Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Are You a Sensation-Seeking Person

Sensation seeking is a personality trait expressed in behaviour as a tendency to seek varied, novel, complex and intense sensations and experiences and to take physical risks for the sake of having such experiences.These experiences could take the form of extreme adventure activities such as skydiving, snowboarding and mountain climbing. But the trait can also express itself in high drug, alcohol or tobacco use.

Men generally score higher than women on the total score and on all the subscales except Experience Seeking. Sensation Seeking Scale scores increase during childhood, peak in the late teens or early twenties, and thereafter decrease steadily with age.

People with similar scores on the Sensation Seeking Scale also tend to be more romantically compatible with each other.

Divorced males score higher than single and married males, and divorced and single females score higher than married females.

Here's the SSS Form V, the latest form of Zuckerman's test. Take it and see if you're a Sensation Seeker.

My Results

Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 9 out of 10

This consists of items expressing desires to engage in sports or activities involving some physical danger or risk such as mountain climbing, parachute jumping, scuba diving, speeding in a car, etc.

Experience seeking - you score 9 out of 10

This descibes the desire to seek new experiences through the mind and senses by living in a nonconforming life style with unconventional friends, and through travel.

Disinhibition - you score 10 out of 10

This describes the need to disinhibit behaviour in the social sphere by drinking, partying and seeking variety in sexual partners.

Boredom susceptibility - you score 6 out of 10

This indicates an aversion for repetitive experience of any kind, routine work, or even dull or predictable people. Other items indicate a restless reaction when things are unchanging.

Your total sensation seeking score is 34 out of 40

Results

Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 1 out of 10

This consists of items expressing desires to engage in sports or activities involving some physical danger or risk such as mountain climbing, parachute jumping, scuba diving, speeding in a car, etc.

This descibes the desire to seek new experiences through the mind and senses by living in a nonconforming life style with unconventional friends, and through travel.

This describes the need to disinhibit behaviour in the social sphere by drinking, partying and seeking variety in sexual partners.

Boredom susceptibility - you score 7 out of 10

This indicates an aversion for repetitive experience of any kind, routine work, or even dull or predictable people. Other items indicate a restless reaction when things are unchanging.

Your total sensation seeking score is 27 out of 40

I like to party as well, Mark. Let's get some SoCo Lime shots over at Deer Park.:2thumbs:

Experience seeking - you score 8 out of 10

Disinhibition - you score 7 out of 10

Boredom susceptibility - you score 3 out of 10

I'm Disihibited Nooooo :):devil:

Results

Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 1 out of 10

Boredom susceptibility - you score 7 out of 10

I like to party as well, Mark. Let's get some SoCo Lime shots over at Deer Park.:2thumbs:

Sounds good. Your thrill and adventure score = you're a pussy. biggrin.gif

Experience seeking - you score 8 out of 10

I'm Disihibited Nooooo :):devil:

I was surprised. Weren't you surprised? I was surprised.wink.gif

Interesting!

My only quibble was there was a lot of "you would like to" where I think "You have done..." would be more telling. I just assumed that if it was something I'd done, "you would like to" fit. LoL.

Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 10 out of 10

This one fits me, as I've done all of the above.

Experience seeking - you score 10 out of 10

This describes the desire to seek new experiences through the mind and senses by living in a nonconforming life style with unconventional friends, and through travel.

This one surprised me a bit. Didn't think I'd be that high in it, except for the travel stuff.

Disinhibition - you score 9 out of 10

This one was a big surprise to me, except for the partying. Let's just say it's a miracle I survived my 20's.

Boredom susceptibility - you score 8 out of 10

Thought this one would be higher. I bore super easy, and can't stand repetition or predictability. (this is a huge part of why I almost never watch TV)

Your total sensation seeking score is 37 out of 40

It helps that I'm crazy. :lmao:

• Like 1

Results

Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 7 out of 10

Your total sensation seeking score is 32 out of 40

As I'm terrified of heights the jumping out of a plane was a total no no. lol

• Like 1

My Results

Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 6 out of 10

Experience seeking - you score 7 out of 10

Disinhibition - you score 6 out of 10

Your total sensation seeking score is 25 out of 40

Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 8 out of 10

Experience seeking - you score 6 out of 10

Your total sensation seeking score is 24 out of 40

Hmm... So that's why my former career sucked... biggrin.gif

• Like 1

Results

Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 5 out of 10

Disinhibition - you score 6 out of 10

Your total sensation seeking score is 24 out of 40

• Like 1

Results

Experience seeking - you score 5 out of 10

Disinhibition - you score 4 out of 10

Boredom susceptibility - you score 4 out of 10

Your total sensation seeking score is 21 out of 40

• Like 1

t_psychology_tests.giftiny.gif

Results

Your total sensation seeking score is 33 out of 40

• Like 1

Interesting!

My only quibble was there was a lot of "you would like to" where I think "You have done..." would be more telling. I just assumed that if it was something I'd done, "you would like to" fit. LoL.

Thrill and adventure seeking - you score 10 out of 10

This one fits me, as I've done all of the above.

This describes the desire to seek new experiences through the mind and senses by living in a nonconforming life style with unconventional friends, and through travel.

This one surprised me a bit. Didn't think I'd be that high in it, except for the travel stuff.

This one was a big surprise to me, except for the partying. Let's just say it's a miracle I survived my 20's.

Boredom susceptibility - you score 8 out of 10

Thought this one would be higher. I bore super easy, and can't stand repetition or predictability. (this is a huge part of why I almost never watch TV)

Your total sensation seeking score is 37 out of 40

It helps that I'm crazy. :lmao:

That's one amazingly high score. Wow. Just one more reason to love you! wub.gif

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..