That was so much fun... NOT

Myr

OK, I think I figured out the answers to my own questions:

1. The censoring software still works. f**k.

2. "View New Content" is the same as "View New Posts"

3. "Mark Board as Read" is in small print at the bottom.

Guess it pays to explore first, then ask questions.

View New Content isn't the same, because it doesn't give them in time preference. If you click it now for example, this thread won't be anywhere near the top. However, if you go to the main forum page, just above the active user list click "Today's active content", that does the same as View New Posts. All work in progress I guess, I'm quite happy to wait. :D

• Site Administrator

Actually, The "View New Content" is the content that is New to you. If you've already read it, it shouldn't show up in the list...

• Like 1

Actually, The "View New Content" is the content that is New to you. If you've already read it, it shouldn't show up in the list...

Ahhh, I get it now; handy. :) Thanks.

And the "Today's active content" button will give you the latest postings regardless.....cool. :D

I don't envy you the barrage of questions coming your way, good luck with that! :hug:

Ahhh, I get it now; handy. :) Thanks.

And the "Today's active content" button will give you the latest postings regardless.....cool. :D

I don't envy you the barrage of questions coming your way, good luck with that! :hug:

See. I was right and you were wrong. :P

Does anyone know what this reputation thing is on the profile page? Oh, and the status tag as well?

It's an indicator of how slutty you are. Don't worry though, Galahad's got you beat. :D

Bravo Myr! :music: It was an amazing job to get all of this done in just one day (not even).

As for the bugs, you'll work them out and take your time. You've done so much already, that you do deserve a break!

Oh and... I promise not to break anything 0:)

Now what does this button do....

Edit to add: Found another bug... it won't update the about me picture :ph34r: I didn't do it!!!!

I'm loiving the layout. Still new enough not to have got too used to the old one so this is not such a head full. Fun fun fun

Thanks for all the hard work... I know what a nightmare it can be

Upgrading the forums was more fun that I can possible describe.

I'm still bug hunting, so you can expect to see a few.

Awesome work, Myr! It's looking good! B)

But if it's that much fun, perhaps you should let one of the other Admins have a go when 4.0 comes out! :P

• Like 1

amazing work Myr, bravo

you've given us more playground real estate

I just ended a year and a half upgrade to a web site, it was supposed to be a 6 month job...so I know the fun of which you speak... :blink:

take a break and enjoy the weekend,

your hard work is greatly appreciated

As before, you will find a small icon next to the topic title. Click it and it will take you to the first unread reply.

Um... no.

I'm talking about the 'view posts since your last visit' button, which has apparently mutated into 'view new content' (that shows all content in order of it's latest 'bump', not just new stuff).

Edit: OK, now that I've manually gone through and clicked every forum as 'visited' the view new content list shows... nothing, like it should. I just had to tell the forum 'yes, I've seen this stuff before' (or rather, i don't care about the stuff from 10 years ago :D )

Um... no.

I'm talking about the 'view posts since your last visit' button, which has apparently mutated into 'view new content' (that shows all content in order of it's latest 'bump', not just new stuff).

Edit: OK, now that I've manually gone through and clicked every forum as 'visited' the view new content list shows... nothing, like it should. I just had to tell the forum 'yes, I've seen this stuff before' (or rather, i don't care about the stuff from 10 years ago :D )

Look waaay down at the bottom of the page, you will see "mark board as read" - that covers the whole enchilada.

• Site Moderator

Um... no.

I just had to tell the forum 'yes, I've seen this stuff before' (or rather, i don't care about the stuff from 10 years ago :D )

This type thing happens when a forum software is updated. The new software doesn't know you've read everything. So you have to tell it.

Look waaay down at the bottom of the page, you will see "mark board as read" - that covers the whole enchilada.

But then I still have to go through, forum by forum, to find all the posts that occurred between update and now :P

But then I still have to go through, forum by forum, to find all the posts that occurred between update and now :P

meh. deal with it, whiner, at least you still have a forum to look at.. I have no chat! (pouts and stamps his foot in typical tantrum fashion)

meh. deal with it, whiner, at least you still have a forum to look at.. I have no chat! (pouts and stamps his foot in typical tantrum fashion)

Well, had not have...

and as far as chat goes, that's what God created telephones for! :D

I like it. not Sure I like the going to someone's name and send PM window that pops up, but that can easily be avoided by just clicking send new message. Did anyone else go through their inbox and notice you can't respond to any of the messages that were there from the old software?

Also, any chance of getting an archive old messages button back or did i completely miss where that is at?

Other than that, great job, and i'm not really complaining, honest innocent.gif

Linxe

I like it. not Sure I like the going to someone's name and send PM window that pops up, but that can easily be avoided by just clicking send new message. Did anyone else go through their inbox and notice you can't respond to any of the messages that were there from the old software?

Also, any chance of getting an archive old messages button back or did i completely miss where that is at?

Other than that, great job, and i'm not really complaining, honest innocent.gif

Linxe

You can to some of the older ones, but myr did say this in a pinned topic (showed up in every subforum uptop) if the message is 6 months older it gets deleted or won't work . Archive button is gone but might get put on if the software people add it in the a update patch..

Edited by Drewbie
  • Like 1