Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

A Summer Love

It seems that we've gone full circle. Not a bad thing at all, though. Poor JP, he seems destined to lose everyone he loves. It'll be interesting to see how things develop between him and Marcel. Good to see that Brad and Robbie are doing well still. Keep up the good work.

The latest in our CAP Soap Opera is now online. If you've read it, you know that it is set in 1991, and that it has a new narrator, Marcel.

God, I missed Jeff's cooing! And he does it the same way his father did! Thanks, Mark! Thank you VERY much! :-)

One more thing... it's fine that the story goes on and I'll get used to a new narrator very quickly but if it is possible, I'd like more to keep in touch with Brad and Robbie as well - not only as a statistics of how many times they've had sex but more of their life story. Maybe sometimes the narrator can switch? ;-) I'll miss Brad's thoughts, he was very... close. And now when he's finally matured, he's gone from storytelling. Never mind, it's just this sentimental feeling, it will pass. :-)

Edited by paya
  • Like 1

Great title to this newest story in the series. Given that Marcel will be in Chicago come September, this will be a summer love. Will either of them be crushed when they have to part? I'm not worried about JP. I'm sure he'll fall in love with Marcel but he has the strength to let Marcel go. I'm not so sure about Marcel. Based on this chapter, he could fall hard.

Time will tell.

Tonto gone? :( I loved her character. No one can fill the void she has left.

I liked Mouse too. Sweet sweet man. :wub:

It is kinda wierd that Brad is no longer narrating. I hope he plays an active role in this story.

Steph is amazing. :wub:

Great title to this newest story in the series. Given that Marcel will be in Chicago come September, this will be a summer love. Will either of them be crushed when they have to part? I'm not worried about JP. I'm sure he'll fall in love with Marcel but he has the strength to let Marcel go. I'm not so sure about Marcel. Based on this chapter, he could fall hard.

Time will tell.

I liked Mouse too. Sweet sweet man. :wub:

It is kinda wierd that Brad is no longer narrating. I hope he plays an active role in this story.

Steph is amazing. :wub:

Well...I still like Mark's writing style, and the force he puts into the narrative style he uses, even with Marcel's POV.

But to skip Mouse's and Tonto's death's during the break was a little unforgivable--Tonto's funeral would have been a wonderful Roast of a person of great character and presence, I'm sure, and to just have Mouse fade out without so much as a goodbye was a terrible thing to do after all the abuse he grew up with. I'm actually crying about Mouse right now.... :(

Well...I still like Mark's writing style, and the force he puts into the narrative style he uses, even with Marcel's POV.

But to skip Mouse's and Tonto's death's during the break was a little unforgivable--Tonto's funeral would have been a wonderful Roast of a person of great character and presence, I'm sure, and to just have Mouse fade out without so much as a goodbye was a terrible thing to do after all the abuse he grew up with. I'm actually crying about Mouse right now.... :(

I'm sorry about that. I don't know...both events would have both been sad, and I just didn't want to be depressed. You're right, it may have been better, but in the end, this is easier on my psyche.

I have to agree about Mouse & Tonto, they were such pivotal figures in the series it seems a shame that they weren't given a proper send off. But I understand that the time frame has to move on.

Am not surprised with Marcel narrating this latest series, but a tad shocked with him & JP! lol. Where did that come from? I do feel it won't last, hence the aptly named Summer of Love I think. Still, look forward to this latest instalment, which came a hell of a lot quicker than I thought.

• Like 1

I think Greg is slowly developing into grousy Tonto style, maybe he could stand in for her :-)

• Like 1

Time will tell.

Who knows, perhaps JP will take an early retirement? I think Marcel is a very strong person, just hope that he doesn't "Play" too hard with guys at college, condoms are not 100% reliable!

Tonto was such a fun character, I think we'll all miss her grumpy ways.

When I started reading the chapter I had to go back and re-read it once I realized it was not Brad but Marcel talking. It's like a double take! LOL

Excellent chapter Mark. I think this was more about emotions than events & a horny boy of course! :lol: What I thought was perhaps an infatuation on Marcel's part with JP, is in fact the real thing! But I was right in what I said before, it really is only a summer thing. After that they both have to come to terms with the inevitability of what will happen, which in a way is very sad. I think this is going to be an emotional one boys & girls, better strap in, it's gonna be a bumpy ride! :P

I'm really enjoying the story and can't wait for Chapter 3 to be posted. When can we expect the next chapter, Mark? You got me hooked on this series. :D

Within the next few days. I've kind of shifted my focus to "The Gunroom," so "A Summer Love" will come along more slowly.

I'm sorry about that. I don't know...both events would have both been sad, and I just didn't want to be depressed. You're right, it may have been better, but in the end, this is easier on my psyche.

Now, Mark, nobody, I'm sure, ever told you that writing would be easy on the psyche.

BTW, Chap. 3 of Summer of Love was fantastic....nice to see that Stef's up to his usual "tricks" financially, and that Marcel seems to be getting on well with his brother and sister...I wonder why his brother smiled at the end?

The encounter between Marcel and Ace was an eye opener. It was pretty insightful on Marcel's part, I must say. So, Ace has anger issues. My first guess would be it's something around his biological father. I'm sure that everything Ace learned about him was all positve - positive to the point where he found living up to his father's standard somewhat daunting. I'm also thinking that he has a lot of guilt around his younger brother, Billy (now deceased). He's asking himself what he could have done differently, how could he have been a better brother and role model for Billy. This would also tie into his "father" issues. Guilt sucks. :thumbdown:

Guilt serves its purpose in causing us to change our ways, but anxiety-ridden guilt simply buries us. You can't change the past. You can only improve on what you're doing now. In my life, anyway, circumstances that I perceive as unfinished issues are in fact finished. I just didn't like the ending and no amount of replaying it in my head is going to change that.

Marcel really shined in this chapter.

If I were to take a stab at kjames' question, I would say Philippe is looking to get away from it all the way his half-brother did. Marcel's a potential meal ticket. I don't believe that's a bad thing. He'll need to ask, though....unless Marcel pulls a Brad/Steph thing and hauls his ass out of there. :wub: Yeah, Marcel's ready to give back too. Having $10 million will help. :D

I was surprised at Marcel confronting Ace like that, but the guy does seem to have a major chip on his shoulders about something. You may be right, it could have something to do with Billy dying in the way he did. Time will tell I guess.

It's cool that he bit the bullet & went to see his siblings as well, have a feeling he's going to put them through school, but with $10mill in the bank I think he can afford it! :lol:

Woo hoo, 500 posts. Apt it should be on here! :D

Edited by Sir Galahad
I was surprised at Marcel confronting Ace like that, but the guy does seem to have a major chip on his shoulders about something. You may be right, it could have something to do with Billy dying in the way he did. Time will tell I guess.

It's cool that he bit the bullet & went to see his siblings as well, have a feeling he's going to put them through school, but with $10mill in the bank I think he can afford it! :lol:

Woo hoo, 500 posts. Apt it should be on here! :D

I feel honored to have received your 500th post and gotten that cherry. :wub: And strangely satisfied too. :P

The latest in our CAP Soap Opera is now online. If you've read it, you know that it is set in 1991, and that it has a new narrator, Marcel.

I'm glad that the summer holidays are almost over already in chap. 4. :-) A summer is too short period of time for one Mark's story, so I'm looking forward to what he's prepared for us... ;-)

I'm glad that the summer holidays are almost over already in chap. 4. :-) A summer is too short period of time for one Mark's story, so I'm looking forward to what he's prepared for us... ;-)

LOL. Yeah, a summer love story that lasts five chapters....probably not something I'd write. It's the "after summer love" that probably will take up a few more pages.

Man, Mark, do I like your writing. Also, lard. :)

I will say, though, that your convention of not using contractions for the French-speaking characters makes me Sit Up In My Chair As I Read Because It Seems Very Formal. :P

Will there be lard in this story (or maybe Lark)? :wub:

Man, Mark, do I like your writing. Also, lard. :)

I will say, though, that your convention of not using contractions for the French-speaking characters makes me Sit Up In My Chair As I Read Because It Seems Very Formal. :P

Will there be lard in this story (or maybe Lark)? :wub:

In Chapter 6.

Am all out of cherries for this one, but will make sure I'm born again soon! :P

Great chapter, JP always seems to be in the thick of the action. Had an inkling when I saw the date that the coup was coming up, but wasn't sure 'til it happened.

I just don't understand why JP seems to be pushing Marcel away, he should be enjoying the remaining time not putting his defenses up. But i guess that's just the way he's always been, needs a kick up the ass. :D

It was also good of Marcel to get his brother that computer, they cost a lot of money back then, mind you, he has plenty. I remember the 486....makes me feel old! :lol:

I just don't understand why JP seems to be pushing Marcel away, he should be enjoying the remaining time not putting his defenses up. But i guess that's just the way he's always been, needs a kick up the ass. :D

That's just how he rolls. He doesn't want people to know what a softy he really is.

By the way, I'm really enjoying this story. I have only one complaint. I have heard nothing about Brad's son. :/

heartbreaking chapter....goodbyes are always the hardest. i think JP as usual is just putting up his shield. poor marcel he's fallen really hard. hopefully he'll get through it and find some happiness ...can't wait for what happens next...thanks mark..awesome chapter. :D

It took me a while to get round to reading the CAP series but I'm glad that I finally did. I couldn't "put it down" I was so involved with the characters.

Thanks for this latest chapter, it gave me something good to read this morning. Kep up the good work.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..