first time you do in the morning

Breathe? Open my eyes? Yell at the annoying voice coming from the door and giving me long lists of things I need to do that day? First voluntary and non-reflexive action (well, it's debatable) is I turn over, grab my computer case, open it, take out my computer and hit my bookmarks? Addicted? Hell yes! I love it.

//shadows

I curse the Yellow Face for coming through the window and waking me up. I could sleep all day if it wasn't for the sun.

Actually, I have to take a shower right away. It's the only thing that really makes me alert, since my stomach can't handle coffee.

Val

Well since I work nights, I kinda so things in reverse. First thing in the morning I go to sleep!

If you mean first thing after I wake up, it's Brush my teeth, shower and drink coffee :D

C

First thing I do when I wake up at 1 pm because the neighbors

are hammering or playing booming music, is curse them and turn

on the radio next to my bed with static noise, so loud that it makes

it easy to concentrate on that instead. I also turn on a ventilator

that makes contact with my bed, making it rumble, so that I only

hear that when I press my ear in the pillow.

When I wake up around 4 pm, it's time to get out of bed, and the first

thing I do sit behind PC, often even before opening the curtains--

check if I'm still connected to IRC and whether or not anything was said

during the 'night' that concerned me, read email... etc. Breakfast comes

much later, like 7 pm.

Aleric

It lasts exactly 10 minutes according to the timer... but who says I'm finished before I go turn it off again? Hmm, I'd like to see what Snow Dog comes up with. Just remember, it was Mark who volunteered your expertise.)

Dom the smart ass.

It lasts exactly 10 minutes according to the timer... but who says I'm finished before I go turn it off again? Hmm, I'd like to see what Snow Dog comes up with. Just remember, it was Mark who volunteered your expertise.)

Dom the smart ass.

He'll be surprised. Usually I don't offer to share his expertise. :D

Dom the smart ass.

He'll be surprised. Usually I don't offer to share his expertise. :D

No, you usually charge for it :blink:

Now, as to Mr. Luka, based on the basic story, the time from pre-shower to toothbrushing is 20 min. If we assume 1 min. for shower warmup, and 2 min out of shower to toothbrushing. We have 17 minutes for 'shower' and 'personal' activities. Unfortunately, without knowing Dom's particular shower habits, i.e. number of times he shampoos, if he uses conditioner, his particular washing pattern, soap use, potential fastideousness in cleaning the shower prior to exiting. There are just too many variables, including potential excretory functions, to be able to accoount for any of that 17 minutes. I think the variables of the situation will require extensive experimental observation of Dom's morning habbits. Of course, I may need several volunteer observers to assure that a full and complete observational record is made. Perhaps video taping would be required.

A full and complete report will be published on GA for any interested party, including all appropriate photo and video tape documentation.

Snow Dog, Ph.D.

Guest fayevalentine

Well, since for the time being I am blissfully unemployed (until I run out of $$$), the first thing I do is slip on yesterday's jeans, stumble upstairs, start my pc, grab a coke, turn on my music, and check my forums and usually log on to msnm, for a few hours, usually until noon.

I usually jump to a quick (on my scale atleast ;) ) shower and after that turn off the music (which is always on at night) and leave for school. If I'm early, I might have time to crab something to eat on the way out. :)

Hmm, well normally when seb's working and I'm a student, I'm woken up by seb crushing me by reaching over to turn of the alarm I generally mumble 'Itssss tooo early!' then roll over and try and bury my head into his chest and convince him that we should stay in bed. However since I'm now the one at work, well he still leans over me to turn of the alarm cos it annoys him, but then when I move to get out of bed he's the one snuggling. Of course if I wake up alone the first thing I do is mentally check I have all my limbs, and know what my name is hehe.

I'm awakened at 5:30am like clock-work by my dog (ugh, even weekends or if I've been chatting till 3am) or she'll lick my ears to get me up if I'm being lazy. Next I stumble my way into a t-shirt & shorts, pull on some sneaks and take the dog for her 1 mi. walk (she has to sniff & see what other dogs have peed on her favorite spots....she's very territorial about them :rolleyes: ). Back home she gets fed and then I typically check my favorite web-sites. I'm in the shower by 6:30am and out the door to work after that.

Coffee waits till I get to work- then it's 2 cups for the morning.

Kel