New NBC Show - Merlin, starts June 21

• Site Administrator

I'm sure there will be fanfictions to that effect. I need to get a hold of Allen. ;)

After all, this is the first time that Merlin and Arthur are the same age...

I'm sure there will be fanfictions to that effect. I need to get a hold of Allen. ;)

Wow Myr!

That's like three posts from you in one day...one's even a new topic. You feeling frisky or something? :P

• Site Administrator

Unless this is series two, it's been showing in Australia since the start of May. I missed the first episode, unfortunately, but I've seen the rest (so far) and I'm really enjoying it.

It's not completely true to the legend, but it's intriguing. I can certainly recommend it :D (The boys have been told that they have to be quiet while Daddy's favourite show is on -- 6:30pm on Sunday nights, here).

• Site Administrator

Anything Merlin-related tends to be near and dear to my heart any way ;)

And :P to Mark.

Myr

I love this show. I've been on pins and needles for series 2, which is supposed to start this fall on the BBC.

Don't watch it for the historical accuracy, you'll tear your hair out. But it's great entertainment.

:D It's a very large and prolific fandom. *whistles* ;)

Yeah, have posted the link for it 4 or 5 posts up! :)

So NBC is just filling the summer time by paying the BBC for it.

If the audience in the USA starts to really love it

how is NBC going to get the actors back who moved on?

Start to get look a likes??

Use ILM magic and graphically put the face on a different actor

Now we're at the age of instant actors

just get the similar voice

ahh is this different than the merlin snl type commerical on sci-fi channel?

It started off as a bit Harry Potter ish as the wizard visited the wizard in trainings room

then went Merlin after that.

• Site Administrator
ahh is this different than the merlin snl type commerical on sci-fi channel?

It started off as a bit Harry Potter ish as the wizard visited the wizard in trainings room

then went Merlin after that.

I don't know the show you're referring to, but I think I can say it's different. Merlin is not 'out' as a wizard, because Uther Pendragron (Arthur's father) has banned all sorcery from Camelot. Using sorcery or witchcraft is grounds for execution.

Most Arthurian legends start after Uther's death (where the sword in the stone is to determine the next king). This series is set in the period while Uther is still alive and still king. Arthur is his only son (at least the only one I've seen referenced in the show so far) and Morgana is his ward.