Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

A Summer Love

Damn it Mark, the one thing I wasn't expecting was for the faucets on my face to start leaking :( I'm not good at all at goodbyes. What can I tell ya, I'm a fool for stuff like that! :wub:

Edited by Rush
Damn it Mark, the one thing I wasn't expecting was for the faucets on my face to start leaking :( I'm not good at all at goodbyes. What can I tell ya, I'm a fool for stuff like that! :wub:

I'm with you. I hate goodbyes.

YIKES! Again Mark! That chapter was so good! I have a feeling Marcel is going to try and make Max forget about Lark! I'm glad him and JP are parting in good standing though. I still hate to see them pull apart... what a foolish romantic I am!!! :wub:

YIKES! Again Mark! That chapter was so good! I have a feeling Marcel is going to try and make Max forget about Lark! I'm glad him and JP are parting in good standing though. I still hate to see them pull apart... what a foolish romantic I am!!! :wub:

Romantic? Yes. Foolish? Absolutely not.

I'm beginning to like Marcel a lot more now - in reality I wasn't happy with his relationship with JP, and I hope it stays as friendhship instead.

In chapter 7 when Stef and Greg are talking on the boat about someone not being really good for them I don't understand who they are talking about.

Thanks Mark

I'm beginning to like Marcel a lot more now - in reality I wasn't happy with his relationship with JP, and I hope it stays as friendhship instead.

In chapter 7 when Stef and Greg are talking on the boat about someone not being really good for them I don't understand who they are talking about.

Thanks Mark

I re-read Chapter 7 and can't quite figure out what you're asking. Can you cut and paste the section here, and I'll let you know what was on my mind. Sorry if I was confusing.

Thanks Mark

Terpi, you misread, that was Stef and Marcel holding hands, while Greg was pretending not to listen...

Mark, I've been reading this one with as much anticipation as Be Rad and MiM....and I keep, eagerly, awaiting each chapter. The relationships you build in these are just so intricately woven that you can't help but see them as real, living human beings.

The latest in our CAP Soap Opera is now online. If you've read it, you know that it is set in 1991, and that it has a new narrator, Marcel.

Really enjoying the latest installment of the series, but I do miss the involvement of the other charecters, Brad, Robbie, Ace, etc... I have to admit I just don't find Marcel quite as interesting as the core group. While I do enjoy the view from his perspective, I miss the interplay between the more original group. I am really glad that Max is coming back into the story line but I hate that Lark hasn't resolved any of his issues it seems.

As always the writing is first rate...

:o

I go away for a weekend & find 3 chapters posted! :lol:

Well, that was a roller coaster and a half, from Russian revolution & hookups to Marcel's cabin boy with benefits. It's like Dynasty without the shoulder-pads! :P

I think Marcel & Max would make the perfect couple though, as long as Max could get over his dependency on the shit-head Lark. The chemistry seems to be there in spades, so will be interesting to see where this goes.

Was glad to see JP grovel for once, I think that's a first in the whole series. But whilst his behavior was usual for him, it doesn't necessarily make it ok.

Well done Mark. Excellent as always. :worship::worship:

• Like 1
Was glad to see JP grovel for once, I think that's a first in the whole series. But whilst his behavior was usual for him, it doesn't necessarily make it ok.

Stef said it best: he's an emotional neophyte. But he tries.

Three excellent chapters, Mark! :worship::worship:

I hope Marcel realizes that getting Pete out of his shell is not the same as getting him out of his clothes. :P Then again, it might help. :D

So Max is back in the story. :wub: Marcel was really good for him, particularly when Marcel talked to him about Lou. I'm not convinced that Max will get what he needs from his parents right now. I'd rather see him with Brad, Marcel and Steph. I'm not surprised that Robbie was being positive about Marcel and Max getting together. I'm hoping Robbie doesn't have another 'episode' of insecurity. It would br great to have Brad in the story for a bit. :wub:

I agree that Lark needs to straighten himself out. He's behaving poorly. That chore would somehow involve Brad too.

Hmm what to say....I don't care for marcel, for some reason i got it stuck in my head that he's nothing like robbie...i duno i got them as seperate beings not almost twins lol.

And i duno if i said it before or not, but WOW i know we like the sex and stuff it's just the writing besides the sex is way more atractive to be at this point in time, with the financials the school, the who looks after who, family gatherings, Drama, etc. The random sex with pete....hmm Marcel is totaly a SLUT haha i duno i just don't like the sterotyp of gays, i'm totaly with max in the not rushing things at all, and i totaly got it in my mind that max is totaly hotttt lol.

Anyway Great Read.

I have to agree, Marcel seems to be a bit of a slut...or a sex addict...but for Max to keep letting Lark back in at this point in time just isn't right anymore. Marcel, aside from saying he's f**king one of the teachers at the university, just wants his love and companionship, he doesn't need his money like Lark does.

Nope. Cell phones were pretty rare in 1991. It was much more common for someone to have a car phone.

Man, Arbour. These young whippersnappers today born around 1990...just can't imagine a world without the ubitious cell phone. Why, I remember back in my day, if you wanted to talk to a friend, two tin cans and a piece of string would do...and there weren't such things as fancy IPods...for music...we had to use this device called the Victrola. And children has RESPECT for their elders, as well, unlike these madcap hooligans I see running around on my front lawn or over at the mall! Kids these days...

Okay, away from my old man rant, I like Marcel. Quite a lot. He's the Hayes family member who's a lot like Stefan. I feel like this is kinda akin to the Land Whore.

Edited by methodwriter85

great last two chapters..definitely a roller coaster of emotions. i gotta agree with some of the other guys Marcel does remind me a lot of Stefan back in the Land Whore...plus the fact that he's a Hayes..makes it much more interesting. hopefully max will figure things out and things will work out between him and marcel.

thanks again mark for sharing your remarkable writing talent :)

I'm inclined to give Max a break on this one.

Yes, his note to Marcel was definitely a "blow off". So if that's the charge, Max is guilty. When it comes to sentencing, however, I'd put him on probation, no jail time. :D

Max woke up that morning, no longer drunk or stoned, and realized he had been betrayed by someone purporting to be his friend. Marcel was well aware of Max's vulnerability over the Lark thing. Max had repeatedly told Marcel he didn't want to get f**ked. Marcel proceeded to seduce him anyway. And that's what it was, a seduction, plain and simple.

Marcel chose to get his rocks off instead of respecting his friend's emotional state. "Here, let me fix you with my dick!"

car phones?!? Victrola??? wow you guys are old....lol jk i still enjoy my days LP's, altough now...he's totaly in to satelight radio lol.

Kids these days are complete assholes...so to speak, little 6 year old kids with hit teachers, teachers end up fired. like wow i don't even want to rant right now about little kids and the Xbox's and PS3's that are perverting there mind. To support war and joing the army like has anyone heard of peace and love (l)

anyway post the NExt chapter already i'm hungry for more :D

car phones?!? Victrola??? wow you guys are old....lol jk i still enjoy my days LP's, altough now...he's totaly in to satelight radio lol.

Kids these days are complete assholes...so to speak, little 6 year old kids with hit teachers, teachers end up fired. like wow i don't even want to rant right now about little kids and the Xbox's and PS3's that are perverting there mind. To support war and joing the army like has anyone heard of peace and love (l)

anyway post the NExt chapter already i'm hungry for more :D

OK. It's up.

OK. It's up.

So it is, so it is...why does Lou remind me of Lark, or...Jason? (who was f**king Sam{?} back in Claremont in MiM when Robbie & Brad left to go back to whichever coast they were headed for) Lou and Lark should hook up with each other... :devil:

I hope Marcel keeps his wits about him, even if he thinks with his dick...I'd hate to see Lou screw things up for him when they're going so very well.

Blast it all lou!!! seriously so mad....why oh why didn't max do it!! i was sooo cheering for him!! now what happens...marcel is screwed by a gay-bar owner....how sad really....definatly a slut is all i gotta say now... And i really don't get it he's Fit but yet not that fit...which i'm so confused on his finess lol

Positive note he has a new friend, and can get ride of lou after a last f**k i guess....hopefully.... but anyway i think marcel needs a talking to by BRAD like Hello he staied with robbie, and i'm begining to miss the whole one on one situation....this sluttyness is just not for me i guess...maybe one day....

Anyway pumped for another chapter! tomorrow! sometime i guess! lol there always posted late at night for me so now i go to sleep!!

I believe the chapters have less writing in them as they progress i'm sure some take me like 15 min in the begining to read, and i love it. then i read these in 5 min and i feel deprived like i didn't get my fix.....hmm maybe i'll wait two days before i read lol.

How many Chapters is this Episode???

Anyway again Great Maddening read, making me pissed off from your work just makes you an awesome writer, because that's probably something like you intented. Anyway have a good Night!

MArk~

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..