Would you use a chat room?

52 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a GA chat room?

• Yes
    • No
    • It depends (you must explain if you pick this one!)

I think it's a good idea.

I'm not saying I would use it regularly, But when I think back to 2 years ago, I remember being all alone in a big empty closet, And I'm eternally grateful for the chat that used to be here. Suffice it to say, I wouldn't be here as I am without it, So if there is a possibility that it could help someone else come to terms with who they are(which just isn't quite as easy in forum messages or even PM's, Sometimes people actually need to talk in real time), Then my vote is yes.

As for me being there, It probably wouldn't happen too often. I've been totally lost in YouTube and certain other "Tube's" since I got DSL late last year. For anyone who knows the difference between the internet on dial-up and the internet on DSL or other high-speed connections, To put it frankly, The internet works now. I couldn't sit in a chat room for hours now anymore than I could pluck my nose hairs for hours on end.

Ok, thats Tim's 2 cents worth.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hates chatting. I hates it forever.

Encourages rudeness it does. :jerry: Makes annoying people unbearable. :pissed: As pointless as an episode of Sienfield. :sleep:

Besides, every third person in a chatroom who claims to be a teen is actually a Fed or Perverted justice plant trying to get their ugly mug on TV. :huh:

Maybe a good new game for chatrooms would be pin the tail on the Fed. :rolleyes:

I hates chatting. I hates it forever.

Encourages rudeness it does. :jerry: Makes annoying people unbearable. :pissed: As pointless as an episode of Sienfield. :sleep:

Besides, every third person in a chatroom who claims to be a teen is actually a Fed or Perverted justice plant trying to get their ugly mug on TV. :huh:

Maybe a good new game for chatrooms would be pin the tail on the Fed. :rolleyes:

You obviously didn't spend a lot of time in the GA chatroom ... well, other than the rudeness :P

:king: Dr. Mr. Snow "Snoopy" Dog

No... And my reasons aree---->>>

It would defeat the purpose of the Forum. Here too we can chat, and I'd encourage the use of the forum rather than a chat room.

:)

Just my one and a half cents... :P

BeaStKid

Chat rooms and forums are for entirely different purposes. In a forum, what you post will be there for a while and likely has some purpose. Also, it's usually about some specific topic, and doesn't allow for real time interaction.

In a chat room, you are able to speak at any point in time you wish. It is for chatting, not speaking. I liked the chat room. I originally met my current roomie through the chat room (sort of). A lot of the people I still say hi to online I met there as well. Maybe I'm weird, but I would really love to have it back just as a place to socialize and have fun.

Anyone who said no because they wouldn't use it, well, that's good and all, but unless you're in a case like Graeme where it's just not feasible for you to use it, you should try it. At least when I was there, everyone was extremely congenial, inviting, and helpful.

And Jamessavik, I disagree. :P The only time anyone was ever rude to anyone was... well... never. I can recall a few not too nice things said, but those were generally not personal issues, more of general statements, or even just playing around.

And in the GA chatroom, we all knew who everyone was. If we didn't, we found out fairly quickly. Contrary to popular belief, it is not an easy thing to keep an interwoven social network fooled about your identity for very long. Anyway, I miss the chat room. Lately I'll find myself a bit bored, but still doing homework/studying/whatever and wanting to have a nice silly conversation while I'm working.

I voted "It depends..." because I would use a GA chat room if author chats were reinstated. It was for the author chats that I became interested in GA and joined, only to have the author chats and the chat room disbanded. Foo!

Colin B)

I voted "It depends..." because I would use a GA chat room if author chats were reinstated. It was for the author chats that I became interested in GA and joined, only to have the author chats and the chat room disbanded. Foo!

Colin B)

That was our plan all along. And by your 560 posts, it seems to have worked ;)

he GA chat was great... and for those saying it would detract from the forum topics... maybe I should point out that what the GA chat mainly revolved around was insanity. Total insanity... :D

I can deal with insanity. :wacko:

Well, I can deal with MY insanity, sort of, most of the time. I can share, too. Want some? I have lots. B)

I can deal with insanity. :wacko:

Well, I can deal with MY insanity, sort of, most of the time. I can share, too. Want some? I have lots. B)

I'd be thrilled to share insanity with you. :D That's why having chat back would be great :P

• 3 weeks later...

I think a chatroom would be great. I'm sure we'd have to keep it nice and clean. 0:) Is the plan to have a chatroom on the site, or does everyone prefer a program like Paltalk. I know how to create rooms on Paltalk. If anyone needs information about it, feel free to send me a PM on the site or on Yahoo. My screen name is listed on my profile here. B)

I really enjoyed the times I was able to join in the chats. I miss all of you as my life moved on and the chat rooms ended. Would probably drop back in from time to time and try and reconnect with old and make new friends. Once I get my boat back to Maine.. sometime this summer. Pax, Steve

I misses the chat roomies too. I'm up at all hours of the night and it felt good when I could hang out there and tell my wonderful stories and gossip about my buddies and make fun of Vic and Snowy and miso and Pat and lugh...so lonely Iz is now.

Nobody I know is up at crazy hours of the night every night...except the people here.

I misses the chat roomies too. I'm up at all hours of the night and it felt good when I could hang out there and tell my wonderful stories and gossip about my buddies and make fun of Vic and Snowy and miso and Pat and lugh...so lonely Iz is now.

Nobody I know is up at crazy hours of the night every night...except the people here.

I hope your online time does not interfere with school, young man. :angry:

Jokes aside, I love chat. I'd enjoy chatting with more people on GA. Let's make it happen. :D

Yup...all times of night he is up!!! Wierd!! :wacko:

:P:P:P:P

Yup...all times of night he is up!!! Wierd!! :wacko:

:P:P:P:P

The minors on this site really should go to bed at a decent hour. School is important. Then again, I should probably go to bed earlier than I do. :funny:

I voted Yes, as i would use one, if it were here, i doubt i'd be a 'regular' it would all depend on how bored i was i guess...

I certainly think it's a good idea to have one though :) as said above, far easier to make friends and get to know others than in the forum ^_^

Matt x