Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Happy Anniversary (to me)

One year ago today I posted my first story, "Chronicles of an Academic Predator," here at GA. Since then, I've posted a shitload of stories, gained hosted status, and made a bunch of friends. So I figured to celebrate we'd have a "readingpalooza" this weekend. There are two new chapters posted (one each of Bloodlines and Master and Commander) and there will be two more posted tomorrow.

Thanks to all of you for your support and friendship. If you didn't read my stories, it would be no fun to write them.

• Like 2

One year ago today I posted my first story, "Chronicles of an Academic Predator," here at GA. Since then, I've posted a shitload of stories, gained hosted status, and made a bunch of friends. So I figured to celebrate we'd have a "readingpalooza" this weekend. There are two new chapters posted (one each of Bloodlines and Master and Commander) and there will be two more posted tomorrow.

Thanks to all of you for your support and friendship. If you didn't read my stories, it would be no fun to write them.

:worship: Congrats for this anniversary :worship:

I like not only your stories, but even more your posts and blogs.

And BTW, your political opinions (as it seems to me) are not so far from mine :great: .

But just a question :

I see that you joined GA allready in February 2005, with a long silence till 2008. Why waiting so long till posting your first story ? :blink:

Long life to you and your stories !

Oops wacko.gif

Trying to figure this out - anyway:

Congratulations on your aniversary.

I started reading "Chronicles of an Academic Predator," on nifty, and I haven't stopped reading your stories. One after the other. Of course once I caught up to where you were writing, I couldn't read five or six chapters a day. I am always waiting for the next chapter.

History is a favorite of mine, and of course the sea. I will be looking forward to the two chapters tomorrow. Before or after the Patriot's game.

You have done a fantastic job, and always keep me guessing as to what will happen next.

Keep up all the good work that you have been doing, keeping us entertained.

Thank you. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Congratulations Marco!!! Your stories were one of the very first ones I found on the net and from the very first chapter I read I was hooked! Then I 'met' you and got along quite well with you. Your points of view on so many issues are quite similar to mine. As they say, Great Minds Think Alike!!! :P Next month will be my first anniversary on GA!!

Luv Ya babe!!!

Thanks Everyone!

I like not only your stories, but even more your posts and blogs.

And BTW, your political opinions (as it seems to me) are not so far from mine :great: .

But just a question :

I see that you joined GA allready in February 2005, with a long silence till 2008. Why waiting so long till posting your first story ? :blink:

Long life to you and your stories !

My posts and blog sometimes get me in trouble, but I'm glad you like them. I feel that similarity as well, as I usually (I've learned to never say always) agree with you and your points of view. I guess that makes me Eurocentric, a badge of honor for an American liberal.

I took a lengthy sabbatical from GA. I think I was gone for 1-2 years, but I forget the exact length of time. There was period when it wasn't real nice around here, when dark forces (Kitty, ahem) took over and dominated the site. Rather than end up permanently banned, I opted to take a vacation. It was good for me, and while I was gone, Myr turned this place around, brought on a new Admin team, and added a good moderator or two. To use an analogy, it was like leaving a home where my mother was beating my father up constantly, and the abuse was just toxic. When I came back, it was like the old bitch had died and the rest of the family was reborn.

Oops wacko.gif

Trying to figure this out - anyway:

Congratulations on your aniversary.

I started reading "Chronicles of an Academic Predator," on nifty, and I haven't stopped reading your stories. One after the other. Of course once I caught up to where you were writing, I couldn't read five or six chapters a day. I am always waiting for the next chapter.

History is a favorite of mine, and of course the sea. I will be looking forward to the two chapters tomorrow. Before or after the Patriot's game.

You have done a fantastic job, and always keep me guessing as to what will happen next.

Keep up all the good work that you have been doing, keeping us entertained.

Thank you. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Those empty posts are frustrating, no? The software upgrade ended up making stuff easier, but only after you get used to it. I'm glad you liked the stories and that CAP hooked you. I go back and re-read it every once in awhile just to get in touch with my roots. :lol:

Congrats, Mark! :worship::2thumbs:

Actually, I was stunned reading your post. You have accomplished so much in only a year. Truly amazing!

What I want to know is are you ever going to let Sharon take a holiday! :lol:

It's been a frenetic pace, that's for sure. I don't know what it was, but I think in the end I just found a release with writing. That tells you how frustrated I've been. :D

Sharon hates vacations. She's a workaholic. No rest, work work work all the time. And she loves it. I'm convinced that if she doesn't have three of four chapters in the queue waiting to be edited, she's depressed and lonely. :P At least that's what I tell myself. :D

We are not worthy.

Bryan

Not true. You guys are awesome.

As they say, Great Minds Think Alike!!! :P Next month will be my first anniversary on GA!!

Luv Ya babe!!!

They do say that, and they're right. I love you too!

Well, I must admit that I hadn't been reading the CAP series a year ago. However, once I started reading I was hooked and did not stop. Of course, I had to go back and read earlier ones. And now it's safe to say that I'm hooked. :P

Same to you! I've been reading "Dangerous Liaisons" when I'm not keeping Sharon busy and I really like it! wub.gif

Thank you. I enjoy reading and writing in equal measure, and it's all I seem to be doing these days. I have no life guys... thanks for supplying one... lots :)

Happy Birthday! :D

I found CAP at nifty, there was a story with some 20 chapters, so I started reading day after day some five or six chapters and then I realized that the number of chapters is still growing - I said to myself "wow that guy really writes quickly..." :D then there were no other chapters at nifty but a notice about the yahoo group... so I joined and found the rest of CAP, 1968, The Land Whore and maybe Be Rad in progress! :blink::D Well I don't remember that accurately because the chapters were still coming and I know that I managed to keep up in the middle of Be Rad! :D But then the whole new era began - I couldn't just go on reading if some twist in the plot kept me glued to the screen, I had to WAIT! till the next chapter was released... :wacko: So while waiting, I started to think about the story and what you want to do with it... ;) And I also grew attached to the characters as well!

But what I really appreciate, your stories helped me to find GA with a whole bunch of a brand new sort of friends and for this I'm really grateful! ;)

Sharon hates vacations. She's a workaholic. No rest, work work work all the time. And she loves it. I'm convinced that if she doesn't have three of four chapters in the queue waiting to be edited, she's depressed and lonely. tongue.gif At least that's what I tell myself. biggrin.gif

Uh huh...

Congratulations and thank you for dedicating so much of your time to keeping us entertained. I first read "A Summer Love" just after it was completed, and then went back and read the CAP series from the beginning to find out more about all the characters. I have loved the entire series, and just when I think you've posted the best story ever, you start a new one and it's even better than the last.

Congratulations and thank you for dedicating so much of your time to keeping us entertained. I first read "A Summer Love" just after it was completed, and then went back and read the CAP series from the beginning to find out more about all the characters. I have loved the entire series, and just when I think you've posted the best story ever, you start a new one and it's even better than the last.

Thanks! I'm glad you liked them!

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..