• Yes. I'm a member of The Herd! CJ is always right
    • No
    • Huh? What's a lurker?
    • I'm too tired to think. Don't know.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I shan't reveal how I voted although it may have been influenced by recent events (such as being called a postwhore in the other thread after I stuck up for my fellow Lurker!) 0:)

Awww, Kevin, I know you can't mean me; I've NEVER called anyone a postwhore... Postaholic, yes, but never a postwhore!

:)

I guess the 5 members that voted yes have drunk CJ's Koolaid! :nuke:
Emoe!!! Surely you don't still doubt me, do ya buddy? :ph34r:
Doubt you? No, I don't doubt that you have a fine skill at crafting tales to enlighten and amuse...
  • Site Administrator
Emoe!!! Surely you don't still doubt me, do ya buddy? :ph34r:Doubt you? No, I don't doubt that you have a fine skill at crafting tales to enlighten and amuse...

I agree -- he's very talented about writing fiction. :P

I must say that a little research made me reconsider my vote. Thanks to the nifty feature pointed by Wildone, if I'm correct, I did a random search in CJames' own forum to find out whether he was a big poster. Here are my findings.

I'm a Caprican

Poster ** Posts

Ieshwar ** 2

EMoe57 ** 2

Graeme ** 2

Great Goat Meat Meals!

Poster Posts

Bob D. **10

Ieshwar ** 4

Conner ** 3

Interesting

Poster ** Posts

Ieshwar ** 2

Bob D. ** 1

Trebs ** 1

I'm a Caprican

Poster ** Posts

Ieshwar ** 2

EMoe57 ** 2

Graeme ** 2

Runoff poll for a name!

Poster ** Posts

Benji ** 20

The BeaStKid ** 19

TalonRider ** 19

CJames doesn't appear to be in the first three posters of each of these threads, picked up to chance along his forum. So, is the Goat being maligned and falsely accused? Facts don't lie, and they appear to disprove the smearing campaign that even I took part in. Note that Ieshwar's name appears quite a bit, by the way.

Emoe!!! Surely you don't still doubt me, do ya buddy? :ph34r:Doubt you? No, I don't doubt that you have a fine skill at crafting tales to enlighten and amuse...

But Emoe, when we first met, can you possibly deny that I was a a lurker?

I agree -- he's very talented about writing fiction. :P
Seconded, wholeheartedly! He is one helluva writer!! :worship:

:*)

I'm still learning, and have a long ways to go... :)

I must say that a little research made me reconsider my vote. Thanks to the nifty feature pointed by Wildone, if I'm correct, I did a random search in CJames' own forum to find out whether he was a big poster. Here are my findings.

I'm a Caprican

Poster ** Posts

Ieshwar ** 2

EMoe57 ** 2

Graeme ** 2

Great Goat Meat Meals!

Poster Posts

Bob D. **10

Ieshwar ** 4

Conner ** 3

Interesting

Poster ** Posts

Ieshwar ** 2

Bob D. ** 1

Trebs ** 1

I'm a Caprican

Poster ** Posts

Ieshwar ** 2

EMoe57 ** 2

Graeme ** 2

Runoff poll for a name!

Poster ** Posts

Benji ** 20

The BeaStKid ** 19

TalonRider ** 19

CJames doesn't appear to be in the first three posters of each of these threads, picked up to chance along his forum. So, is the Goat being maligned and falsely accused? Facts don't lie, and they appear to disprove the smearing campaign that even I took part in. Note that Ieshwar's name apperas quite a bit, by the way.

Thank you Bondwriter!!!! :worship::worship:

Yay! My true lurkish nature, recognized at last! :ph34r:

:great::ph34r::sheep::wub::2thumbs::music:

CJames doesn't appear to be in the first three posters of each of these threads, picked up to chance along his forum. So, is the Goat being maligned and falsely accused? Facts don't lie, and they appear to disprove the smearing campaign that even I took part in. Note that Ieshwar's name appears quite a bit, by the way.

Why didn't you pick any of the story threads? :blink: He is the #1 poster in the last several chapter threads that I checked... :lol:

Why didn't you pick any of the story threads? :blink: He is the #1 poster in the last several chapter threads that I checked... :lol:

Is that true? At the same time, in the story threads, it's not unusual for an author to reply, is it? So, you're basically telling me Ieshwar is not the number one poster on this forum? :o

Is that true? At the same time, in the story threads, it's not unusual for an author to reply, is it? So, you're basically telling me Ieshwar is not the number one poster on this forum? :o

Yay Bondwriter!!! :worship::2thumbs::worship::2thumbs::worship:

I'm so glad that someone believes me!!!

And Bondwriter is quite right; the chapter threads are part of my author's duties. :)

So Ieshwar, I hereby declare you our official resident postaholic! :worship:

Excuse, Goats and their friends!

First of all, Francois, you listed 'I'm a Caprican' twice! And I never post! I'm made to post. Just like now!

Should CJ adjust his forum

Graeme-3

C James-3

Bob D.- 2

Room for one more-

C James-6

Kevin-4

Graeme-4

Is CJ a lurker?

C James-13

Wildone-4

Graeme-3

Congratulations EMoe

CJames-2

Talonrider-1

Frenchcanadian-1

To ensure a chapter of LTMP...

C James-9

Graeme-8

Wildone-4

Okay, which one of you did this

C James-4

Benji-3

Krista-2

Naming the club

Graeme 11

Bondwriter 9

Bob D. 8

C James 8

There're lots more but I'll stop here! Have you noticed that CJ appearred in all of them? And it's no story discussion

Ieshwar, who's being blamed! :(

It seems my random search that made me (somehow) claim CJames is NOT a lurker was just bad luck, or good luck for him. Ieshwar's figures opened my eyes. And we had disregarded the story :blink:threads, but well...

For The Love

Poster Posts

C James ** 408 (not even a third of the total of 1,554), he slacked off a bit...

Bondwriter ** 191

Graeme ** 188

No Shirt? No Problem!

Poster Posts

C James ** 24

Jack Frost **5

Krista ** 4

(This is his first story, so he was honing his skills as a serial poster, I guess, or felt quite excited about the whole thing, so we may forgive him answering almost each and every post, the total being 56)

Let The Music Play, Ch 9: Antici..... pation

Poster Posts

C James ** 17 (out of 91, low score for the goat!)

Benji ** 14

Graeme ** 13

So it seems targeting Ieshwar was wrong, but only a result of bad luck. Sorry, my Mauritian friend, and thanks for giving more interesting data to analyze.

Excuse Me!! CJ's forum notwithstanding, just look at the overall count! The last I searched for the Overall Top 20 Posters, The first name is that of CJ....Not even Myr is close to him!

The BeaStKid

But BK, that's just a statistical glitch! An unexplained anomaly with the post counter!

And of course I come before Myr on the top posters list... C comes before M, so I'm ahead of him there, due to alphabetical order. :whistle:

Excuse, Goats and their friends!

First of all, Francois, you listed 'I'm a Caprican' twice! And I never post! I'm made to post. Just like now!

Should CJ adjust his forum

Graeme-3

C James-3

Bob D.- 2

Room for one more-

C James-6

Kevin-4

Graeme-4

Is CJ a lurker?

C James-13

Wildone-4

Graeme-3

Congratulations EMoe

CJames-2

Talonrider-1

Frenchcanadian-1

To ensure a chapter of LTMP...

C James-9

Graeme-8

Wildone-4

Okay, which one of you did this

C James-4

Benji-3

Krista-2

Naming the club

Graeme 11

Bondwriter 9

Bob D. 8

C James 8

There're lots more but I'll stop here! Have you noticed that CJ appearred in all of them? And it's no story discussion

Ieshwar, who's being blamed! :(

But Ieshwar... It's just a statistical hiccup!

It seems my random search that made me (somehow) claim CJames is NOT a lurker was just bad luck, or good luck for him. Ieshwar's figures opened my eyes. And we had disregarded the story :blink:threads, but well...

For The Love

Poster Posts

C James ** 408 (not even a third of the total of 1,554), he slacked off a bit...

Bondwriter ** 191

Graeme ** 188

No Shirt? No Problem!

Poster Posts

C James ** 24

Jack Frost **5

Krista ** 4

(This is his first story, so he was honing his skills as a serial poster, I guess, or felt quite excited about the whole thing, so we may forgive him answering almost each and every post, the total being 56)

Let The Music Play, Ch 9: Antici..... pation

Poster Posts

C James ** 17 (out of 91, low score for the goat!)

Benji ** 14

Graeme ** 13

So it seems targeting Ieshwar was wrong, but only a result of bad luck. Sorry, my Mauritian friend, and thanks for giving more interesting data to analyze.

Well, yes, NSNP was my very first story, and I was indeed very excited, as well as EXTREEMLY nervous. It was in the summer anthology last year, and, well, let's just say that nervous is an inderstatment. I was so releived to be getting comments that didn't say "it sucked" that of course I replied...

Now, as for the story threads, I really don't think y'all can count those.. Remember, it's part of my duties as an author to participate, and also as an author I need to acknowledge and thank all the thread participants. So of course the story threads should be disregarded for this...

Please, Bondwriter, return to the light, remember the dark and horrible secret Mauritius hides... It's actually south of the equator!

That's right, Ieshwar is an ANTIPODEAN! Don't let the antipodean conspiracy pull you under!

We got sun all round the year here and it's definitely not dark, unlike your goatpen! CJ, you must thank me I managed to prove your post-whorism!

It's ok, Bondwriter! CJ is very manipulative!

Hey, Tuesday 2d! Cool, new chap of LTMP!

Ieshwar

Actually, he pays well and I'm venal. But in the supreme interest of Justice and Truth, I had to go back and take another look. We outpost him in this thread, but for how long? We're in danger, a PW is on the lurk.

• Site Administrator
Actually, he pays well and I'm venal. But in the supreme interest of Justice and Truth, I had to go back and take another look. We outpost him in this thread, but for how long? We're in danger, a PW is on the lurk.

This statement actually brings a great question up. Maybe we have overlooked the obvious.

In order to be a post whore, wouldn't one have to be a lurker :ph34r: in the forums in order to know when to post?

So in reality, CJ could be a lurking post whore!!! :lol:

We got sun all round the year here and it's definitely not dark, unlike your goatpen! CJ, you must thank me I managed to prove your post-whorism!

Hey, Tuesday 2d! Cool, new chap of LTMP!

Ieshwar

It's dark becuase it's part of the Eeevil Antipodean Plot!

I'm a lurker, I tell ya, I lurker! Why won't you believe me??

And sorry, but it's still Monday here. For another two hours anyway. But yes, if Joe is able, there will be a Ch 12 on Tuesday, thanks (as always) to our wonderful team.

But Bondwriter! You can;'t count the story threads.. thos are pat of my author's duties!

Please go have another look... And maybe a 10% raise will help clear your mind of these horrible manipulations that certain antipodeans (and Canadians, amongst others... :P ) are using?

This statement actually brings a great question up. Maybe we have overlooked the obvious.

In order to be a post whore, wouldn't one have to be a lurker :ph34r: in the forums in order to know when to post?

So in reality, CJ could be a lurking post whore!!! :lol:

Of course I lurk, that's what lurkers do... It's the posting that I almost never do... :ph34r:

• Site Administrator

I think all of the statistics above just reinforce what I've said before -- I've been trying hard to post as many times as CJ but he's too fast for me.... :P

I think the statement has been made before that labels are for clothes. I think they are useful to help describe something, but there is no need to get too anal about them. If CJ wants to call himself a lurker, I don't mind. That doesn't mean I agree, though -- just that I'm not arguing with him.

Ummm...CJ...Myr's posts stand at 3,620 while yors are at 4,728. I think a glich of over 1,000 posts is NOT possible!!! :P:P:P

Well, statistics are tricky things, and can often be misleading... So perhaps we should say this is a statistical anomaly, or should we say that my post counter is broken? :ph34r::ph34r: :ph34r:

I think all of the statistics above just reinforce what I've said before -- I've been trying hard to post as many times as CJ but he's too fast for me.... :P

I think the statement has been made before that labels are for clothes. I think they are useful to help describe something, but there is no need to get too anal about them. If CJ wants to call himself a lurker, I don't mind. That doesn't mean I agree, though -- just that I'm not arguing with him.

But Graeme, you post a lot (Might I remind you that you hold the record for fastest to 1000 posts) :P

I'm troubled by the fact that you don't agree that I'm a lurker... I've never questioned the fact that you are Australian, after all. 0:)

Silence = Acceptance

I'm troubled by the fact that you don't agree that I'm a lurker... I've never questioned the fact that you are Australian, after all. 0:)

Oh CJ... where you are born and what you claim to be - comparing apples and oranges again?

Also, if we went through the forum topics and merged all your back-to-back posts, your counter would drop by a third 0:)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..