[DomLuka] Aaron Keslin. Evil? Or Just Misunderstood?

To be honest, I kind of miss Aaron. When he wasn't being an ass, I really liked his character. Whether or not he was pretending, lol.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Aaron too. I don't think it would be right to call him evil, that would be too harsh. But he made mistakes. A lot, actually. Still, the end was sad when he had to deal with the guilt and everything.

In many ways he was the most attractive,as in seductive, character in the story. Certainly for me his fall to earth or punishment was very harsh. I so wanted him redeemed. Yet at the same time I could feel his lure from the dark side. Kind of like one of those entanglements that you know you should run from, but which draw you on and on. For me Aaron was sort of the male equivalent of the Sirens I suppose. :lol:

It was interesting too how Seth faded as a character and I was initally so taken by him. Still as a book it had wonderful or as I prefer to say 'magical' moments.

Gearoid

It was interesting too how Seth faded as a character and I was initally so taken by him.

Gearoid

I understand that the romantic relationship between Luke and Aaron is juxtaposed to the more prosaic one between Rory and Seth. I might have liked to see a reunion of Aaron and Luke, but I acknowledge that Aaron being the selfish bastard he is made it impossible for Dom to put them together again in time. If Aaron had been a little bit more considerate of others, what dramatics could have ensued.

• 2 weeks later...

I think he is just misunderstood. Although what he did can not or probably ever be forgiven for that matter. But look it from his point of view, I mean his parents showed favoritism over his younger brother. He knew his parents would react bad to finding out if he was gay by how they reacted to finding out about Luke. I know in the heat of a situation like a scared 16 year old kid is going to do everything he can to stay dig himself out of trouble. I mean he wasn

All is not lost! :2hands: I'm convinced that Aaron will meet up with Taylor from TOU in some future Dom story. :read:

Taylor will make an honest man out of him. :wub:

Hugs,

Conner :boy:

I think Aaron has the capabilities to be a good person. I think right now he's immature and selfish but deep down I think his heart is good. Some people you just have to look deeper to see their good qualities. I don't even think Aaron knows yet that he has them. But I think they are there.

Aaron is one of the more interesting characters that you'll run into. Obviously he is a villain, the natural foil for Luke, but he is not the classic evil-for-evils sake over the top villain.

He is a more realistic type villain who is quite ordinary in all respects. His "evil" doesn't stem from malice but selfishness and bad choices.

He is like everyone is at 16: boy/man asked to make mature/immature choices. Aaron consistently choses the easy path-- the path to instant gratification, superficial acceptance and away from conflict.

Perhaps the reason that the character Aaron resonates with so many people is that there's a little bit of him in all of us.