Where is it from?

I bought this book after seeing a documentary about witch hunts where it was mentioned that this "work" shaped the way we looked at women for hundreds of years to come. :P

It's an interesting subject. As usual all fingers point to the church. Britain had laws against witches and witchcraft for over 400 years from 1542 until 1951. The last women to be tried for witchcraft were Helen Duncan and Jane Yorke in 1944 who were convicted under the Witchcraft Act 1735 for the "pretence" of witchcraft [Duncan was sent to prison].

Edited by Zombie

Franz Kafka, it has got to be, but which book?  I have only read parts in German, so it is a Punt

Der Process (The Trial)

I am a bit worried that Paya has not come in

Edited by Red_A

That would have fit better in the Classics thread, since no one is giving the next question for that lately.

*ahem*

*thunder and lightning*

Thorn Wilde, I command you to go into the Classics thread and do that again (just with another classic).

*scoots off in his motor cloud to go off to eat cookies*

That would have fit better in the Classics thread, since no one is giving the next question for that lately.

*ahem*

*thunder and lightning*

Thorn Wilde, I command you to go into the Classics thread and do that again (just with another classic).

*scoots off in his motor cloud to go off to eat cookies*

The problem is that my knowledge of classics is... limited. With a very few exceptions, most of the stuff I know is (sometimes fairly obscure) science fiction. :P

"My pen falters, then falls from my knuckly grip, leaving a worm’s trail of ink across Fedwren’s paper."

I think this is obscure, mainly because I read one of the author's books and gave up in horror. But it is fanatasy not science fiction!