There is hope in this world

wildone

• Site Administrator

:D Fun... though we've had similar (and better) things here in Australia for a long time.

Posted Image

Just squeeze as shown - the packet automatically opens and the sauce comes out exactly where you want it to. 0:)

• Like 1

Posted Image Fun... though we've had similar (and better) things here in Australia for a long time.

Posted Image

Just squeeze as shown - the packet automatically opens and the sauce comes out exactly where you want it to. Posted Image

Clearly you've never tried the new dual packets if you had you'd never make such a ridiculous comment that those silly things are better - I mean what could possible be more amazing than a Ketchup packet that you can choose to squeeze out OR use to dunk your fries? All that for 50% more packaging - because we all know there isn't enough trash or plastic in the world. Posted Image

Disclaimer: The above comment that Graeme's remarks were ridiculous were entirely tongue in cheek, any resemblance to a personal attack was entirely unintended and definitely not the author's intention.

If that's hope, I refer you to Private Fraser in Dad's Army!

Actually, my father had the best advice on ketchup ... good food doesn't need it, bad food doesn't deserve it. ... Packaging problems solved!

Hrmmm... The Australian one looks better.

On the other hand, I despise ketchup, so I'm not likely to be affected. :)

I just wish they'd actually cut the tear-leader slot on regular mustard packets; they open easy if cut, but you need a knife if not.

• Site Administrator

I go for the using the big bottle and squeezing it in my open mouth routine. Don't seem to have too many issues with that. (For those who think I'm nuts, try waking up screaming with dual muscle cramps in your calves. You'd drink ketchup religiously too!) Plus, I like it anyway. Thought my southern grandma was going to have kittens when my hubby put it on her pot roast though. Sacrilege!

I go for the using the big bottle and squeezing it in my open mouth routine. Don't seem to have too many issues with that. (For those who think I'm nuts, try waking up screaming with dual muscle cramps in your calves. You'd drink ketchup religiously too!) Plus, I like it anyway. Thought my southern grandma was going to have kittens when my hubby put it on her pot roast though. Sacrilege!

Eh?! What does ketchup do for leg cramps? That sounds amazing lol

• Site Administrator

Well, I have chronic heart/blood pressure issues and low potassium. All my life I would get woken up with muscle spasms at night, especially in my legs and feet. Increasing my potassium intake is one way to help both conditions but I didn't always have potassium rich fresh foods on hand so I drank ketchup growing up. It's not the highest potassium rich food, like tomatoes, papaya, potatoes, some yogurts... but it did in a pinch. My daughter seems to have similar spasm issues and she eats grape and cherry tomatoes like candy.

Well, I have chronic heart/blood pressure issues and low potassium. All my life I would get woken up with muscle spasms at night, especially in my legs and feet. Increasing my potassium intake is one way to help both conditions but I didn't always have potassium rich fresh foods on hand so I drank ketchup growing up. It's not the highest potassium rich food, like tomatoes, papaya, potatoes, some yogurts... but it did in a pinch. My daughter seems to have similar spasm issues and she eats grape and cherry tomatoes like candy.

I never knew that! I've been taking potassium pills for a couple years now because of a blood pressure/a-fib thing going on. NowI know why I dont get leg cramps anymore,lol.Any why the doc says stay away from tomatoes.

My older brother calls it cat-soup Posted Image

Not all us younguns know that it used to be called catsup until laziness saw it degraded to something that took less crispness.

Etymology, yeah!

Edited by Habit

• 2 weeks later...

With exception to the medical things mentioned in here, if a food needs ketchup/catsup, it probably isn't something that should be eaten, imo xD

But I'm biased and grew up in a house where using it was as insulting as flat out slapping the cook, and when I was the cook two nights a week from middleschool on....