[Shadowgod] Dreams & Clipped Wings 8: Migratory Patterns

Chapter 8 has been posted

I loved Migratory Patterns!

I'm posting this before I leave, and His Shadowyness will make it visable when the chapter comes out. So, I get the first post! :P

So, spoiler spaces. Don't read if you haven't read the chapter: huge spoilers here!

Where to start? Okay... The park... The description is superb, as is the detail. I've been there, and he captures it perfectly.

I will say this... Ch 7 left us with a CLIFFHANGER of an imminent meeting. But, there wasn't one, yet! They missed each other!

Almost.. Jacob saw cody, and asked Julie his name. I'm pretty sure that Jacob now knows that's the Cody he knew. Wow, talk about tension! I think it was sooo cruel of His Shadowyness to tantalize us like this.. Oh, and he did it with the other CLIFFHANGER from Ch 7, too: Why was his Mom answering the phone as she did? What is going on with Benjamin?

I loved how Cody finally got his check.. The line Eric used, "For services rendered", is shadowgod's, but it fits Eric perfectly!!! Spot-on!! I'm sure glad that Cody finally got his check, and that it made Cody feel good.

HOWEVER... Cody going to the DMV? I know exactly what kind of liscence he's going for, only one fits that description! Its an M1, a motorcycle liscence!!! This is pure EVIL!!! We must rally the Cody Liberation Front and stop Cody from being endangered in this way!! SAVE CODY!!!!! Keep him off that Two Wheeled Death Machine!!! :(

The scene between Zach and Cody... Wow, superbly done.

This is a superb chapter. :worship:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was an interesting chapter. I guess Cody likes to service servicemen. Okay, I have a problem to take care of. :*)

Great chapter, Steve! Before I take care of things, I am going to send you a PM about a couple things. :)

• Site Moderator
Chapter 8 has been posted

I loved how Cody finally got his check.. The line Eric used, "For services rendered", is shadowgod's, but it fits Eric perfectly!!! Spot-on!! I'm sure glad that Cody finally got his check, and that it made Cody feel good.

HOWEVER... Cody going to the DMV? I know exactly what kind of liscence he's going for, only one fits that description! Its an M1, a motorcycle liscence!!! This is pure EVIL!!! We must rally the Cody Liberation Front and stop Cody from being endangered in this way!! SAVE CODY!!!!! Keep him off that Two Wheeled Death Machine!!! :(

The scene between Zach and Cody... Wow, superbly done.

This is a superb chapter. :worship:

Yeah, I had to laugh when I read that line.

What! It's okay for Eric to get a bike and license, but it's not okay for Cody to do the same?

Yeah, I had to laugh when I read that line.

What! It's okay for Eric to get a bike and license, but it's not okay for Cody to do the same?

He believes that is Steve's fault as well. I think the King of Evil Cliffhangers is looking for someone to blame for his devious ways, and Steve is the perfect... scape for the goat. :P

What, all that fab material and all anyone can talk about is motorcycles?

Another superb chapter, Shadowgod. The writing in this story is excellent. It's not only intriguing, but the characterization is spot-on, and the tension just keeps on building.

The scene with

Cody and Zach was very hot. The whole men in uniform thing... nice touch! :) Although it seems like you just keep on adding to the list of guys in Cody's life. Jacob. Jonathan. Eric. Damon. Joe. Now Zach. My head is spinning! And though I'm still cheering for Joe, part of me isn't too sure who I want Cody to end up with. Anyone but Jonathan, I guess. The rest of the guys are all awesome - though it seems like you've given Damon another option in Brandon.

The

almost-meeting in the park was evil, evil, evil. A little contrived, maybe, but not too overdone, especially since you allowed Jacob to see Cody (though you conveniently didn't let us hear his reaction). Jacob is obviously in love with Matt, and has been since the last story, so it's not like I'm hoping for a big reconciliation between Jacob and Cody. But let's just say that I expect the party next week to be very interesting indeed.

If the plot keeps thickening like this, it'll take a cement mixer to stir it up. Already can't wait for chapter 9!

• Site Administrator

But let's just say that I expect the party next week to be very interesting indeed.

Sorry, but I don't really expect it to be interesting. None of the people that Julie has invited seem particularly keen to go, so I wouldn't be surprised if none of them show up. To get them all to be there, well, I would find that a stretch unless Julie does something to make it worth their while.

Yeah, Julie is a class-A bitch, and I wouldn't want to go to her party either. But the whole thing screams "setup" as a literary device. If I had to guess, I'd say that all of these characters will develop plenty of reasons for wanting to confront one another over the next week of storytime, and the party will be a perfect opportunity. (Just guessing, though.)

I don't understand why everyone beats up on Julie. She has every right to suspect that Joe has lingering eyes, because he does. She heard him hitting on Cody a while back, and that is never a good thing. Then there's the fact that she cheated. Yeah, that's definitely a bad thing, but it sometimes happens when there are relationship problems. I don't see her as the spawn of Satan. I see her as a somewhat misguided young woman who's feeling lonely. She and Joe might as well be broken up, because there really isn't much of a relationship left. It doesn't mean that she's evil, nor does it mean that he is evil.

Actually, it's funny, but I don't dislike Julie for being suspicious of Joe (as you said, she's basically justified), nor do I dislike her for cheating. My dislike of Julie comes from her acerbic tongue, and from her seemingly cold, calculated effort to dump Joe without really dumping him. If she decided it's over, and she doesn't want to be with Joe, she should damn well have the courage to let him know, rather than doing the relationship slow-death thing. Besides, she kinda acts like a buffoon around Valerie, Matt and Jacob... though that could just be nerves or not knowing the right thing to say around new people, so I'll try not to hold it against her. But yeah, it's mainly for how she's so dismissive of Joe and she doesn't have the courage to actually break up with him or let him know how she feels.

I don't understand why everyone beats up on Julie. She has every right to suspect that Joe has lingering eyes, because he does. She heard him hitting on Cody a while back, and that is never a good thing. Then there's the fact that she cheated. Yeah, that's definitely a bad thing, but it sometimes happens when there are relationship problems. I don't see her as the spawn of Satan. I see her as a somewhat misguided young woman who's feeling lonely. She and Joe might as well be broken up, because there really isn't much of a relationship left. It doesn't mean that she's evil, nor does it mean that he is evil.

B) ........Yeah, you know the truth when you see it, and Julie saw the truth a couple of chapters back. I don't blame her for seemingly looking like a bitch. She was confronted by Joe's lack of and Cody's infatuation over Joe, it was too evident. Sure she skirted to the dark side, but she did unvite Cody to the party, asking that he bring Joe along, seems she has already fostered a plan in her mind and is willing to live with it.

Cody on the other hand continues to foster a reckless lifestyle, to him Eric is nothing more and will be nothing more than a fantasy fu*k, he continues to dive, never making a serious attempt at resurfacing.

Sure he said one thing, but there was a small something in the kiss that seemed to grow as their lips lingered pressed against one another.

I know you guys don't read these things, but this is the only way I can figure to say this. You didn't have to do that, but thanks for doing it. Hope we have the chance to cross paths again in the future. Maybe we could hang out, or something. Anyhow, thanks again, Eric.

Cody

F**king fan

However, his Shadowyness continues his quest for the title of the King of all cliffhangers!! B)

As he goads Cody into a dangerous sport;

There was one more thing Cody did on the computer before Cody retreated from the room, and that was to make a reservation for classes at a riding school. With the certificate of completion, he wouldn't have to bother with the skills test at the DMV. Another motorcycle, what is he thinking???

Whatever Cody see's at the moment is not what he is seeking;

"Yeah," Cody sighed, reveling in the dull sting and pressure of the only man he had ever allowed to do this to him.

Cody gently lifted Zach's face and regarded him for a moment. Looking at the real Zach, stripped of all the bravado, and free of the deep confines of Uncle Sam's closet. What he saw must have been a glimpse of the kid that enlisted, looking for acceptance, for adventure, never knowing he'd find both of those in a cheap motel room in the bay goads

It is evident that Cody regards Zach in a plastic enviroment, perfect for the one he has created for himself.

Edited by Benji
  • Site Administrator

Wow!!

Great chapter, thanks Steve :worship: .

Sooo much is going on now.

First off, Julie, I don't trust her at all :angry: . Yes there is some good arguments to why she isn't a bad person, but isn't anyone else curious about why she is so hell bent on having Jacob and Matt meet Cody? Or is just me and Valarie that are mistrusting of her? I have a feeling that even though she doesn't know Jacob and Cody's past, she is trying to use Jacob and Matt to get back at Cody somehow. Evil.

As the memo on the cheque, I was a bit nervous on how Cody would react. I can picture the mischievous smile on Eric's face as he was writing it, but he could have taken it two different ways. Luckily he took it the right way. That was pricesless :D .

Well that about covers the chapter........

Wait, there was another scene I nearly forgot :lmao:

What is going on with Benjamin and their Mom?

Oh, maybe not that scene.

All I can say of the fly boy scene was WOW!!!!

I think that scene may be in contention with the hottest scene written down since

the 3 way between Valerie, Matt and Jacob

:2thumbs: . I think what separated this scene from just a 'sex' scene was the description that you put into the detail of what was going on. The foil wrappers scratching his thigh. The gasp from Cody as the still naked head brushed against his cleft. The feeling of Cody pulling on Zach's dog tags, and the chain bitting into his neck.

I could go on, and on, but that was simply amazing Steve.

Take a bow :great: .

Well done.

Steve B)

• 2 weeks later...
"Yeah," Cody sighed, reveling in the dull sting and pressure of the only man he had ever allowed to do this to him.

so, no one seemed to comment on the fact that Cody is a dedicated Top, except with Zach.

I think Zach's the one for Cody. Joe's not right for Cody. :P

• Site Administrator
so, no one seemed to comment on the fact that Cody is a dedicated Top, except with Zach.

I think Zach's the one for Cody. Joe's not right for Cody. :P

Oh, that comment should make things interesting in here :D .

After re-reading that passage, I see how you interpreted it that way. Kind of makes me re-think my own feeling that maybe Cody was just an oral kind of guy :P .

Actually there is many scenarios that Steve left the door open to with that one sentance.

Will he tell?

Meh. Zach is hot, and Cody seems to be enjoying discovering a different side of himself. Not unusual for someone who has been through what Cody has been through. He probably feels too scared to just let go most of the time, too scared to let himself be vulnerable like that. With Zach, he's discovering how much he likes that. But Cody doesn't love Zach. He loves Joe. And Joe loves Cody. The rest is just... fun. And lust.

But Cody doesn't love Zach. He loves Joe. And Joe loves Cody. The rest is just... fun. And lust.

I have seen no indication that Cody is in love with Joe. He may love him as a best friend, but I've seen nothing past that. Regardless, I think Joe is too weak for Cody. Joe lets people walk right over him, and that's just not right for Cody. Cody's personality would not mesh with Joe's on an intimate level.

Joe lets people walk all over him? Or Joe lets Cody walk all over him... because he loves him?

As for Julie, well, I think Joe just can't be bothered to care that much. And he wonders why he can't be bothered to care that much. And that bothers him.

Anyway I've seen no indication that Joe lets anyone else other than very specific people walk all over him. And as for Cody not loving Joe... he does. He just doesn't know it yet. :P