Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Should CJ Be Mounted Ontop My Fireplace?

Meeko

Should CJ Be Mounted Ontop My Fireplace?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should CJ Be Mounted Ontop My Fireplace?

• YES BURN BURN!!!
    • NO WAY Why would you want to harm the innocent goat
    • It's All Shadowgod's Fault....
    • Slow Roasting Torture to make the Goat concede and give us a happy resolution

perfect, I'll be looking forward to it,,, I know that we're on CJ forum, so , if you guys excuse me for two lines I say that Second chances is in greater need for a new chapter, tiger

I'm having some issues with writer's block. 3rd person is not my forte. It's a challenge. CJ and Carl are great with 3rd person. Maybe I should ask them for some pointers.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be working more on Chapter 3 over the weekend. I'll have to put a rush on editing and beta reading. ;)

B) .........Well, another tie 50% for the slow roast 50% for no way. Oh well I have plenty of PB & J

I'm having some issues with writer's block. 3rd person is not my forte. It's a challenge. CJ and Carl are great with 3rd person. Maybe I should ask them for some pointers.

I'd be happy to offer and advice that I can. However, please bear in mind that aside from one short story, LTMP is my first try in 3rd person. Hence, I might not know what I'm talking about half the time. :)

I'd be happy to offer and advice that I can. However, please bear in mind that aside from one short story, LTMP is my first try in 3rd person. Hence, I might not know what I'm talking about half the time. :)

I appreciate the offer. My screen names for both MSN and Yahoo! are on my profile if that's how you prefer to communicate.

wow, I really, it seems like I don't take notice on detail on the type of narration, I was sure that you had wrote more 3rd person.

It's still very well managed, CJ.

I find writing in 3rd person easier tho.

sacha

wow, I really, it seems like I don't take notice on detail on the type of narration, I was sure that you had wrote more 3rd person.

It's still very well managed, CJ.

sacha

I tend to agree about how well CJ writes in 3rd person. I'm still learning.

And you're doing a damn good job with it!! I'm at ch 7 at the moment... :)

sacha

Same here....though that may be because that is what I've tried up till now... :P

I find 1st person easier. The switch from 1st to 3rd person has been hard on me. :S I'm still recovering. :P

That's why we need to challenge ourselves. Mastering 3rd person writing makes you a better author. :)

the Goat is my hero :worship:

my last three chapters I am getting ready to send of to my editor are major cliffies and my new goal in life is for the next ten chapters to end in evil cliffies

LOL

B) .............Right the goat never does cliffies :P the day the sun rise's out of the west :wacko:

my last three chapters I am getting ready to send of to my editor are major cliffies and my new goal in life is for the next ten chapters to end in evil cliffies

LOL

The goat has already accused me of using evil cliffhangers. I intend to live up to the accusation. :devil:

The goat has already accused me of using evil cliffhangers. I intend to live up to the accusation. :devil:

He done that to me too!!! I also think that there's nothing wrong with that,,, I wonder why the goat hate when people make allusion that he might have written some in the past,,, :P:D

He done that to me too!!! I also think that there's nothing wrong with that,,, I wonder why the goat hate when people make allusion that he might have written some in the past,,, :P:D

I was the first to say that I actually appreciate building anticipation. The only reason I took CJ to task was because he tried to deny using the tactic. ;)

LOL

Hi Wolfwalker!

I do have a serious word of advice on that; ending EVERY chapter in a cliffhanger both dilutes the effect, and irritates the readers.

Better, in my opinion anyway, to use them judiciously and for effect. :)

(Note to everyone, no, I am not admitting using them! :P )

It;s guilt, you see... If Shadowgod sneaks a cliffhanger in during the beta, wouldn't I be wrong to take credit or it? 0:)

I was the first to say that I actually appreciate building anticipation. The only reason I took CJ to task was because he tried to deny using the tactic. ;)

Well, of course I never use cliffhangers, so of course I deny it. 0:) Why, the next thing you know, you'll be implying that I'm not a lurker... :ph34r:

It;s guilt, you see... If Shadowgod sneaks a cliffhanger in during the beta, wouldn't I be wrong to take credit or it? 0:)

Well, of course I never use cliffhangers, so of course I deny it. 0:) Why, the next thing you know, you'll be implying that I'm not a lurker... :ph34r:

I'll quote graeme ... Your logic is illogical

You can refer to snake as a serpert, but a serpent is still a snake. ;)

Hi Wolfwalker!

I do have a serious word of advice on that; ending EVERY chapter in a cliffhanger both dilutes the effect, and irritates the readers.

You're right about it, using cliffhanger as ending of every chapter dilutes the effect after a while, at that point you gotta find an even bigger cliffhanger when you'll need of one.

You're totally right, you can get into lots of trouble if you take the credit for something that isn't yours. CJ, you're doing the right thing in giving people their fair due. :P

You can refer to snake as a serpert, but a serpent is still a snake. ;)

:D you're logic is illogic,,, if you call a snake a "serpert" then a serpent wouldn't be a snake, :D:lol:

• Site Administrator

My personal view is that cliffhangers should be used with care. Early on, they help build reader interest. Near the end, they build tension before the final resolution. In between -- use sparingly. My person view :)

You don't have to admit using them -- your stories speak for themselves :P

I won't imply you're not a lurker -- I'll just blatantly state it :DC James, you're not a lurker.

As an aside, I'm thinking we should keep this thread active at all times in this forum. Having it as one of the top threads in the forum should encourage CJ to provide us with new stories to keep us occupied 0:)

My personal view is that cliffhangers should be used with care. Early on, they help build reader interest. Near the end, they build tension before the final resolution. In between -- use sparingly. My person view :)

I won't imply you're not a lurker -- I'll just blatantly state it :DC James, you're not a lurker.

As an aside, I'm thinking we should keep this thread active at all times in this forum. Having it as one of the top threads in the forum should encourage CJ to provide us with new stories to keep us occupied 0:)

Hrmm its to bad we can't convince any one to pin it :P

• Site Administrator
Hrmm its to bad we can't convince any one to pin it :P

I thought about it, but it's not right to do that in an author's forum without their permission. :( Damn ethics....

You know that might work

I wonder if people will believe me when I tell them Scott snuck them in, that he shortened the chapter and relocated it to the beggining of the next chapter

yup that will be my story and i'm sticking to it :D

Hi Wolfwalker!

Actually I was surprised that two chapters in a row of my current WIP could be considered cliffhangers, I try very hard to avoid that as it anoys me to no end when certain parties who shall remain nameless to...well hells bells why bother tryng to protect their identities we all know who they are :lol:

just had to take a moment of insantiy and pull a few folks tails :lol:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..