Embarrassing TV shows that you like

HA!...like I'd ever admit that Cartoon Network is the default channel on my TV....no siree

(wait, you just gave it away)

(oh yea...you're right...)

B)...........hehehe!! Ok, kinda of close, I used to watch anime on early mornings while I fed my baby daughter her breakfast, especially on Saturday mornings. We had the time and I'd take her with me to go garage-sailing as we called it. Going to yard sales on Saturday.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see, my past indiscretions with Live action TV:

Drake and Josh

Kenan and Kel

Charmed (Don't kill me, but I just love seeing a group of girls kick ass)

Xena (I might not be a lesbian, but I really love the wacky storylines)

The OC

Summerland

The original 90210 (I saw re-reruns)

Queer as folk (Saw re-runs)

Cartoons:

Spngebob (He's a yellow sponge who works at the underwater equivalent of McDonalds and has a pink colored friend, who I think is really just code for boyfriend :P . It's almost a surrealistic example of reality.)

Fairly odd parents (It's funny and embarrassing)

Catdog (Still don't understand why I like it)

Rugrats

My current indiscretions:

One tree hill (I was hooked by the high melodrama)

Gossip girl (Guys are somewhat hot)

Supernatural (More eye candy and plot might be decent if they just let slash writers in)

Don't like any cartoons made presently, not enough satire and rely on too many gags.

My number 1 embarrassing TV fix:

As the World Turns

I'm a sucker for gay couples.

I love Drake and Josh, Spongebob Squarepants, Fairly Odd Parents, and just about anything else on Nickelodeon. I don't really watch Disney shows except with my brothers (I swear they only do it because the girls are pretty to look at O_O )

I'm also "forced" ( ;) ) to watch Blues Clues and Little Bear with my baby brother. And Clean House is just a crush I have temporarily. :mellow:

Other than that, I don't watch a lot of television. I feel so ashamed when everyone talks about the latest show and I'm confused, but they really don't appeal to me.

I enjoyed Battlestar Galactica but I wasn't ashamed of it. The writing was good. There isn't much I currently care for. Fast Forward may have potential but I'm still waiting for the writing to go south and for it to be canceled without notice like Surface or Jericho- before the story line is complete.

Remember Space Above & Beyond? Great premise. Decent writing and a time slot up against Sunday night football and their best demographic. Canceled before the story arc was complete after 2nd season.

Surface had potential but they aborted it. Jericho was excellent but they aborted it too after the writers screwed the pooch by making up a ridiculous evil government conspiracy to nuke itself. Let's see- the Chinese? no. the Iranians? no the North Koreans? no It was the evil bald headed government man! HORSE SHIT!

Network shows or I should say shows made by networks often lack a few things: good writing, a plot, characters you give a damn about. Their comedies are not very funny once you are over 16.

They are mass produced as cheaply as possible and, most of the time it shows.

I try to look at the crap but it disgusts me because I know that it can be so much better if they don't produce it like a sausage factory: throw a bunch of pieces/parts together, grind it and... *profit*.

Awww...who could blame you for drooling over Luke and Noah? :P

The new storyline involving Damien Grimaldi is making me twitchy, what is that SOB up to?

If he tries to send Luke to a Conversion Camp again, I'm going to kill the writers and replace them with manatees. :P

kill the writers and replace them with manatees. :P

God knows it would be an improvement over the pure, unadulterated bullshit that it seems is all the screenwriters guild is capable of these days.

*GASP* You really have not seen the most wonderful show on the planet? I mean, all the other shows mention are okay but you guys are missing a part of your soul if you haven't watched this show on Cartoon Network:

The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack

Captain K'nuckles: Flapjack! What did I say about usin' your eyeballs?

Flapjack: [close-up of Flapjack's enlarged, innocent-looking eyes] Wha'?

Captain K'nuckles: Every time you look at somethin', everything else gets jealous. Now, go apologize to everything!

Flapjack: [covers eyes] Oh, my goodness... [walks towards random objects with eyes still covered] I am so sorry. Please forgive me.

Other Episode:

Ugly Shipmate #1: Hey, he was cleanin' ships, now, he's cleanin' boots! We got a bone to pick with you!

Flapjack: Oh, no! Did I miss a spot?!

Ugly Shipmate #1: Did he miss a spot, haha! Miss... ha, so cute, THAT'S THE PROBLEM! You didn't miss any spots!

Ugly Shipmate #2: We can't even look at our ship without seeing our own reflections!

Ugly Shipmate #3: And we don't like what we see!

Ugly Shipmate #4: How am I supposed to work... [points to self] lookin' at THIS?

Ugly Shipmate #5: You even made Dashing Danny cry!

Dashing Danny: [turns around revealing a baby morphing out of his back] [sobbing] I'm... hideous...

Flapjack: I'm sorry, friends...

Ugly Shipmate #1: Friends?! We're not friends! We're... enemies! [echo] Enemies! Enemies! Enemies![Flapjack smiles ecstatically at the fact he now has enemies]