Open Club  ·  78 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Vacation coming...

C James

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'll be leaving on vacation on Aug 30th, and getting back in the first week of October. I should have occasional internet access for part of the trip, but for at least two weeks in the middle of it I'll have none at all. (I'm going to Alaska).

Also, my laptop battery issue from last year still applies; a new battery would have cost me nearly $200, which is insane for a nine year old clunker of a laptop. I just haven't had the time or funds to shop for a new one. So, it's plug-in only.

However, My team and I are working hard to get some chapters ready for posting while I'm away. The way it's looking, at worst we might end up with a bi weekly instead of a weekly posting.

I'll post all trip news and reports in this thread.

CJ :)

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'll be leaving on vacation on Aug 30th, and getting back in the first week of October. I should have occasional internet access for part of the trip, but for at least two weeks in the middle of it I'll have none at all. (I'm going to Alaska).

Also, my laptop battery issue from last year still applies; a new battery would have cost me nearly $200, which is insane for a nine year old clunker of a laptop. I just haven't had the time or funds to shop for a new one. So, it's plug-in only.

However, My team and I are working hard to get some chapters ready for posting while I'm away. The way it's looking, at worst we might end up with a bi weekly instead of a weekly posting.

I'll post all trip news and reports in this thread.

B) .............Be wary of those bears, they like goat meat!

Yea be careful about the bears, I heard that they LOVE goats and tequila as well :P

Have a blast CJ! And takes lots of pictures, cus from what I hear it's beautiful up there :)

Eric

It seems the bear threat happens to be quite serious. Actually, my friends who crossed the US on kike did have some encounters with a grizzly bear, but they did not bleat. Please, CJ; do have a nice trip, maybe, but make sure you get all the chapters for CL(IFF) done before you leave, and DO MAKE SURE you wire the money transfer to the bank before you leave. Half of the mansion's roof is in your hands man, uh, goat...

• Site Administrator

Just what kind of bears are you all talking about :lol:

Have a great trip CJ, take lots of pictures, maybe have a visit with your mountain buddies up on their cliffs, and be safe.

Steve B)

Bears??

I'm not too worried about bears... Please bear in mind (ack, a pun!) that I've seen a black bear less then 10 feet from where I'm sitting typing this. :) There's a kind of a stepped pathway around the side of my house, made out of railway ties, and there are often ground squirrels nesting by burrowing under it. Bears like 'em, and a black bear lifted up a section a couple of years ago. I saw it. (there's a window to my right, and the bear was less than five feet from it). Black bear aren't as big and dangerous as Grizzly (I've never seen a grizzly) but they can attack on occasion, though normally they avoid you.

I've seen black bears on my property several times, plus the occasional mountain lion. (For those that think I'm a gun not for always going around armed, now you know one reason).

I'm more concerned about truly scary things.. such as Shadowgod's cliffhangers. Now those are scary!!!

CJ

• Site Administrator
I'm more concerned about truly scary things.. such as Shadowgod's cliffhangers. Now those are scary!!!

CJ

Funny how you always redirect everything back to poor Steve ;)

You are correct, grizzlies are nastier characters than black bears, but I don't think I want to go up against either one. Grizzly/human encounters are much more rare, probably due to a smaller population and like you said, they generally don't like encountering humans. Unless you get between Mom and her cubs, you should be fine :D . Also, Grizzly diet consists of mainly berries, I don't believe goat is a staple in their diet.

If your lucky, while going through BC, you may get to see a Spirit Bear on your travels, though most likely not.

Hmmm, Black bears, Grizzly Bears, Kodiak Bears, Spirit Bears and possibly Polar Bears. Maybe you should be concerned :lol: .

Steve B)

P.S. If your entering Canada, leave your gun at home. They aren't too happy to see them come across the border without the proper permits and licenses.

Thanks, and thank Wildone, I hadn't heard of Spirit Bears!

I'm sorry I've been absent so much lately; I had to get ahead on my work (I'm self-employed, though I prefer not to say in what in public) and prepearing to be away for five weeks takes a LOT of advance work. Then there's the trip itself; I've been finding accomodations en route, reading up on them, reading reviews, bargain-hunting, etc. I've also had to do some advance maintanance on my SUV, pack, take care of all my bills, paperwork, etc, and a hundred other things. Plus of course summer thunderstorms keep me off the computer in the late afternoons and evenings almost every day.

And this is all on top of being in the process of building a new house and moving (and I've been doing much of the construction on the new house myself). So, I've been a little busy lately. :)

I'm very much looking forward to my trip. I need a break. I'm going to try and get another chapter of Changing Lanes done before I go (right now, I'm only just finishing Ch 9) otherwise posting will be kind of slow while I'm away. I hope to get 10 done this weekend.

As for Shadowgod... Of course its all on him! His cliffhangers are much scarier than bears!!

I am going to harass and beg Joe until he puts a finger smilie in the emote pack :pissed: Sometimes goat, you just deserve to be shown you are number 1

Steve

:blink:

But, your Shadowyness, what did I say? It's not my fault that your cliffhangers are so traumatizing! I'm just suffering from post-LiS 26 traumatic stress disorder!

0:)

:blink:

But, your Shadowyness, what did I say? It's not my fault that your cliffhangers are so traumatizing! I'm just suffering from post-LiS 26 traumatic stress disorder!

0:)

Someone let you at the ergot tainted whole grains again didn't they?

Don't worry, the trip shouldn't last that long.

It also explains a lot of things :lol:

:P

Bears??

I'm not too worried about bears... Please bear in mind (ack, a pun!) that I've seen a black bear less then 10 feet from where I'm sitting typing this. :) There's a kind of a stepped pathway around the side of my house, made out of railway ties, and there are often ground squirrels nesting by burrowing under it. Bears like 'em, and a black bear lifted up a section a couple of years ago. I saw it. (there's a window to my right, and the bear was less than five feet from it). Black bear aren't as big and dangerous as Grizzly (I've never seen a grizzly) but they can attack on occasion, though normally they avoid you.

I've seen black bears on my property several times, plus the occasional mountain lion. (For those that think I'm a gun not for always going around armed, now you know one reason).

CJ

Black bears can be dangerous.

I am going to harass and beg Joe until he puts a finger smilie in the emote pack :pissed: Sometimes goat, you just deserve to be shown you are number 1

Steve

Now now, Steve. He's just trying to get under your skin. Besides, sooner or later he'll piss Joe off again, and then it will be all out war. He'd better enjoy his vacation now before Joe declares open season on goats. :lmao:

• Site Administrator
Now now, Steve. He's just trying to get under your skin. Besides, sooner or later he'll piss Joe off again, and then it will be all out war. He'd better enjoy his vacation now before Joe declares open season on goats. :lmao:

Hmmm, I seem to remember a lot of attention was thrown CJ's way last year when he disappeared for vacation :D .

Joe has been suspiciously quiet, makes me wonder if he is just waiting.

CJ, I wouldn't be scared of Shadowgod's cliffhangers as much as what Joe is planning on doing to you when your away and vulnerable :lol: .

Be afraid.

Like I said CJ, have a blast and take lots of scenic pictures! I hear it's beautiful up there.

Also i'm curious, are you gonna write another short story based on your trip? If so it would be interesting (Tequila, Grizzly Bears, Alaska... 'nuff said)

Eric

Have a great vacation! I hope it's full of good looking billy goats.

Watch out for bears and mosquitos. Yes, there are mosquitos in Alaska. I'm not sure when they come out though.

I don't think goats and mosquitos get along very well. I doubt he'll have to worry about the too much. The nights are probably nice and cool there. Hopefully there will be another goat to keep him warm. :P