Your Screen Name

I didn't really think about mine much before I chose it. I just needed something at the time to register with. Its these sweets (candy) in the uk, no idea if you have them in america or elsewhere, which I really like :D . I think I had some next to me when I was registering. I need to change it really but its kinda too late now. Also I realise unless you know about the sweets it kinda could come across that I'm being cocky and saying I'm really smart, but oh well.

Celia

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't really think about mine much before I chose it. I just needed something at the time to register with. Its these sweets (candy) in the uk, no idea if you have them in america or elsewhere, which I really like :D . I think I had some next to me when I was registering. I need to change it really but its kinda too late now. Also I realise unless you know about the sweets it kinda could come across that I'm being cocky and saying I'm really smart, but oh well.

Celia

Celia, there are Smarties in the US. They're quite popular among children. :)

I used to live in a town called Naperville, in Illinois....so I used NaperVic and it's stayed with me even though I've moved to California.

I recall you mentioning this once a couple of years ago and amazingly I've remembered ever since.

well, mine is pretty simple... when I started landscaping proffessionally, I wanted a name that would reflect my interest both in plants and wildlife. Since I was kinda stydying paganism at the time, the green man seemed appropriate, so I named my business Green Man Gardens. The first online chat community I signed up for was a gardening e-mail based list, so I signed up as greenman. Kinda stuck for my online persona, though sometimes greenman is taken, so I started using greenmann. You'll see me as both or either depending on where I am.

LOL, I read that as "studying plagiarism" the first time :huh:

I figured you had a respect and fondness of nature based on your posts in the soapbox :)

Celia, there are Smarties in the US. They're quite popular among children. :)

AND adults ;)0:)

I like Smarties! :D I used to have loads when I was a kid. I don\'t eat now. *reminds himself to buy one soon* :D

I wanted some unique. Something I won\'t find on net. So I took my middle name. As such, it should be written \"Ishwar\", but my parents made it \"Ieshwar\". So it sounds rather...different from others. And I like it! It became my online name.

I like Smarties! :D I used to have loads when I was a kid. I don\'t eat now. *reminds himself to buy one soon* :D

LOL, that gave me pause for a bit there.

I wanted some unique. Something I won\'t find on net. So I took my middle name. As such, it should be written \"Ishwar\", but my parents made it \"Ieshwar\". So it sounds rather...different from others. And I like it! It became my online name.

Cool! I seem to remember you saying that before as well. Am I pronouncing it correctly? I usually say it like "I (eye) ish war"

My real name is my paternal grandfather's middle name and my middle name is my maternal grandfather's first name. The combination was created by friend of my mother's family because my parents had no idea what to call me. They knew what they weren't going to name me.

Carl was my paternal grandfather's first name, it was also is son's first name, as in Carl, Jr. The only problem was they both died in 1945; Sr. from lung cancer and Jr. from tuberculosis. My mother was not about to name me after those two. My father's name was taken by one of my cousins, so I couldn't be a Jr.

Oh, and Holiday is a misspelling. It should be Holladay, but it was misspelled on the birth certificate and never changed.

Cool! I seem to remember you saying that before as well. Am I pronouncing it correctly? I usually say it like \"I (eye) ish war\"

Just remove the \"eye\". And it will be fine. Like BK said.

Thanks BK.

Take care,

Ieshwar

Kev, his name is pronounced like 'eesh-were'.... Kinda like Sheesh and then a wur.

:) In Hindi, it means God. :)

Just remove the \"eye\". And it will be fine. Like BK said.

Thanks BK.

Take care,

Ieshwar

Thanks, guys :D

Cool story, Carl :)

When I write my real name in my mobile using the dictionary, it comes out as pitcha. I just added the extra 'n' because I wanted it to have Japanese twist (because I was anime fan). 'Chan' is a Japanese honorific added after names and are typically used towards girls etc etc. xD

Graeme is a proud Scottish name, the celtic spelling for the name Graham (or is it that Graham is the anglo spelling for the name Graeme? :blink: )

The name of kings, it means... er... (looks it up)... never mind :P

It also happens to be my first name :mace:

Something like "gray home", I think.

Nerotorb:

Nero: A Roman emperor.

Torb: Short for Torbias, a nickname Im not quite sure how I got, but it stuck.

Simple really.

Darn, I always thought it meant something once read backwards. Though I never was able to figure out what.

BTW, mine is one I chose when I decided to offer my wonderful prose to the world (see my eFiction page, a few of the stories will make it clearer...). It seems kind of silly now, but as I'm recognized and acknowledged by a solid 0,0000001% of the overall population, which I targeted in the first place, I'll stick with it.

Nerotorb:

Nero: A Roman emperor.

Torb: Short for Torbias, a nickname Im not quite sure how I got, but it stuck.

Simple really.

I am so glad to find that out!

Darn, I always thought it meant something once read backwards. Though I never was able to figure out what.

BTW, mine is one I chose when I decided to offer my wonderful prose to the world (see my eFiction page, a few of the stories will make it clearer...). It seems kind of silly now, but as I'm recognized and acknowledged by a solid 0,0000001% of the overall population, which I targeted in the first place, I'll stick with it.

:lol:

My name is a combination of my grandmothers first name and one of my family surnames. Mind you, I have like, 4. Lewis, Williams, Strailo and Cutrell. Lewis from my grandfather Lewis, Williams from my grandfather, my grandmothers 3ed hubby, Strailo is just a family name from my grandmothers side, and Cutrell from my biological grandfathers side, who died when my half aunt, my mothers half sis, was like 1 and a 1/2 years old.

I combined the two and got Rose Strailo.

Oh no. I really dont have that kinda time, to think of something and then make it backwards. 1. Thats too much work and 2. Im not really that clever.

I am so glad to find that out!

Yep. Now you just need to know who Nero was.

"Tiff" is an abbreviation of Tiffani. Tiffani sounds super girly, and while I don't consider myself butch, the image of a giggling, flaky, blond girl comes to mind, and I am none of those. And if any blond girls on this site are giggly and flaky, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Oh, same thing for blond, giggly, flaky guys. That's cool, too.

I'm just trying to come off as a dark and moody writer, so something simple... :ph34r:

And all my friends call me that. And I love everyone here.

Celia

Oooh, I loved that candy. I used to have so many and spend time chewing and letting it sit in my mouth that my tongue would get sore. Not a candy fan anymore, too many horror cavities as a child.

I did know that!

"Tiff" is an abbreviation of Tiffani. Tiffani sounds super girly, and while I don't consider myself butch, the image of a giggling, flaky, blond girl comes to mind, and I am none of those. And if any blond girls on this site are giggly and flaky, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Oh, same thing for blond, giggly, flaky guys. That's cool, too.

I'm that guy, but it's just an illusion cleverly designed to hide my own dark and sarcastic side ;)

Oooh, I loved that candy. I used to have so many and spend time chewing and letting it sit in my mouth that my tongue would get sore. Not a candy fan anymore, too many horror cavities as a child.

haha, thanks. I don't really eat sweets much either, but if I did Smarties are near the top. Kevin, another odd language thing, although they are clled cavities in the uk too, we just call them 'fillings', so another very obvious word :) (sorry I couldnt be bothered to search through to find your old thread).

Celia

LOL, well of course I know who Nero was! I'm not that unlearned

haha, thanks. I don't really eat sweets much either, but if I did Smarties are near the top. Kevin, another odd language thing, although they are clled cavities in the uk too, we just call them 'fillings', so another very obvious word :) (sorry I couldnt be bothered to search through to find your old thread).

Celia

:)

We call them fillings here as well, though usually only after they've been filled.