For All The Bacon Lovers

Bacon-scented shaving cream hits the market

By Eric Pfeiffer, Yahoo! News | The Sideshow – 16 hrs ago

You can now purchase your own bacon scented shaving cream (J&D's)

Just when you think every bit of bacon innovation has been cooked up, another seemingly unbelievable creation is unveiled for the world to enjoy.

But today's new bacon offering is not to be eaten. Rather, it's to be used as part of the distinguished gentleman's grooming routine: bacon shaving cream.

For $14.99, you can purchase a limited-edition can of what creator J&D's Foods suggests "is best used after a hot shower or before an important date with someone you may want to spend the rest of your life with."

And in a video report from KIRO TV, at least one local Seattle barbershop swears the lather is top-notch, in addition to, well, smelling like bacon.

"You're going to feel good, you're going to smell good and you're probably going to taste good," J&D's Dave Lefkow tells KIRO. "This is something that every bacon-loving American male needs."

However, the bacon shaving cream is being produced in a limited run of 2,500. Let's hope that has nothing to do with the rumored bacon shortage threatening our collective futures.

Still, covering your face in bacon-scented shaving cream does pose its share of risks. The self-described "Bacontrepreneurs" at J&D's offer a fair warning to anyone using their new shaving cream: "Prepare to be loved, admired and possibly be eaten by bears."

Source: http://news.yahoo.co...-213053081.html

Am I the only one who read this and thought bacon sounded good right now? :yes:

I'm worried if I shave with this product and a guy kisses me afterwords and smells bacon he might decide to bite me instead. Eek!

• Like 1

Am I the only one who read this and thought bacon sounded good right now? Posted Image

I'm worried if I shave with this product and a guy kisses me afterwords and smells bacon he might decide to bite me instead. Eek!

Isn't that the point? :P

Not a fan of bacon... and I think the cooking smell and the smell of it isn't good at all.. lol. I'm going to make Aaron stick to his nice smelling shaving stuff.

Not a fan of bacon... and I think the cooking smell and the smell of it isn't good at all.. lol. I'm going to make Aaron stick to his nice smelling shaving stuff.

Have you ever tried cooking it in the oven? I can't cook bacon on the stove and microwaved bacon is awful. Plus, you can use parchment paper and there is far less mess.

Have you ever tried cooking it in the oven? I can't cook bacon on the stove and microwaved bacon is awful. Plus, you can use parchment paper and there is far less mess.

Yeah, I live in the south.. I know about every way imaginable to cook bacon.. lol.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

With the predicted North American wide bacon shortage (yes, even up here in Canada, bacon is in short supply :( ), I would buy stocks in the Bacon Aftershave company :P The price of that stink is going up :D

hmm...It might be fun and sexy to have a guy covered in bacon shaving cream , it brings new meaning to breakfast in bed :DPosted Image

Of course I'll cover him in Canadian maple syrup just to make it perfect... Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...