Non Gay Stories

• I am quite aware that this site is for GAY authors....
  • So far I have read a couple of stories... one of them is yet to be finished..and good
  • The second I am a third into and enjoying that also.....
  • These stories have a GAY theme....
  • Gay authors do not necessarily have to write gay stories.........
  • Might it be an idea to label which are non-gay......
  • or could any member give me a link to a similar Site where I could download "ng" reading...??
  • It would be appreciated..... Pabz
  • Site Administrator

This is something that's being discussed. However, right now there isn't any GA owner/admin guys controlled fiction sites for ng stories. However, if you go to a few of the publisher's websites you can find a mix of free story ebook downloads, some of which are quite good that are gay, straight, in between and mixes. I'm a member at allromanceebooks.com and I actually have a short story published in one of their free e-books from a contest I was in on the site last fall. They have a lot of free reads available. A few sites similar to GA that host a variety of stories are writing.com, fictionpress.com, fanfiction.net (if you like those sorts of stories) Smashwords has free and pay to read stories. If you like romance stuff, this website points to a ton of others, Road to Romance. Hope you find some of what you are looking for.

I have a few that are... loosely... gay I guess I would say

and at least one or two that are not at all so in the flash fiction, I figure I wrote em... that should be enough.

I hate to point out the obvious, but this a site dedicated to gay fiction, as it clearly states on the main header! I'm totally baffled that you'd come on here expecting anything else.:blink:

Yes but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be or one wouldn't find any straight stories... I think it'd be good for others to find other types of stories here. We love people from all aspects of life here. :D

I write mostly ng stories and they are mostly posted at Codey's World, The Authors Haunt, and writing.com -- and even a couple at GA which I think is okay because I'm gay and I'm an author so that fits the GA name. I have stories that have gay themes posted at all of these sites. I know there are those here who say GA is only for gay stories, and that's fine. Still, two of my stories posted here are solidly ng, Repugnance and A Christmas Story, and the other two have gay themes, Christmas Break and The Tale of Snow White.

Why do I write ng stories? Because I get an idea for a story and if it doesn't have a gay theme I write it anyway. I think that's what authors who are gay are supposed to do, get an idea for a story and write it whether it has a gay theme or it is ng. That's my opinion and I'm going to stick to it. :2thumbs:

BTW, I read gay and ng stories here on GA and enjoy both. I consider myself to be an equal opportunity reader. I don't come to GA to read gay stories, I come here to read quality stories by quality authors whether the stories are gay or are ng.

One other thing. I like the "ng" abbreviation for non-gay stories.

Colin B)

Sorry Horny I think you misunderstand me....

I am an old gay and been round the block, I found this site quite by accident whilst browsing for reading only last week..

Wow... I really do enjoy the way it is put together and run by a devoted Admin Team and Supported by some good writers...

Of course I love to read stories with a gay theme, find the blogs interesting and been into Chat.

All I asked was if there were any ng stories on here and if not where could I find some... I don't want to eat steak at each meal that i have!

However thanks to the response to my inquiry it seems that I am not unique and some information has come to light...

Posted Image

Anyone know of good sites dedicated primarily to Lesbian stories? I love M4M fiction, but it would be nice to read some W4W for a change.

There are very few lesbian stories on here. I have only read two and I can't for the life of me remember who wrote them. I think they were written by the same person. one was about someone recruiting slaves for an island. it was really good but i can't remember any more. I know, i'm useless but honestly the fact that i can't remember has nothing to do with the quality of the story :)

And Pabz. I have a story Red Gold, which is ng It might be up your street... or not :)

I just posted a few non M4M stories. 3 are lesbian and one is not sexuality-oriented. I have also found a few other lesbian stories on this site, though not many.

• 2 weeks later...

I find this post very interesting, as well as some of the responses. This is something that i have given quite a bit of thought to over the years and I think it might be useful to point out that fiction written by gay authors is in a very real way gay whether or not it contains a gay theme.

For me being gay is an integral part of my soul that goes well beyond my sexual behavior. I am not at all sure that i see the world the same way as a nongay person. The way gay people express themselves in art, in social dynamics, in politics and in literature, etc. may well be unique. We are not merely straight people who prefer rocky road to vanilla or chocolate.

I for one would rather enjoy reading nongay themed fiction crafted by gay people, because i think it would speak to me more than an analogue written by a nongay person.

Along these lines (or the reverse), I recently went to the kindle store and did a search for gay werewolves (i was in that sort of mood). I found a book that shall remain nameless and the synopisis appealed to me. I bought it and started to read it and well, it wasnt the best read. I had paid no attention to the author. Upon further investigation i learned that the writer was a straight woman writing about gay male werewolves. Now unless the author is a werewolf, I really dont think it's the most expected niche genre for her to write in and i was frankly a bit disappointed.

Maybe im a bit of a seperatist, but i when im reading a book with a gay theme that is written by a nongay person it loses some of its appeal to me.

So... what i am saying is that any work of art or literature that is brought to life by a gay person is gay as far as i am concerned, and to me at least, equally as germane to this site as gay themed material crafted by nongay people.

Sorry if i have offended anyone because, - please be certain that any offense was not my intention

Well I am gay also, always have been always will be....

I read quite a lot now that I am retired and unable to get around thanks to my Osteo-arthritis.

Books with gay themes are fine and I do enjoy reading them but I also like other ng fiction too.

I see no reason why a gay writer cannot produce a good thriller/mystery without it having to have a sexual trait running though it.

Your note has not caused me any offense what so ever

Along these lines (or the reverse), I recently went to the kindle store and did a search for gay werewolves (i was in that sort of mood). I found a book that shall remain nameless and the synopisis appealed to me. I bought it and started to read it and well, it wasnt the best read. I had paid no attention to the author. Upon further investigation i learned that the writer was a straight woman writing about gay male werewolves. Now unless the author is a werewolf, I really dont think it's the most expected niche genre for her to write in and i was frankly a bit disappointed.

Sorry if i have offended anyone because, - please be certain that any offense was not my intention

Nope, not offended :P Maybe the story just wasn't that good. Too bad you didn't get your money's worth.

I have read some really good m/m stories here and other sites written by female authors, some of them identify themselves straight. So, I'd say it is not about the author's gender or sexuality that makes the story good or bad. If you find it a turn off to read m/m stories from straight (?) female authors, well... that is your pov on the matter. You might be surprised with the high quality of stories I could recommend for you in this site. You could even pick your favourite genre. But if you are not even interested... :P

Have good and joyful reads, there are suberb gay male authors here as well (I almost forgot, since for me the gender of author isn't an issue)!

The werewolf book i purchase was not of great quality but that wasnt really my intended point. Sorry, I didnt explain my self very well.

There is a difference between quaility and perspective. When i say that i would prefer a NG story written by a gay person im talking about perspective and the world view that the author might have, not the quality of the story. I dont relish reading a bad story be it written by a gay, nongay or four footed author.

We all have our own voice and our voices have been shaped by our experiences as well as who we are at our core. Every voice is unique and beautiful in its own uniqueness. My point was only that gay people, in my opinion, are defined by much more that our sexual behavior. As such, the art that we create might just be painted with a different brush whether or not the topic is gay. It is because of this possibility that i have a special interest in both gay and nongay works of gay people. which is not to say that i dont love to read a great story regardless of its origin. I do.

But the discussion here focussed on the inclusion of NG stories written by gay people and whether or not this was an approriate forum for them. I just wanted to make the point that in my view, nongay fiction written by gay authors is as GAY as gay fiction written by nongay authors, - one being the flip side of the other so to speak.

Jeff