Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Changing Lanes, Chapter 40

:o I feel bad they still don't know about Jim and Linda, and now Jansen and Eric will probably be held ransom or killed. Crosses fingers that Jansen and Eric will survive.

Still declares a cliffhanger ;)

Edited by Drewbie

I agree with Drew about the cliffhanger.

I hope no one dies. Well, I don't care about the Scar and his henchmen. It seems the Jetta is likely to become ground zero of a gun battle.

Gosh who's drawing straws?

30 people at the resort?

thats five trips with two hanging on the roof

They might as well all walk and shorten the distance.

Traffic can't stay like that for long.

But gosh what a stituation :angry:

with bad guys - its six armed vs rpg and ak47

thats not much??

so what they gonna do - ahhh eric and the strippers will distract them :blink:

I get a feeling that Helen will die for real this time. Either her or Jane. I dunno why, I just get that feeling.

Awesome chapter, as per usual!

Just wondering, how many chapters will this story have(presuming you either know for sure or have an estimate)?

Btw, I always laugh whenever the Scar speaks. He's so dramatic! "We shall look." (maybe that's just hilarious and dramatic to me?) I love him. He needs to die, but I still love him, lol. :lol:

Edited by Pai-kun
It's four, not six; two have deserted. One of the four can't fire a rifle.

B) ..........

I think the Scar may be in for a surprise he didn't expect, the mercenaries are going to desert him at the drop of a hat seeing the impending doom. Yuri has to wonder the reality, going in to check dead peoples pockets for the Scars behalf and consider if 'living or dying' is really worth it. Yuri has already calculated the risk of confronting Felicia's squad. How long will his loyalty last? Speaking of Felicia, I'm sure she will secure the airport for her forces and then that of the Generals people out of devotion to love.

CLIFFHANGER!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

• Site Administrator

Well thanks for the chapter CJ :worship: . I see you decided to make up for all the chapters that may not have had cliffhangers by giving us many this one. :P

So I have some ideas, and I'll put them out, but be forewarned, spoilers below, without the spoiler blackout.

First, Helen and the General are on the way down the road to the resort where the one henchman is waiting in the parking lot. I imagine the two are going to have an interesting arrival when the henchman realizes the only car in the area suddenly pulls up. I would think that his primary focus will be on liberating the car for The Scar and his cohorts.

Second, I'm really worried about Yuri searching the bodies. What will they find and especially on Jim? I looked over Chapter 37 multiple times and can't see the major clue that CJ eludes to. The most I can come up with is that Yuri might recognize the truck as being the one that nearly hit him on that dark night. Then, if they were hiding near the storage unit place, he might notice the rubber marks on the pavement showing him which unit the bombs are in.

The only thing I can't figure out is how they can open the unit. Jim gave the padlock key to Helen, which he could possibly have a second copy of on himself. But the electronic scan card he put into his wallet and then with the look that Helen gave him, he surrendered it over to her, so I can't see Yuri finding the key card on Jim.

I imagine though if Yuri and The Scar find the unit, a few gun rounds will release the locks anyways.

One other point, with the General and Helen making their way back to the resort, is it really going to help anyone? What is a Jetta and 30 some people going to do? It is not like they can race to the north side of the island and come back for the next group. Not with the gridlock on the roads and all.

Okay, here is my final guess. CJ has said that their will be no sequel. Would it be totally implausible for CJ to have The Scar, Yuri, and everyone else with the bombs when the slide happens and the all slide into the ocean with the bombs? It would be hard to write a sequel with everyone dead :P .

So keep your fingers crossed Conner, there might be a giant pool party with everyone all together......in the ocean :lol: .

Steve B)

PS Did anyone else like the way The Scar used his friendly persuasion?

B) ..........

I think the Scar may be in for a surprise he didn't expect, the mercenaries are going to desert him at the drop of a hat seeing the impending doom. Yuri has to wonder the reality, going in to check dead peoples pockets for the Scars behalf and consider if 'living or dying' is really worth it. Yuri has already calculated the risk of confronting Felicia's squad. How long will his loyalty last? Speaking of Felicia, I'm sure she will secure the airport for her forces and then that of the Generals people out of devotion to love.

I forgot where Fel was during all this time... sure hope the score gets settled easier ...

ok so its 3 vs 3 - so I still doubt we'll see scar run home to mummy!!

So keep your fingers crossed Conner, there might be a giant pool party with everyone all together......in the ocean :lol: .

Steve B)

I don't like salt water pool parties, thank you very much. :P

It dries out the skin....skin should always be moist...and luxurious...pliable....tantalizing...responsive...

excuse me, I got to go...

The best part was Eric taking his shirt off! :wub::D See, it doesn't take much to please me. 0:)

Thanks, CJ! :worship::worship:

Thanks Conner!

IMHO, Eric has been shirted much to often. LoL

B) ..........

Good point... Yuri has got to be wondering, especially after he became aware the Scar was ordering him to do two things at once. LoL

But... Cliffhanger??? It's not a cliffhanger! :P

Well thanks for the chapter CJ :worship: . I see you decided to make up for all the chapters that may not have had cliffhangers by giving us many this one. :P

So I have some ideas, and I'll put them out, but be forewarned, spoilers below, without the spoiler blackout.

First, Helen and the General are on the way down the road to the resort where the one henchman is waiting in the parking lot. I imagine the two are going to have an interesting arrival when the henchman realizes the only car in the area suddenly pulls up. I would think that his primary focus will be on liberating the car for The Scar and his cohorts.

Second, I'm really worried about Yuri searching the bodies. What will they find and especially on Jim? I looked over Chapter 37 multiple times and can't see the major clue that CJ eludes to. The most I can come up with is that Yuri might recognize the truck as being the one that nearly hit him on that dark night. Then, if they were hiding near the storage unit place, he might notice the rubber marks on the pavement showing him which unit the bombs are in.

The only thing I can't figure out is how they can open the unit. Jim gave the padlock key to Helen, which he could possibly have a second copy of on himself. But the electronic scan card he put into his wallet and then with the look that Helen gave him, he surrendered it over to her, so I can't see Yuri finding the key card on Jim.

I imagine though if Yuri and The Scar find the unit, a few gun rounds will release the locks anyways.

One other point, with the General and Helen making their way back to the resort, is it really going to help anyone? What is a Jetta and 30 some people going to do? It is not like they can race to the north side of the island and come back for the next group. Not with the gridlock on the roads and all.

Okay, here is my final guess. CJ has said that their will be no sequel. Would it be totally implausible for CJ to have The Scar, Yuri, and everyone else with the bombs when the slide happens and the all slide into the ocean with the bombs? It would be hard to write a sequel with everyone dead :P .

Steve B)

PS Did anyone else like the way The Scar used his friendly persuasion?

I will confirm that there is a major clue to what's going on now and in 41, back in 37. You're warm, Wildone, very warm.

Yep, given one Jetta, plus the possibility of The Scar and company "borrowing" it, we do have a slight problem, what with the volcanic situation and all. How long until it blows? Could be any minute now, according to the vulcanologists, or a couple of days, who knows?

huh. frightening situation, that.

It's just "ever so slightly tense", as we say around this forum. ;)

Thanks Conner!

IMHO, Eric has been shirted much to often. LoL

Good point... Yuri has got to be wondering, especially after he became aware the Scar was ordering him to do two things at once. LoL

But... Cliffhanger??? It's not a cliffhanger! :P

I will confirm that there is a major clue to what's going on now and in 41, back in 37. You're warm, Wildone, very warm.

Yep, given one Jetta, plus the possibility of The Scar and company "borrowing" it, we do have a slight problem, what with the volcanic situation and all. How long until it blows? Could be any minute now, according to the vulcanologists, or a couple of days, who knows?

It's just "ever so slightly tense", as we say around this forum. ;)

To answer that I have to understand the reason why Jim would have the receipts of the storage yard other then he was the driver here. Didn't Helen have everything in control? Maybe Jim has the receipt from the storage facility, but I can't see her relinquishing it in light of the monies paid out by the band.

To answer that I have to understand the reason why Jim would have the receipts of the storage yard other then he was the driver here. Didn't Helen have everything in control? Maybe Jim has the receipt from the storage facility, but I can't see her relinquishing it in light of the monies paid out by the band.

I'm right on the boarderline of what I can say here... <looks around nervously for the Echidna>.

Okay, I think I can say what has been in the posted text;

Jim pulled down the door and added his own padlock before engaging the main lock with a swipe of his keycard. Slipping the keycard back into his wallet, next to the storage unit
  • Site Administrator
You're warm, Wildone, very warm.

:o Not sure if I like the idea of you telling me I'm getting warm especially when we're talking about an active volcano :blink:

• Site Administrator
However, I'll mention that I've got a story in the anthology, assuming the Anthology-Coordinator-Echidna does not change his mind and bounce it; It's called "First to the Sun". I will warn that I was quite drunk on tequila when I wrote it, and it's... different.

CJ :)

Didn't you write another anthology whilst drunk and the devil's nectar?

Man, do you drink that stuff like water :lol:

Man, do you drink that stuff like water :lol:

:lol: ..........Actually Eric wrote it!! And hummmm, Tequila is not bad!! :P

• Site Administrator

Hi did -- Three for Jake.

He's promised to turn that into another novel, too :D

• Site Administrator
Hi did -- Three for Jake.

He's promised to turn that into another novel, too :D

Ohhh!! Calling the goat out are we?? :lol:

So, maybe he got drunk on tequila the other night so he could get the first chapter done B)

Well, the goat has us hanging again. I think he has developed a taste for blood and will certainly kill everyone by the end of the book...unless the Chupacabra gets him first. (The chupacabra is a mythical being that can suck the blood and guts out of a goat. The name literaly translate to goat sucker. It is said to hunt in Mexico and the American South West. I wonder what it would think of a goat marinated in tequila.) What's the point of saving anyone if there is no sequel? The end is near!!!

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..