admitted that there'll be surf in LTMP!! Spoiler! Spoiler! Graeme, turn him into pincushion.

OMG! Tequila!

Predictions!

I say that both guys are going to get drunk and end up having awesome sex! :D Ok, I'm being too dreamy. CJ is too evil to let this occur.

Ieshwar

B) ............"Dreamy"... considering how long it took for that KISS?? With the evil goat lurking we may be lucky to see these guys have sex in the epilogue!!

Edited by Benji

Bah, Ieshwar, you need practice thinking like a goat...

Tequila has worms... good Tequila that is...

Goats have worms too!

So... the next chapter has Tequila in it and the boys should be getting their RS pics done with the interview... My guess is that they go out to celebrate afterwards and drink tequila until they're drunk as a skunk... then when they pass out... Jon will conspire with Eric to drop the two in hte bathtub naked and lock them in until they release their hormones... :D

Just my thoughts...

Bob D. :wub:

PS. Benji... you mean the epilogue... the prologue would be before the story starts... :P

Goats have worms too!

So... the next chapter has Tequila in it and the boys should be getting their RS pics done with the interview... My guess is that they go out to celebrate afterwards and drink tequila until they're drunk as a skunk... then when they pass out... Jon will conspire with Eric to drop the two in hte bathtub naked and lock them in until they release their hormones... :D

Just my thoughts...

PS. Benji... you mean the epilogue... the prologue would be before the story starts... :P

B) .............yre rihtg !! toooo mannny tequilllass............

Oh, I can kill any assumption of not having us call for a sequel quite quickly.....

"Mad (Max) Instinct Under the Thunderdome"

Get those hooves typing, it's been done before :P .

or maybe.....

"Instinct(water)world"

oh, oh, oh

"Termin(ator)instinct"

feel free to use any of the above titles. I know there will be life in the post nuclear world, as I've seen all these movies, and they are true :D .

Steve

ROFL! Well, yes, I suppose a sequel is possible. :)

OMG! Tequila!

Predictions!

Ieshwar

ACK!!! No pincushion!!! Noooo!!! I only meant the past stories! There may, or may not, be surfing in LTMP! Spare me, Echidna!!!

B) ............"Dreamy"... considering how long it took for that KISS?? With the evil goat lurking we may be lucky to see these guys have sex in the prologue!!

I think you mean Epilogue... :)

Well now, for your amusement, I'll mention that I received some rather harsh criticism via anonymous e-mail a couple of weeks ago... Someone was very vociferous in their complaint that I had TOO MUCH graphic sex in LTMP. Bear in mind that this was before the possible kiss in Ch 9 had been posted. :wacko:

Goats have worms too!

Just my thoughts...

Humph, I do not have worms. :P

BTW, this isn't the first mention of tequila in LTMP. That may, or may not, be related to the title. 0:)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..