Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play, Ch 12: Hitting the Fan

Hhhmmmm.... let's see... CJ can have Brandon go along with Jon's plan which will cause (Mt. St.) Helen to erupt in a further chapter when it blows up and\or have Chase catch them in the act and set back their relationship or Brandon can go to Helen and\or Chase and a solution can be found and the romance grows and we move further into the story and find out what the hell terrorists have to do with a rock band...

I guess I better keep my calendar open for when the band hits Montreal since all the big bands play Montreal, Toronto and then Vancouver.... Ottawa only gets 2nd tier talent.

Steve #2

We're all prone to mistakes. I recently posted something in Nicks forum where I used the wrong character name, not once, but several times. And of course, Nick had to be the one to point this out.

Hehe, I was going point that out myself but he beat me to it 0:)

Naturally I never make mistakes! :rolleyes:

**wonders if CJ recalls the recent embarrassing name mix up that I caused in one of the private forums**

-Kevin :boy:

I haven't posted here before, but I had to try it out so I could say how much I love this story.

I don't think Brandon should go to Chase though. Wouldn't it be better to go to Helen? She seems good at fixing things, and even though Brandon is getting to know Chase pretty well, he might not know how he would react to this bit of news.

However it goes I am sure CJ will make it fun.

I hope I used this thing right and don't end up posting in some other group or some thing :(

Hi, Pride puppy, welcome to the club, and apparently you managed quite well.

Brandon has nothing to fear from Chase if he tells him right away, it's Jon and Eric who'll be in trouble. Let Helen fix the mess, it's her job after all, and she'll have excuses to bully the boys a bit further.

No-one has even commented on Brandon's comment about playing in Australia yet. I chuckled over the link between the two story threads :lol:

Brandon's eyes opened wide, "Europe and Australia... whoa... we're going to play Australia? Oh man, that will be such a blast!"
Edited by shadowfire
QUOTE(Bondwriter @ October 10 2007, 12:00 PM) *

A zeta-reader is last? Not sixth? What then is an omega-reader? Or, are there only six readers? Enquiring minds want to know.

That's a good point!

I think Bondwriter came up with the term zeta-reader, so he'd have to answer that... Hrmmm, I'd say the omega-readers are those who see the finished product, as maybe Bondwriter should be the Psi-reader, as Psi is the next-to-last letter of the Greek Alphabet?

:)

I don't see this happening. Look at how she percieves gay people:

Takes one to know one :lol: and to post twice in this topic :2thumbs:

Charity does not seem to be the nicest of people. 0:)

And who, me? Would I ever post twice? 0:)

We're all prone to mistakes. I recently posted something in Nicks forum where I used the wrong character name, not once, but several times. And of course, Nick had to be the one to point this out.

I will admit that when I came across untied, I giggled.

Jan

LoL!

Well, I think I'll stick with the excuse that the Senator had just gotten away from Bondwriter, and hence he was an Untied Senator. 0:)

On an early chapter of FTL, I even managed to misspell my own name on the by-line... We had a chapter written by C Jams. :lmao:

Hhhmmmm.... let's see... CJ can have Brandon go along with Jon's plan which will cause (Mt. St.) Helen to erupt in a further chapter when it blows up and\or have Chase catch them in the act and set back their relationship or Brandon can go to Helen and\or Chase and a solution can be found and the romance grows and we move further into the story and find out what the hell terrorists have to do with a rock band...

I guess I better keep my calendar open for when the band hits Montreal since all the big bands play Montreal, Toronto and then Vancouver.... Ottawa only gets 2nd tier talent.

Steve #2

Mt. St. Helen... I love that!!! :2thumbs::2thumbs::lmao:

Hehe, I was going point that out myself but he beat me to it 0:)

Naturally I never make mistakes! :rolleyes:

**wonders if CJ recalls the recent embarrassing name mix up that I caused in one of the private forums**

LoL, well, don't forget me confusing to different authors when I sent you some stories for the anthology reviews. :*)

Thanks guys, I really appreciate this. I have a bit of a hangup about the dyslexia (even though its pretty mild) and when I goof, I feel

I shouldn't be. It honestly rarely occurs to me that I'm not the only person who makes typos and goofs. :lol:

Thanks!

I haven't posted here before, but I had to try it out so I could say how much I love this story.

I don't think Brandon should go to Chase though. Wouldn't it be better to go to Helen? She seems good at fixing things, and even though Brandon is getting to know Chase pretty well, he might not know how he would react to this bit of news.

However it goes I am sure CJ will make it fun.

I hope I used this thing right and don't end up posting in some other group or some thing :(

Welcome Pridepuppy!!!!!!!!! :2thumbs::2thumbs:

Thank you!!!

You did it just right. :)

Hi, Pride puppy, welcome to the club, and apparently you managed quite well.

Brandon has nothing to fear from Chase if he tells him right away, it's Jon and Eric who'll be in trouble. Let Helen fix the mess, it's her job after all, and she'll have excuses to bully the boys a bit further.

What? Poor, sweet Helen, bullying? :o0:)

No-one has even commented on Brandon's comment about playing in Australia yet. I chuckled over the link between the two story threads :lol:

Good catch Shadowfire!!!

Yep, I just had to put that play on words in there, especially the last one, blast. :lol:

But hey, having a blast is a good thing, right? 0:) :nuke:

Welcome to the madness, pridepuppy! :2thumbs:

OK, you can stop now :lol:

And who, me? Would I ever post twice? 0:)

Actually, I had no intention of posting twice, but found that my post was too large (too many emoticons or quotes, one or the other) so I had to split it... I often run into the quote number and emoticon restriction, as well as the flood control restrictor.

BTW, did anyone get the impression that Helen was acting slightly (very slightly) out of character for a manager, and a little more like... A Mom?

And did the bit about Brandon not phoning Helen come off ok? She did in my opinion put him in an untenable position; that of ratting on his bandmates.

Actually, I had no intention of posting twice, but found that my post was too large (too many emoticons or quotes, one or the other) so I had to split it... I often run into the quote number and emoticon restriction, as well as the flood control restrictor.

BTW, did anyone get the impression that Helen was acting slightly (very slightly) out of character for a manager, and a little more like... A Mom?

And did the bit about Brandon not phoning Helen come off ok? She did in my opinion put him in an untenable position; that of ratting on his bandmates.

B) ....Hum, Mom yes! or an overbearing evil older sister, with good intentions of course. BTW are Jon & Eric blonde too? I don't remember, but they are proving Brandon to be the more intelligent one aren't they? Yeah, I would have thought that Helen would have figured to have Gunther watch the boys. As much as she trust Brandon for his street smarts, he is still very new to all this.

Edited by Benji
B) ....Hum, Mom yes! or an overbearing evil older sister, with good intentions of course. BTW are Jon & Eric blonde too? I don't remember, but they are proving Brandon to be the more intelligent one aren't they? Yeah, I would have thought that Helen would have figured to have Gunther watch the boys. As much as she trust Brandon for his street smarts, he is still very new to all this.

The problem with Guntar is that he is an employee of the band, and he sure didn't call. :) He'd be ratting out his bosses. :funny:

Jerry would have been a better choice for Helen to rely on, as he wouldn't have the same conflict. He probably wouldn't have minded at all, once Eric went leaping from table to table on his fancy buffet. LoL

I think Jon learned a lesson; keep Eric away from Tequila. LoL The only problem is, Eric seems to prefer tequila. :devil:

I can't recall how (or if) I described Jon and Eric's hair.. I think i did becuase its in the character sheets, but I don't remember..

Brown for Eric, Black for Jon, BUT, as in all things, if the reader is imagining them a different way, that's great, and the reader may be right!

Many times, I've been reading a story and the Author goes into detail about the character's appearance, and lists something that I find unattractive. If they do it once, I can ignore it and keep my own image, but if I keep running into it, that spoils it for me. So, I try very hard to keep the small details to a minimum, and I very much feel that the image in the reader's mind is the right one, no matter what.

For example, I am not a fan of the author posting pictures of what they say the character looks like; all too often, that's not how I as a reader "saw" them, and though it's IMHO fine for the readers to do that, I think its inappropriate for me to. For example, I have a photo

of a guy I feel is a dead ringer for my image of Brandon, shirtless in wet jeans and sunglasses, leaning back against a table, and that was my inspiration for the description of the "cover" shot. But, were I to share that, it is a near certainty that at least some readers don't have the same mental image, so it would be bad for them to see it as coming from the author, becuase it's as if the author is saying "This is what he looks like, and your image is wrong".

hi hi,

i'm new to CJames' forum, but afyter reading his "let the music play" i just had to comment ^_^

great story, really. nice characters (though jon and eric are a bit of asses) and i gotta tell you: helen is my idol XD i ove it how she can grab the boys' balls and squeeze them when needed. up untill now she was doing that metaphorically, but oh boy, once she finds out what the older guys did she will have no objections against doing it for real.

brandon and chase are cute ^^ they tip toed aroun eachother a bit at first but they cut it to an acceptable span of time (around a week, i can dea with that). things between them are so great now, i realy don't want it to be spoied >.<

so please, please, tell me brandon will be wiser than that and won't go along with the plan. there's just no way it can turn out fine. even assuming that charity would stay silent and that helen se wouldn't find out... it'll be too much of a burden for brandon and he's such an honest guy >.< the weight of that one night would kill him inside. imagine him taking chase for the fist time a few days after he cheated on him? after all this "i want your first time to be perfect" talk?

plus that would be like giving charity more ammo. she not only can reveal to the press that chase and brandon are gay and together, she could add that "brandon slept with her, what a promiscious bastard he is".

plus if you want them (brandon and charity) to do that i'm sure as hell chase will find out one way or another, probably by walking in on them :(

and i don't believe anything you say. it was an obvious cliffhanger to me. an evil one to add!

*crossing her fingers and praying that brandon will choose to inform chase and helen about the guys' screw up*

um, i wasn't too rant-y :P

know that i like the way you write and that you have one more fan in me :*)

The problem with Guntar is that he is an employee of the band, and he sure didn't call. :) He'd be ratting out his bosses. :funny:

Jerry would have been a better choice for Helen to rely on, as he wouldn't have the same conflict. He probably wouldn't have minded at all, once Eric went leaping from table to table on his fancy buffet. LoL -- CJ

B) .....Technically speaking Guntar works for the band, (Wouldn't you say Helen is definitely all in this band except in performing), I doubt Guntar would try and stand up to her, but Jerry might have been a better choice for the night. However, wasn't he smooth talking the Senator?

Edited by Benji

there's sth fishy about jerry. i can't put my finger on it but i don't really trust him... but maybe it's just me :P

anyway i'm sure he'd have no guilty conscience about ratting at the guys if the behaved bad :P

• Site Administrator

I know I'm coming in late, but as CJ mentioned earlier, I've been away.

There's one point that bothered me that no one seems to have commented on -- Jon and Eric are trying to hide what they are asking Brandon to do from Chase.

They are already in trouble for their antics, and for outing Brandon and Chase (I also noticed that Brandon was angry at Chase being outed, not himself :2thumbs: ) and now they want to dig their hole even deeper by trying to get Brandon to cheat on Chase. It would be different if they got Chase involved and Chase agreed for Brandon to go with Charity, but Jon and Eric aren't helping the band with what they are doing. It WILL get out and they are seriously risking not only losing their brother but breaking up the band.

I agree that getting Helen involved is probably the best bet, but Jon and Eric have almost eliminated that as an option by waiting until the last minute to approach Brandon. I am not looking forward to what happens next -- it's not going to be pretty. Either Brandon and Chase get outed, Jon and Eric get turned into soprano's (with Chase and Helen fighting for the privilege) or Brandon and/or Chase go into a deep funk over what they see as a failing relationship. Unless a minor miracle happens, I'm hoping for the first one. I would prefer for the guys to be outed and be happy (even if that means the band falls apart or loses some of their fan base) than either of the other options.

Oh my gosh! I hit these restrictions so often!

I can't recall how (or if) I described Jon and Eric's hair.. I think i did becuase its in the character sheets, but I don't remember..

Brown for Eric, Black for Jon, BUT, as in all things, if the reader is imagining them a different way, that's great, and the reader may be right!

You did describe their hair colour. I clearly remember and have always kept in mind their colours. I also remember thinking it slightly odd that all three had different colours and that they actually ranged from black to blonde! (sounds like me on a wild month :boy: )

For example, I have a photo

of a guy I feel is a dead ringer for my image of Brandon, shirtless in wet jeans and sunglasses, leaning back against a table, and that was my inspiration for the description of the "cover" shot. But, were I to share that, it is a near certainty that at least some readers don't have the same mental image, so it would be bad for them to see it as coming from the author, becuase it's as if the author is saying "This is what he looks like, and your image is wrong".

:blink:

Ohh yeah, I'm sure we'd all hate seeing that one! :boy:

LOL, seriously though, I get where you're coming from ;)

hi hi,

i'm new to CJames' forum, but afyter reading his "let the music play" i just had to comment ^_^

Kashka!!! :D

**waves excitedly**

There's one point that bothered me that no one seems to have commented on -- Jon and Eric are trying to hide what they are asking Brandon to do from Chase.

They are already in trouble for their antics, and for outing Brandon and Chase (I also noticed that Brandon was angry at Chase being outed, not himself :2thumbs: ) and now they want to dig their hole even deeper by trying to get Brandon to cheat on Chase. It would be different if they got Chase involved and Chase agreed for Brandon to go with Charity, but Jon and Eric aren't helping the band with what they are doing. It WILL get out and they are seriously risking not only losing their brother but breaking up the band.

I agree, trying to talk someone into cheating on your brother is a pretty cruddy thing to do :thumbdown:

Have a fantastic day everyone and take care! :D

-Kevin

It's Friday so I'm starting silliness early (I think) :D

Oh my gosh! I hit these restrictions so often!

Isn't this a sure sign of a post-a-holic post whore? :blink:

hi hi,

great story, really. nice characters (though jon and eric are a bit of asses) and i gotta tell you: helen is my idol XD i ove it how she can grab the boys' balls and squeeze them when needed. up untill now she was doing that metaphorically, but oh boy, once she finds out what the older guys did she will have no objections against doing it for real.

brandon and chase are cute ^^ they tip toed aroun eachother a bit at first but they cut it to an acceptable span of time (around a week, i can dea with that). things between them are so great now, i realy don't want it to be spoied >.<

so please, please, tell me brandon will be wiser than that and won't go along with the plan. there's just no way it can turn out fine. even assuming that charity would stay silent and that helen se wouldn't find out... it'll be too much of a burden for brandon and he's such an honest guy >.< the weight of that one night would kill him inside. imagine him taking chase for the fist time a few days after he cheated on him? after all this "i want your first time to be perfect" talk?

plus that would be like giving charity more ammo. she not only can reveal to the press that chase and brandon are gay and together, she could add that "brandon slept with her, what a promiscious bastard he is".

plus if you want them (brandon and charity) to do that i'm sure as hell chase will find out one way or another, probably by walking in on them :(

and i don't believe anything you say. it was an obvious cliffhanger to me. an evil one to add!

*crossing her fingers and praying that brandon will choose to inform chase and helen about the guys' screw up*

um, i wasn't too rant-y :P

know that i like the way you write and that you have one more fan in me :*)

Welcome, Kashka!!! :2thumbs:

Thank you!!

I can't comment about the contents of the upcoming chapters, but I have to agree, I think it's safe to say that Helen will not be pleased. :)

But Kashka, would I ever use a cliffhanger?. 0:) It was all just slightly... Tense, with a little bit of a dilemma.

0:)

I agree that getting Helen involved is probably the best bet, but Jon and Eric have almost eliminated that as an option by waiting until the last minute to approach Brandon. I am not looking forward to what happens next -- it's not going to be pretty. Either Brandon and Chase get outed, Jon and Eric get turned into soprano's (with Chase and Helen fighting for the privilege) or Brandon and/or Chase go into a deep funk over what they see as a failing relationship. Unless a minor miracle happens, I'm hoping for the first one. I would prefer for the guys to be outed and be happy (even if that means the band falls apart or loses some of their fan base) than either of the other options.

Jon and Eric's motto: When in a hole, keep digging. :lol:

You did describe their hair colour. I clearly remember and have always kept in mind their colours. I also remember thinking it slightly odd that all three had different colours and that they actually ranged from black to blonde! (sounds like me on a wild month :boy: )

Thanks! I'm glad I got that in there.. It is unusual to have that large a spread between brothers, I agree, though I have seen it.

It's Friday so I'm starting silliness early (I think) :D

Isn't this a sure sign of a post-a-holic post whore? :blink:

OK, for my own contribution, I want to call Emoe a postaholic. :P

Also, I thought of a new fun thing to do (and I know I promised to do this earlier, but I forgot...) I thoguht I'd bring up posts from the last thread, of those who came closest in predictions. And BTW, if I miss anyone's, PLEASe point it out and say so!

The one I thought came closest (just my opinion) was Kevin's. When I read it last week, I thought "whoa, spot-on!"

Actually that was exactly what I thought about when I made my predictions. Why would they have to "sneak" them out of Jerry's place if they were eighteen? I think there is a lot more about these girls than what has been presented.

That seems like a good guess, Steve, but my initial reaction was simply that the girls' father would be ticked off and might be influential. As I recall they were there accompanying their father who was dressed as a Roman Senator (well one of them was a friend of the daughter if I remember correctly). What if the Roman Senator was also an American Senator (that would be just the kind of cute, little ironic joke people like when picking costumes)?

Kevin, you got it! That's exactly right!

And they snuck the girls out becuase on of them was there with "dad" and it was obvious what they were going off to do. But now, we know

CJ ending in a cliffhanger NO never yeah right only about every chapter or other chapter ends like that CJ is a sadist :P he loves to see us scream when it ends like that and then beg for the next one fast so we all can get our fix. Almost makes be wish i had a major in English so i could beg for a beta spot my self. :D

• Like 1

Its undeniablly a cliff hanger but a darn good one. Somehow I think the 'vestal virgin' is going to get what's coming to her. I'm sure that someone will walk in on her trying to ripp the pants off of Brandon. The only question is who.

I have to agree with Kashka. There is something strange about Jerry. He seemed perfectly happy to let the senator's kid take off with the band and not neerly as upset about drunk Eric as I would have expected. Being Lump's father I'm sure he does not have the band's interests as his top priority.

In refrence to the Untied States, I can only say its not the worst thing that could have happend. I confuse many words as well. Some of them pretty typical like was and saw. Others are just weird. For example I get nasal and anal mixed up. Any one got some anal spray? :P

• Site Administrator
Its undeniablly a cliff hanger but a darn good one. Somehow I think the 'vestal virgin' is going to get what's coming to her. I'm sure that someone will walk in on her trying to ripp the pants off of Brandon. The only question is who.

That's a good idea. My way out of the problem involved a bit of deus ex machina -- if something happened to Chase, such as an accident at the studio, Brandon would be off like a rocket. He just might drag Charity along and I don't think even she would cause a stink at a hospital. I think your idea is better :D

The one I thought came closest (just my opinion) was Kevin's. When I read it last week, I thought "whoa, spot-on!"

Kevin, you got it! That's exactly right!

And they snuck the girls out becuase on of them was there with "dad" and it was obvious what they were going off to do. But now, we know

Thanks, CJ :)

It's a pleasure speculating! I'm so glad you don't mind it :)

Others are just weird. For example I get nasal and anal mixed up. Any one got some anal spray? :P

:lmao:

wait a minute...does this mean that some people like to have nasal sex? :blink:

CJ ending in a cliffhanger NO never yeah right only about every chapter or other chapter ends like that CJ is a sadist :P he loves to see us scream when it ends like that and then beg for the next one fast so we all can get our fix. Almost makes be wish i had a major in English so i could beg for a beta spot my self. :D

Aww, Ethan, would I ever do such a thing? 0:)

BTW, the bolded bit would make a very good quote, don't you think? 0:)

I have to agree with Kashka. There is something strange about Jerry. He seemed perfectly happy to let the senator's kid take off with the band and not neerly as upset about drunk Eric as I would have expected. Being Lump's father I'm sure he does not have the band's interests as his top priority.

In refrence to the Untied States, I can only say its not the worst thing that could have happend. I confuse many words as well. Some of them pretty typical like was and saw. Others are just weird. For example I get nasal and anal mixed up. Any one got some anal spray? :P

Aww, but I never use cliffhangers... I'd no more use cliffhangers than I would post in the forums (and I'm a lurker, ya know..) 0:)

And thanks... It helps me a lot to know that I'm not the only one who goofs on words... The fact that I do goof made me feel very bad about my writing, but since my "coming out" I've actually felt a hack of a lot better. :)

That's a good idea. My way out of the problem involved a bit of deus ex machina -- if something happened to Chase, such as an accident at the studio, Brandon would be off like a rocket. He just might drag Charity along and I don't think even she would cause a stink at a hospital. I think your idea is better :D

Not to give any spoilers or anything, but Dues Ex Machina is a particular dislike of mine. :)

Thanks, CJ :)

It's a pleasure speculating! I'm so glad you don't mind it :)

Mind? I absolutely love and encourage it! :2thumbs::2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Thank you!!!!

CJ :)

• Site Administrator
Aww, but I never use cliffhangers... I'd no more use cliffhangers than I would post in the forums

That would make a lovely quote, with a note saying that this was posted in the forums. In other words, an admission he uses cliffhangers. :P

Not to give any spoilers or anything, but Dues Ex Machina is a particular dislike of mine. :)

They are a dislike of mine, too :) That's why I liked the idea that didn't involve one.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..