What is your tipple?

Yettie One

• 3 months later...

Ooooooooooft

Okies I've just cracked open a bottle of Mint Balieys that I was given for christmas. 

OMG

Anyone else tasted this stuff? :P

New fav drink? Crushed Ice, Mint Baileys and soft serve Vanilla Ice Cream.

<3

• Like 1

B) ............... I'm 98% of the time a beer drinker, will have wine around the holidays but very little, I like Cab's and Merlot. Once in a while I will drink B&B in a snifter glass, and on special occasions drink scotch straight or on the rocks.. Other then that I like beer!

• Like 2

Love Tequila, Love Jack Daniels, Love Scotch, rum, southern comfort, wine (red), spiced cider, mulled wine or cider, vodka, apple pie shots, cherry bombs, purple chaos, and grasshoppers. 

• Like 1

purple chaos, and grasshoppers. 

Ok, I'll bite. 

What is a Purple Chaos?  and a Grasshopper for that matter :P

Purple Chaos sounds lush, or is that just coz I like the colour purple! hehe :D

Mimosas are one of my favs Rob.

I've been meaning to ask for a while now actually. Exactly what the heck is in a Mimosa JoAnn?

If I feel like making an effort, I'm partial to dirty vodka martinis. I love to sip brandy all night and love a good chardonnay. In the summer, I love a gin & tonic if I have it on hand. Love a cold beer. Mimosas are for holiday breakfasts in my house.

Everything in moderation. (Although it doesn't really sound like it, does it?)

I haven't had whiskey since a SPECTACULAR night of memory loss and nausea in my teens.

• Like 1

If I feel like making an effort, I'm partial to dirty vodka martinis. I love to sip brandy all night.

Good taste. Last time I sat drinking Brandy all night it was on a visit to Victoria Falls, and it was a damn fine bottle too. Don't mind a Vodka Martini either, but I'll leave the wine and the gin thank you very much! :P

Ok, I'll bite. 

What is a Purple Chaos?  and a Grasshopper for that matter :P

Purple Chaos sounds lush, or is that just coz I like the colour purple! hehe :D

LOL Purple Chaos is when you soak sour patch gummi worms in vodka for about 2-4 hours, then pour in grape soda and a splash more vodka. Grasshoppers are

3/4 oz green creme de menthe

3/4 oz white cream de cacao

3/4 oz  light cream

Edited by layla
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nut Brown Ale is like spreading a layer of dark aromatic humus over the garden of papillae on your tongue.

Cognac is like a mountain sunset, with an initial sting and glare that heralds a golden and lingering glow.

Lately I've been ordering gimlets which feature prominently in Raymond Chandler's The Long Goodbye- "half gin and half Rose's lime juice and nothing else"

• Like 1

Some times I just need a Sloe Comfortable Screw Against the Wall.

But if I am out to dinner at a nicer place I'll usually start with a nice single malt Scotch, Talisker or Lagavulin. Then I have a white wine with dinner usually, and usually a Chardonnay or champagne and I top off the meal with a Baily rocks and a coffee.

But I drink beer, Bourbon and Rum, Sake if I am in a Japanese restaurant and Tequila if I am in a Mexican restaurant.

My current crush is Flanders red ales, sour ales. Cuvee Des Jacobins Rouge to be specific. The first time I tried it I thought it was a joke, it tasted like sour gummie bears, but after the initial shock, it had an amazing after taste. Now I am hooked.

I drink Guinness when I watch soccer unless I am in a German tavern, then I go German, microbrews at the baseball stadium and champagne at the opera.

Some times I just need a Sloe Comfortable Screw Against the Wall.

But if I am out to dinner at a nicer place I'll usually start with a nice single malt Scotch, Talisker or Lagavulin. Then I have a white wine with dinner usually, and usually a Chardonnay or champagne and I top off the meal with a Baily rocks and a coffee.

But I drink beer, Bourbon and Rum, Sake if I am in a Japanese restaurant and Tequila if I am in a Mexican restaurant.

My current crush is Flanders red ales, sour ales. Cuvee Des Jacobins Rouge to be specific. The first time I tried it I thought it was a joke, it tasted like sour gummie bears, but after the initial shock, it had an amazing after taste. Now I am hooked.

I drink Guinness when I watch soccer unless I am in a German tavern, then I go German, microbrews at the baseball stadium and champagne at the opera.

You're such a conformist.   :D

Started off mostly beer, and I still love a nice ale at times. Sometimes I feel a hankering for Guinness.

Red wine is my favourite these days though.

I went off vodka after a few too many bad nights, now prefer single malt whiskey. And I have fallen for Armagnac, an expensive but rewarding habit.

So what is the best Aussie Beer then? We don't get a lot of choice when it comes to Aussie Brands.

I've never really been a fan of Lager. But there was a brew in Zimbabwe called Bollingers that was damn nice. I don't mind a Tiger Beer on a really hot day either, long as it is ice cold.

What the heck is Armagnac?

I'm not a drinker, but on special occasions I like a glass or two of champagne.

I don't like the taste of beer. I don't like almost all hard liquor, but I do like Hawaiian-style rum drinks, but in moderation like one glass.

Colin B)

Ooooooooooft

Okies I've just cracked open a bottle of Mint Balieys that I was given for christmas. 

OMG

Anyone else tasted this stuff? :P

New fav drink? Crushed Ice, Mint Baileys and soft serve Vanilla Ice Cream.

<3

What you wanna do is get 2 shots of choco milk, 1 shot of hazelnut baileys, and top it off with coffee flavoured ice cream. Tastes like Tiramisu, it's so gooddd. Besides that, Cointreau mixed with some sprite and top it off with juice it pretty good. 

I hate vodka and I had bacardi 151 once...

and never again. 

Edited by FishWings
  • Like 1

What you wanna do is get 2 shots of choco milk, 1 shot of hazelnut baileys, and top it off with coffee flavoured ice cream. Tastes like Tiramisu, it's so gooddd. 

Now that sounds lush! :P Gotta try this! 

• 4 months later...

My favorites are hard apple cider and amoretto sour, extra grenadine.

I also like white or fruit wines, but i have to water them down to really

appreciate the taste. If I drink them straight i just taste pure alcohol...

• Like 1

What the heck is Armagnac?

A type of brandy. Like Cognac, only not from Cognac but from Armagnac. 

I'm kind of a snob when it comes to alcohol. I like single malt whisky (my favourite is The Balvenie, a Speyside), dry white wines (LOVE Chablis), dark and strong red wines (Spanish Rioja, Italian Amarone), spicy rosé wines (there's a Portuguese one called Pink Elephant which I adore), dry champagne (preferably actually from Champagne; Moët & Chandon, I love you), good ales, bitters and porters (there are so many good microbrews), Hendrick's gin and Koskenkorva vodka (the one called Nordic Berries is gorgeous served ice cold).

Of course, if I just want to get drunk I'll drink anything that strikes my fancy as long as it goes down.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 1