How Many Countries Have You Been To?

• Site Administrator

A lot depends on how you count things. I've been in the airport for a couple of countries but that was as far as it goes.

Now I have to test my memory to see how many places I can recall...

Airports only: Mexico (though I had to go through customs there, even though I immediately went back in to get on another flight) and Thailand (Bangkok is one of the possible stopover points on flights from Australia to Europe).

Otherwise:

Asia/Pacific: Australia, New Zealand, New Caledonia, Vanuatu, Fiji, Solomon Islands, Papua New Guinea, Indonesia, Singapore

Americas: USA, Costa Rica

Europe: England, Wales, Northern Ireland (since people seem to insist on treating the various parts of the UK as different countries :P), France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Vatican City, Liechtenstein, Greece, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Monaco, Netherlands (I did a 13 country bus tour after working in the UK for a year)

I guess I'm the only one so far who's been to South America.

Edit: Never mind, Bleu went too. Posted Image

Yep. And it seems we visited similar areas. I was mostly in Buenos Aires, for work.

My travel companions crossed to Uruguay to visit Colonia but I had to work and stay in BA instead :(.

Later, we drove to the Iguazu Falls, and once there we crossed on foot to Brazil ;)

Yep. And it seems we visited similar areas. I was mostly in Buenos Aires, for work.

My travel companions crossed to Uruguay to visit Colonia but I had to work and stay in BA instead Posted Image.

Later, we drove to the Iguazu Falls, and once there we crossed on foot to Brazil Posted Image

Weird, I was in mostly the same places. Posted Image

I spent time in Buenos Aires, then took a bus ride up to Iguazu Falls, and San Ignacio.

We crossed on the SeaCat over to Colonia for a couple hours just so I could say I've been to Uruguay. Posted Image

And I was in Sao Paulo overnight on my trip back to the States.

Just out of curiousity, since you crossed into Brazil on foot at Iguazu, did you do it illegally? I heard a lot of people do it just because its not really patrolled as long as you don't go too far in.

Edited by TetRefine

Hmmm. Let's see:

Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Lichtenstein, Monaco, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Vatican, San Marino, Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia, FYROM, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Russia, Malta, Cyprus, Egypt, Morocco, Kenya, United States, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Martinique, Colombia, Chile.

• Like 1

Well technically in Europe the number of Countries could be counted on how far you want to drive your car and have a passport or something along those lines...

Not everyone knows how to drive though! But the railway system is quite good and well connected. Can always get one of those european railway passes to backpack through Europe!

Hmmm. Let's see:

Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Lichtenstein, Monaco, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Vatican, San Marino, Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia, FYROM, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Russia, Malta, Cyprus, Egypt, Morocco, Kenya, United States, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Martinique, Colombia, Chile.

You forgot Greece ;)
  • Like 1

Bangladesh, India, Burma, Thailand, Cambodia, China, Japan, Malaysia, Uzbekistan, the Philippines, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, UAE, UK, France, Spain, Italy, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Finland, Belgium, Sweden, Germany, USA, the Netherlands and the USA.

I feel ashamed of myself now given my screen name -__-

Gonna go save up for tickets!

Bangladesh, India, Burma, Thailand, Cambodia, China, Japan, Malaysia, Uzbekistan, the Philippines, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, UAE, UK, France, Spain, Italy, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Finland, Belgium, Sweden, Germany, USA, the Netherlands and the USA.

I feel ashamed of myself now given my screen name -__-

Gonna go save up for tickets!

Ermm, you're only 21! Exactly what are you ashamed of?

I've been only to Europe - Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland, Germany, Austria, Italy, France, Switzerland, Belgium, England/UK, Sweden, Norway, on our way to Croatia we passed through Slovenia, then Montenegro, Serbia. Oh and we had to go through Bosnia and Herzegovina but that was only one town. :-)

I've been only to Europe - Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland, Germany, Austria, Italy, France, Switzerland, Belgium, England/UK, Sweden, Norway, on our way to Croatia we passed through Slovenia, then Montenegro, Serbia. Oh and we had to go through Bosnia and Herzegovina but that was only one town. :-)

I've always wanted to go to the former Yugoslavia. I find the unfortunate breakup of that country a fascinating and disturbing tale of nationalism gone awry. Sarajevo is on my list of places to go to before I die, as is Dubrovnik and Belgrade. I just bought my ticket to Europe for next summer (unfortunately no stops in the Balkans), but I'll be adding several countries to my list by next summer:

Finland

Italy

Vatican City

Germany

England

France

Edited by TetRefine

Let's see, where I've been:

China (was born there)

Hong Kong (lived there briefly)

United States, primarily Massachusetts for 20 years, (I've been to New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Delaware, New York up to Buffalo and Syracuse, New York City :P , Michigan, Illinois, District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, Georgia, Tennessee, Louisiana, Florida, Nevada, and California)

Canada

Mexico, on the border between Cali

Germany

Belgium

Netherlands

Luxemburg

France, German region of Strasborg/Alsace

Places I want to go to:

Texas, so I can say I've been and hit Banger with a cowboy hat :P

Paris, on my honeymoon

Prague, for the music and culture

Vienna, for the food and drinks :D

Madrid, for the bulls and the horned male cows :P

London, so I can knell down at the altar of JK Rowling and get into arguments with half the country

and finally Dublin, so I can forget all the stuff in a haze of Guinness and vomit

So I guess....

England

Scotland

Northern Ireland

Republic of Ireland

Wales..... (So that's the Uk and Ireland then...)

France

USA (Florida and Bangor, Maine)

Czech Republic (does it count any extra that I went 12 times?)

Austria

Serbia (Belgrade)

And that's it....

Oh, except technically, the principality of SeaLand - the worlds most successful micro-nation!

mmm four ... QueBec ... Shanghai ... Yokohama ... Korea Airport ...

my only mistake was not visiting Montreal during a 3 hr layover ... had a wonderful talk with a stranger ... not sure if he was gay

So I guess....

England

Scotland

Northern Ireland

Republic of Ireland

Wales..... (So that's the Uk and Ireland then...)

France

USA (Florida and Bangor, Maine)

Czech Republic (does it count any extra that I went 12 times?)

Austria

Serbia (Belgrade)

And that's it....

Oh, except technically, the principality of SeaLand - the worlds most successful micro-nation!

And Poland (Krakow, Wadowice) ;-)