It Just Slipped Out

Cia

Thats a cool tale Cia :) All my friends on FB arn't gay and they are all cool with it too. Me and Stuby have it plastered on there that we are in a relationship with each other :):hug:

• Like 1

Cool. :) I know, it's like anti-climatic sometimes, the coming out thing.... But at least it's out. Maybe there is a rainbow and a pot of gold waiting somewhere....

Oh......I thout you meant something different when you said something had slipped out, I mean since you just mentioned having been in the water and all...

Glad they were open about it and didn't respond negatively.

The few times any type of non-traditional relationship has come up with my mother, I've wanted to push her out of a moving car.

• Site Administrator

She better not, Vic! Posted Image I don't like the stepwitch. Dad... I doubt he'd join, lol. Though since my dad did feel it was perfectly okay to ask me earlier in the trip if my hubby and I were 'fixed' or how we were avoiding having more kids, including specific detail requests about such methods being used... maybe I should be worried he will join to find out more, LOL!

Posted Image Andrea! Sorry about that.

I do Joann Posted Image Considering my dad's favorite insult for windsurfers, the people he hates above all others in the world, included a gay slur, it wasn't unreasonable for me to think he'd not be okay with it. I didn't go into my own sexuality, but I'll get there eventually. I feel so much for everyone who does this whole hog, you know? HIs opinions on it wouldn't have really affected me, I don't depend on my dad for anything anymore, but strangely I was still worried about how he'd react and felt the need to hide it.

Thanks to everyone else for the comments! I thought a little anti-drama sharing would be good. I don't think telling them as a teen would have been as well received though, so I won't consider my years of hiding as anything but smart self-preservation. OH and Bill, Yang lives in the gutter. I'd be more afraid if he was trying to climb out of it publicly! At least we always know where he is this way, can you imagine if he had the capabilities of sneaking up on us by pretending to be anything else?