Oh Merlin, he is a gay!

Julian Alexander

So as i was looking through some sites, i found an interesting article. It seems to be the fictional character "Albus Dumbledore " is gay. All i can say is: how many fan fictioners (is that the proper word to use, is it even a word?) got this right, hehe. Now we can add him to the Rainbow Brigade (I actaully spent the better half laughing while i was writing that last note,hehe). Another part of me keeps saying: "Who could have not seen this coming?". I mean really the way he dresses had to say something about this (I know, I know, forgive me for stereotyping)

Anyways here are some links, Enjoy this little tidbit.

<a href="http://www.newsweek.com/id/50787" target="_blank">http://www.newsweek.com/id/50787</a>

<a href="http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=3754341" target="_blank">http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=3754341</a>

Later Ladies and Gents,

-Jules

Addition: Kudos to SonoLuminus for having the same thought, hehe. :lol: . Hopefully both topics will be merged or something.

Edited by Julian Alexander

• Site Administrator

Interesting, but ultimately meaningless, at least to me. It doesn't change the character as far as I'm concerned. It's still interesting, though, that she had that background information on Dumbledore and tried to make sure everything remained consistent with that background.

Lol awesome! I love that she outed one of the most loved literary icons in recent years. And she's right. I can just see the new Dumbledore slash fics popping up all over the place (not that there hasn't been some already xD).

Well, everyone knows that the most refined and intelligent persons are gay! We are the chosen ones. (how come Harry slipped to the other side?)

Ieshwar

Because he's neither refined nor particularly intelligent?

Menzo (the blasphemer)

I think it was a very smart touch to Dumbledore. ^^ It explains why he did all those dumb things he did as a kid; he had a crush on Whatever-his-name-was. Thought it was odd that he thought that way just because of a friend. Now that she said he had a crush on him, that make much more sense. At least to me. So; a small but smart touch to his character!

oh God. Now, I really LOVE Rowling. LOL. This is awesome news. Whooo. Although, I know my fascination for Harry Potter has waned over the years (more because of the ugly movies), I still like it. As an author of a modern classic, she got guts. Go Rowling!

LOL... This qualifies as a Hogwarts scandal. haha!

I think it's interesting that she had to "out" Albus because the script for the next movie made reference to him having a romantic interest of the opposite sex... given the length of her books, you'd think that they wouldn't be looking to add anything to the plot line!

I also got a chuckle at the description of her saying that it would give the Christian Right another reason to hate her books.

Steve

Well, everyone knows that the most refined and intelligent persons are gay! We are the chosen ones. (how come Harry slipped to the other side?)

Ieshwar

Based on my personal experience and knowledge, that's oh, so true! :worship:

Colin B)

I also got a chuckle at the description of her saying that it would give the Christian Right another reason to hate her books.

Steve

They do so love to declare things to be the work of satan don't they?

Well, everyone knows that the most refined and intelligent persons are gay!

Well said, Ieshwar :)

I think this is the only Harry Potter news I've ever heard before my sister! :lol:

:lol::great:

I think it's interesting that she had to "out" Albus because the script for the next movie made reference to him having a romantic interest of the opposite sex... given the length of her books, you'd think that they wouldn't be looking to add anything to the plot line!

Steve

WOW! I didn't know that! So are they now going to take that out?