[Viv] FBTE Chapter 26... THE END!

Hi Guys,

I know, it must seem like your eyes are deceiving you, since it's been SO long since there was an update to this story. For that I apologize, between working on other stories, and being afraid to say 'The End' I'm pretty sure I was stalling. I hope it was worth the wait, and that you like the last chapter of my very first story. This chapter is about twice the normal length, so sit back and enjoy THE END! :2thumbs:

I want to take the chance, while I have it, to say thank you to all of you have have read and commented, emailed, or PM'd me about it. I've read every word, and laughed and cried right along with you, so thank you. And to those of you, and you know who you are, who have helped me, and been eagerly waiting to see every chapter, right up until the end, I just want to say that I appreciate it more than you'll ever know. :wub::hug:

Let me know what you think, okay?

Hugs, Vivian

Ohh Viv, you made me cry! But in a good, happy way of course! :D

It was an awesome story and I thank you so much for sharing it with us. It really gives me inspiration and perspective for what I want out of life and I just can't imagine anything more...perfect!

:hug: thank you again!

-Kevin

• Site Administrator

Viv,

Loved the final chapter.

It was great to follow Stephen as he grew up and learned how to accept himself.

It seemed that he learned one last important lesson when Jess gave him a new journal/diary. He realized that he could move on with his life and continue to share that life with his mother. It was a very touching moment, and made my eyes misty.

Finally, kudos to the way that you finished the story. It wrapped up the loose ends for the immediate future, but will let us readers decide what will happen in the future. Knowing that Stephen will play ball next year, have Jess by his side throughout the coming year, continue sharing his feelings with his mom, and having his friends and family all supporting him was icing on the cake. As far as Tim goes, he also came to the realization that no matter how hard you try, some peoples opinions will not change.

Thank you once again. :hug:

Steve

Viv,

Loved the final chapter.

It seemed that he learned one last important lesson when Jess gave him a new journal/diary. He realized that he could move on with his life and continue to share that life with his mother. It was a very touching moment, and made my eyes misty.

Finally, kudos to the way that you finished the story. It wrapped up the loose ends for the immediate future, but will let us readers decide what will happen in the future. Knowing that Stephen will play ball next year, have Jess by his side throughout the coming year, continue sharing his feelings with his mom, and having his friends and family all supporting him was icing on the cake. As far as Tim goes, he also came to the realization that no matter how hard you try, some peoples opinions will not change.

Steve

Wildone has said it better than I could, so I'll just add;

Wonderfully done, and you ended it very well indeed. Endings are always tricky, but ending it with the letter just fit. :2thumbs:

No words to describe how I feel for the story, Viv :wub: You have ended the story so beautifully... a true masterpiece :)

I will miss Stephen and Jesse but when I do, I'm just gonna re-read the story all over again :D

Hugs! :hug:

Viv,

Loved the final chapter.

Steve

I agree with CJ, Steve said it best.

Well done, I'm very proud of you that managed to bring yourself to close this chapter and being anew.

Great job Vivian, you did a wonderful job.

The letter to his mom was a great way to end the story Viv.

We could all use someone like Jesse in our lives. His patience and understanding with Stephen while he was struggling with accepting his sexuality.......what a great guy!

Your stories are the best Viv

• 5 months later...

Just stopped by to say I think your writing is amazing. I loved this story. Lissa :)

I loved it too. I just finished. I really liked the ending of it. It was nicely done. :) Is there any chance of a sequel?

Thanks Lissa! :D I got your email and was like... wow! Coolness :D I always like hearing from you guys, and especially when it surprises me out of the blue.

And TL... Never say never... I guess, but as of right now, I think that probably won't happen. Thanks for reading!

Hugs, Viv

• 5 months later...

Hi Viv,

I don't know if you're like me and sometimes go back and revisit some of your favorite stories. I do that from time-to-time and FBTE is definitely among them. Sometimes I let my mind wonder and think aloud about what might have happened to the characters since the story ended. In this case, I can't help but wonder if Stephen caught any flack from the college scouts for coming out. Did his being gay in any way hamper his getting a baseball scholarship? How did the college team he joined react to having an out gay player? I'd like to think they were cool with it, but jocks can be such homophobes, as we witnessed in Tim. Was Jesse able to get into the same school as Stephen? Did he choose to? Did they have a commitment ceremony, or maybe even a legal wedding? I'm a "Happily ever after" kinda guy, and mostly an optimist. :D

A.

• 2 years later...

Viv,

Thanks for a great story. The ending was just perfect and I can say that I have enjoyed every single second reading this series - and worth the sleepless nights I spent reading instead of sleeping on my bed reading on my phone. Thank you thank you thank you thank you!

I saw that the likelihood of a sequel is unlikely, but I would enjoy some sort of spin-off if that's possible within the realm of characters in FBTE. I think it's doable and could provide an even deeper back-story for FBTE and give a bit more insight. Please keep writing, this has been a wonderful few days and I wish I can read more of your work in the future!

~Jay

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I loved the story! I don't mind it ending, it had the perfect ending!

I just want you to write something more! Something as touching as all your stories. You have a gift :)

Please write!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Viv:

This was such a wonderful story. I remember e-mailing you after each chapter to tell you so back after each chapter was released on Nifty because I was so enjoying reading about Stephen and Jesse. One of the things I loved the most was how you were able to bring out the emotion that they both were feeling all throughout the story. I've read plenty of stories online, but even now, years later, I'd still consider this one of my favorites.

I noticed you have several other stories posted here...I've only read this one and "Days of Silence" (mostly because I tend to prefer chapter-based stories in general :P), but if the others are anything like those two, I'm probably being a fool for not reading them sooner! :P

Much love :wub: ... Mike

• 4 months later...

Hi Viv,

Just finished your story and thouroughly enjoyed it. I love this meaningful, tender, real and rich subject matter. It really touches ones heart. Your story reminds us all the hatefulness, shallowness and waste of time spent on things that should just be accepted! I loved the allegory used when Stephen taught Lily how to better throw a baseball with her left arm. Let's hope with time all people will understand and accept ones innate programming for what it is.

Thanks Viv

Posted Image