3 members have voted

1. 1. Who's behind Amphion?

• Answers to follow.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a list of everyone that had a name or part in Be Rad:

* = someone that Brad slept with so I am adding all of them to make a list.

* Lark (Mark Clark is his full name, Brad's best friend)

Julie (one time gf to Lark)

Jerome Wild (Gay kid being protected by Ace in HS)

Dan Church (Ace's version of Lark, has crush on Brad)

*Doug Childers (Brad's Fantasy, his dad works at Comcalc)

Jessica (Lark's date to the prom)

* Karen (Brad's date)

John Dawkins (Surfing buddy)

Scott Ashby (Surfing buddy)

Jeff Angstrom (student at a party)

Cory Chase (Football team, freshman, caught harassing Billy)

* Jan van den Boss (Datsun 510 driver)

* Don (hotel waiter)

* "Mickey Trotter" (Dallas star, died in 1988)

* Armand (Cousin, dead)

Un-named Hick from Oklahoma that hit Robbie with fire extinguisher

John Braintree (Football Linebacker)

* Marc Sievres (Died of AIDS)

Alan Dougherty (Picking on Mouse)

1x Un-named bully picking on Mouse

Mr Summers (Ass. Principle)

Dennis McCartney (Jerk in 1st Period, Dead in car crash with Billy)

2 Jerks in car with Billy and Dennis

* Gary Englin (Full Back player)

* Scott Seaton

* David Burton (Mouse)

Shelly Groves (Slut hitting on Jack)

Edited by mmike1969

Here's a list of everyone that had a name or part in Be Rad:

* = someone that Brad slept with so I am adding all of them to make a list.

* Lark (Mark Clark is his full name, Brad's best friend)

Julie (one time gf to Lark)

Jerome Wild (Gay kid being protected by Ace in HS)

Dan Church (Ace's version of Lark, has crush on Brad)

*Doug Childers (Brad's Fantasy, his dad works at Comcalc)

Jessica (Lark's date to the prom)

* Karen (Brad's date)

John Dawkins (Surfing buddy)

Scott Ashby (Surfing buddy)

Jeff Angstrom (student at a party)

Cory Chase (Football team, freshman, caught harassing Billy)

* Jan van den Boss (Datsun 510 driver)

* Don (hotel waiter)

* "Mickey Trotter" (Dallas star)

* Armand (Cousin, dead)

Un-named Hick from Oklahoma that hit Robbie with fire extinguisher

John Braintree (Football Linebacker)

* Marc Sievres

Alan Dougherty (Picking on Mouse)

1x Un-named bully picking on Mouse

Mr Summers (Ass. Principle)

Dennis McCartney (Jerk in 1st Period, Dead in car crash with Billy)

2 Jerks in car with Billy and Dennis

* Gary Englin (Full Back player)

* Scott Seaton

* David Burton (Mouse)

Shelly Groves (Slut hitting on Jack)

Very Comprehensive! Nicely done!

"Mickey Trotter" and Marc Sievres both died in the 1980s/90s of AIDS.

Thanks Mark, got it corrected and now add a few names to the official list to vote on:

one of the guys in the car with Billy, driver and passenger (Kind of traumatic that because you were drunk, you committed murder...)

Dan Church, this one has had a crush on Brad since the beginning.

Hm, a quick read through Be Rad reveals clues.

**dons red velvet smoking jacket and detective hat, lights pipe, strolls casually around the room*

Billy was killed in a car accident after trying to crash a party Brad put together.

There were 4 people in the car. Dennis McCartney was in the front passenger seat, with Billy in the seat behind him. They swerved into oncoming traffic and a truck slammed into the passenger side of the car, killing Dennis and Billy. The driver and the guy in the seat behind him lived.

It said so, right in chapter 35, just after Brad perved on Roger laying in his bed.

I deduce that either of the crash survivors (or both) are behind the despicable doings at Amphion.

*takes off pants, strolls out of the room*

Thanks Mark, got it corrected and now add a few names to the official list to vote on:

one of the guys in the car with Billy, driver and passenger (Kind of traumatic that because you were drunk, you committed murder...)

DAMN YOU FOR POSTING BEFORE I DID

....:funny:

You know, the more I think about my time in HS 1984-1987, there is a possibility of me going through school with over 2,800 students with me only knowing a very small handful of them... math is coming so get your calculators...(Just hit windows key+r and enter "calc"...

1984 Freshman = 1600 students (400 in each class, yes I am keeping it simple)

1985 Sophomore + 400 more in class behind me

1986 Junior + 400 more in class behind them

1987 Senior + 400 more in class behind them again.

Think about it, anyone of them could of had an issue with Brad and the rest of the Crampton Clan...

Remember when Luke Skywalker rescued Leia?

Luke "I am Luke Skywalker! I am here to rescue you!"

Leia "You're Who?"

It could be someone that NO ONE would remember at Gunn...

Personal short story to show how small the world really is... 0:)

I had an incident in 1986 where a bunch of local Cops came to pick me up at school (Because the bastids could not read a school bus schedule and missed me at home!), along with the FBI, and a couple of other federal agencies that wanted to make sure I was there...Kind of hard to miss that, being parked in front of the school with their lights flashing and crap. :P

So anyways, jump to 1989 I was in AIT (Army, Ft. Gordon, GA) and someone kept starring at me like he knew me. Well he did, he was a Freshman when I was a Junior when this incident happened and he remembered me. No f'ing clue who he was though but by sheer coincidence, out of 2800k students, from the same school, we both wound up at Ft. Gordon.

So it could be something like this:

Mysterious Amphion guy/girl "I am ***** ****, you ruined my Life Brad!"

Brad "You're Who???"

Of course, I am not sure how the faithful readers would react with such a mystery person in the mix like that... :P

That's be kinda cheap of Mark to make the mystery person someone we've never actually met. I don't think Mark would do that. I feel like it's got to be someone we met in Be Rad or MiM. It just seems so stupid that someone is going to hold a grudge against Brad for something that happened 14-19 years ago.The person's gotta be crazy and somewhat pathetic.

Having reviewed the list above of those characters brad interacted with.... I'm more and more convinced that Karen is the most likely. After that I'm saying Childers... Then maybe Lark... and of course, any combination of the three acting in cooperation. Im sorry, but none of the other options seem plausible to me. Remember that the character we are looking for is not just "someone who was in Be Rad" - it is "someone Brad went to school with". Rules out suggestions like Brian etc. Now, Mark could very easily go back and pick a charater that he only mentioned three times in an early chapter (or some other obscurity) - but I think Mark has more fidelity to his writing than that. I also think that to choose a character that played less than 20 words worth of a minor role would be cowardly and wrong. It would also make mockery of the suspence that has been built up....

(God... im gonna feel like a right idiot if it turns out to be Dan Church now :P )

well Dan was mentioned multiple times in Be Rad and once in MiM. :P

But then again, so was Gary...

Besides we are looking for multiple people: Who is the man/woman at the top of Amphion and who is feeding them inside info. May not be the same person.

And it was pretty much prophecy in If it Fits when Stef warned Brian not to cross the family and most of us ignored that warning and didn't see Brian becoming the sad person he is now.

Think abou it: In that episode "who shot JR" in Dallas, everyone said "I will kill you JR!" and it turned out to be a minor character...

In short: we (the readers) already know who's at the top and who's feeding Amphion. We just have not connected the dots yet.

Edited by mmike1969

I am officially changing my non-vote vote of the mysterious Amphion Head to Gary E. He has been mentioned in Be Rad, I think in MiM and again in the current story.

but I still say Brian is the leak of Stef's empire... When was the last time anyone here changed their passwords to email accounts?

In 1999, that was a major issue because no one was changing passwords on anything and Brian could of just downloaded everyone's email right from their servers.

• 2 weeks later...

holy crap! I had it right the first time :D

of course it's still early and it might not be him...and two, if it really was Dan, Mark would of changed the poll itself and finally put names on it for us to vote on.

Edited by mmike1969

holy crap! I had it right the first time :D

of course it's still early and it might not be him...and two, if it really was Dan, Mark would of changed the poll itself and finally put names on it for us to vote on.

Nope, this one is answered. Now you know who's behind Amphion.

Nope, this one is answered. Now you know who's behind Amphion.

So disappointed :P I can't believe that it wasn't Keren. I was hoping that Mark would give us a twist in the tale, and it turns out to be just a little kink. not that i'm adverse to a little kink, mind you :P

It's obviously that Dan guy, though I don't remember him at all. I guess it's been too long since I've read Be Rad.

We first met Dan Church in Chapter 1 of Be Rad. Brad got in a fight with him in Chapter 25 of Be Rad. They became friends in Chapter 26. Dan went with Brad on their trip to Amsterdam for Brad's birthday. After that, he started a relationship with Mouse. Brad had sex with Dan, had a fling with him, when he and Robbie were estranged toward the end of the story.(Chapters 38-40)

Read those last chapters (38-40) to get a feel of how Brad and Dan left things.

Oh, so he's a man scorned? Still, after all these years he's still pissed? Get over it already. What a f**king pussy. I'll have to re-read some time.

Of course, right now I'm distracted by Cole Parker. :*)

Edited by Tiger

Oh, so he's a man scorned? Still, after all these years he's still pissed? Get over it already. What a f**king pussy. I'll have to re-read some time.

Of course, right now I'm distracted by Cole Parker. :*)

Bitch.

tongue.gif

So it would have been great if it was Karen the woman scorned who refuses to get over getting spurned twenty years ago, but with Dan its somehow bad? In any event it is fascinating how the past is coming back to hurt Brad in his present.

You guys act like this is the only mystery in the story. Where's the money coming from?

that's easy! If I am spying on Brad for 19 years (god, how pathetic...) I would know ALL his enemies... Get in contact with them and offer them a deal:

"Invest in my company and I will make you rich and destroy Brad at the same time..."

Why else Amphion refused to release their financials? Because it would show who was investing in the company...

Or it could be as something really stupid like some of the many trusts of the family is heavily imvested in the company itself. Trusties are not required to tell their clients who and what they are invested in unless the client asked, like a blind trust. Rich people don't care what's in the trust anyways... Just as long as they get the $$$.

I can imagine what happens when they finally get a peek into the financials of amphion and realize JP is one of the many investors... :P

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..