Your Avatar, and what does it mean?

Phantom

Ah, and if you like myk's avatar, you should see his water polo picture 0:)
The water polo picture is my favourite of Greg as well.

Ah, yeah....that is actually my favorite pic. Probably the only one I don't mind showing so much skin in.

:lol: Ahh, the water polo picture...It's my favourite too. Your arm is all stretched out reaching for the ball triumphently over your opponent, your abs are all tight :wub: .

My avatar was a BoyNeedsTherapy pirate special. Back in the day, Ben made a bunch of them for several GA members trying to tailor them to our physical features and they were all the rage. Sadly, I think Nate & I are the only ones still using them.

:lol: Ahh, the water polo picture...It's my favourite too. Your arm is all stretched out reaching for the ball triumphently over your opponent, your abs are all tight :wub: .

My avatar was a BoyNeedsTherapy pirate special. Back in the day, Ben made a bunch of them for several GA members trying to tailor them to our physical features and they were all the rage. Sadly, I think Nate & I are the only ones still using them.

:huh: ............What water polo shirt?? Was it an old avatar?

I love manga! So I looked for some nice cute male manga. And this is what i found. I find it really cute. :lol:

I've always thought your avatar was adorable! And it matches your adorable personality perfectly! I'm sure you're just as cute in real life too :)

What about Luc? I think he might still have his.

Also, I'm pretty sure Vancy still has his :)

• Site Administrator

Yes, I remember Myk's water polo picture, too, but I don't remember the rope one....

I'm only posting this if everyone promises not to tell CJ.... :P

Unlike what he believes, it's not a self portrait. It's a cropped image of an echidna I took a photo of while at the Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary in Melbourne. It's a great place to take foreign tourists, because it is practically only Australian native animals (unlike Melbourne Zoo which has a lot of overseas animals, too, like lions, tigers, polar bears, etc).

I used to have an emu avatar, taken at Australia Zoo in Queensland (the one started by Steve Irwin), but I changed to this one a couple of years ago. Since then, CJ has assumed I'll use those spines on anyone who posts a spoiler for a story I'm reading, so I've decided to keep it. I was very tempted last year to change it to another echidna photo I've got, but it's not as good. The only reason I considered it was that it was St. Patrick's Day and the echidna in question was green (it has just come out of an algae filled dam).

If you check out my profile, you'll see a picture of a brolga, also from Australia Zoo. And my story home page photo is a King Parrot which I photographed at the same place. What can I say? I like taking photos of Australian wildlife. Unfortunately, the local kangaroos are a bit skittish. They run away too fast for me to get a good photo of them....

I love manga! So I looked for some nice cute male manga. And this is what i found. I find it really cute. :lol:

take care,

Ieshwar

Hmm, I think that is Heero Yuy from Mobile Suite Gundam Wing and Endless Waltz, yes? I had a crush on Quatre Raberba Winner from the same series.

Mine is simple. It is my user. It is simple and clean, with an awesome font. Nothing flashy.

Hmm, I think that is Heero Yuy from Mobile Suite Gundam Wing and Endless Waltz, yes?

It is! It is!

But I never got the chance to see the anime. :(

Take care,

Ieshwar

Yes, I remember Myk's water polo picture, too, but I don't remember the rope one....

Ahh, another one who remembers the water polo! Ironically you probably have access to my hidden gallery.... ;)

Ahh, another one who remembers the water polo! Ironically you probably have access to my hidden gallery.... ;)

It seems that he does (I do). I did remember the rope pic, still prefer the water polo though. There's a very cute one in there now with you in the light blue shirt. I'll stop now lest people lynch me for my access to the gallery :lol:

Tarin, I've always liked yours!

Lol Ieshwar. I think thats Duo from Gundam Wing. :)

My avatar. Pretty simple. I like playing 'Go'. Its a popular game especially in China, Japan, and Korea. Its like chess. The particular game in my avatar is a game played by Honinbo Shusaku (one of the most famous Go players of all time). :P

Edit: Ah sorry. It's Heero. Maybe it was the way the hair was going which confused me. I was going to say Heero, then I saw the hairstyle and said Duo instead. Heero is awesome xD

Edited by pitchan

Lol Ieshwar. I think thats Duo from Gundam Wing. :)

My avatar. Pretty simple. I like playing 'Go'. Its a popular game especially in China, Japan, and Korea. Its like chess. The particular game in my avatar is a game played by Honinbo Shusaku (one of the most famous Go players of all time). :P

I tried my hand at 'Go' a few months ago! I didn't really like it though. I think I had a different set of expectations about the game and I didn't care for the rules. I also didn't have much natural talent at it :*)

In any case I hadn't recognized your avatar for what it is until you told us! :great:

I tried my hand at 'Go' a few months ago! I didn't really like it though. I think I had a different set of expectations about the game and I didn't care for the rules. I also didn't have much natural talent at it :*)

In any case I hadn't recognized your avatar for what it is until you told us! :great:

Ah. Well its too bad you didn't like it. It's a fun game once you get the basics down. There aren't that many rules as such, but it all depends on how you use the rules to play that makes this game interesting for me. Im not the best at this game though. Im still in the 13-15 kyu rank stage and I've been playing for about a year or so. Granted I think my rank came down since I haven't been able to play for a while due to real life intruding. xD

My avatar is getting old. I should really think about getting another one now. The other one was of a blue flower and the rain one is only because I thought it looked pretty, no real reason behind it I guess. I haven't found that perfect one that fit my personality yet, but I'll keep looking. :)

Krista

It is! It is!

But I never got the chance to see the anime. :(

Take care,

Ieshwar

I've seen the anime. It was so good. You have to hunt for it. The Manga has nothing on the anime. By the way, I hate Relena.

Okay, my avatar is because I used to go by Faery's Delight as a pen name. I still use it for my AFF.net account. That and I like the flowers. Reminds me of my grandmother roses fav pic that I can't seem to find.

Beast from the X-men was a favorite of mine from my miss spent youth. I identified with him: BIG and DANGEROUS but intelligent and gentle. Qualities that I try to have but find them increasingly elusive.

Over time the avatar has become something of an enigma: am I the man that became a beast or a beast that became a man? I dunno anymore. Only time will tell.

Will I ever find the Beauty that can tame my rage? I doubt it. I wouldn't want someone I care about that close to the flame.

Beast from the X-men was a favorite of mine from my miss spent youth. I identified with him: BIG and DANGEROUS but intelligent and gentle. Qualities that I try to have but find them increasingly elusive.

Over time the avatar has become something of an enigma: am I the man that became a beast or a beast that became a man? I dunno anymore. Only time will tell.

Will I ever find the Beauty that can tame my rage? I doubt it. I wouldn't want someone I care about that close to the flame.

He's among my favorites as well James. I tend to like attributes of both man and beast. As for your rage, I hope you do find someone who can take you at least a little. ;)

It's a frog. Has something to do with ancestry.

There are so many cute, whimsical frog pictures/drawings available on the www that I change my avatar occasionally. You would agree that a frog pic is appropriate if you check my personal photo at my GA profile.

It's a frog. Has something to do with ancestry.

There are so many cute, whimsical frog pictures/drawings available on the www that I change my avatar occasionally. You would agree that a frog pic is appropriate if you check my personal photo at my GA profile.

Yes, agreed!

MikeL, Graeme, and I are the some of the very few GA members who use their personal pics as avatars. :)

Yes, agreed!

MikeL, Graeme, and I are the some of the very few GA members who use their personal pics as avatars. :)

He, you forget mine ! :wacko:

I agree with you that my face is not very visible, but its still a "personal" avatar :lol:

Old Bob

BTW if you want to see it better, go to my profile :D

After reading on this thread, I decided that it was finally time I had an avatar before my third anniversary here.

This was when I had more hair.