Alright people, this came up in discussion the other day at the pub and it got me thinking. I am very proud of not having guilty pleasures. I feel no shame in telling my friends that I love Glee, or that I listen to Nickelback out of choice, or that i think Taylor Swift rocks. These are all things i feel no shame in.

But as it turns out, I do have a guilty pleasure that i don't share with my friends (and no, it's not GA)

I watch Say Yes to the Dress on Youtube. why, i have no idea, but i have seen every available episode. it is not something i can explain rationally. but there you go, there's my guilty pleasure.

Sharing time!

LOL  Maybe because I am older than most here, or maybe because of recent events in my life, but I see no reason to feel guilt over anything that gives you pleasure, so long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. What did they start calling it? The Red Hat Society, older women who decided that the opinions of others were just so much BS and they were going to do what makes em happy?  Sign me up!

• Site Administrator

Hmm... I get the idea of not being ashamed of what we enjoy, but I think we all have some things we just prefer to keep to ourselves. You don't necessarily have to feel guilty over it; it just is. However, I will not be admitting to the general populace some of my favorite stories, LOL. Even I have things I enjoy I won't share (me, not go on and on about a subject? *gasps* but yes, it is true) because they are a little ... out there, lol.

You know the eReader devices were really prompted in the beginning by erotica fans wanting an easier way to hide their guilty pleasures, LOL!

• Like 1

LOL  Maybe because I am older than most here, or maybe because of recent events in my life, but I see no reason to feel guilt over anything that gives you pleasure, so long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. What did they start calling it? The Red Hat Society, older women who decided that the opinions of others were just so much BS and they were going to do what makes em happy?  Sign me up!

I met some ladies from The Red Hat Society in Brighton once and they were awesome! like i said, i was proud of not having a guilty pleasure until i realised that there was no way i would announce SYTTD to the world at large.

just wanted to say that I absolutely love Justin Biber never admitted it to anyone due to good reason.

and also I  have every single album from the spice girls the same of it.

Don't you feel better now Scotty? :hug:

You know the eReader devices were really prompted in the beginning by erotica fans wanting an easier way to hide their guilty pleasures, LOL!

the only reason my god father bought one was to read dirty books. :lmao:  I swear you will find a copy of that 50shades rubbish  :thumbdown:  on like 90% of ereaders. except perhaps the ones owned by writers who have better taste :D

• Like 1

I used to play a game on facebook called farmville and when my friends asked me if I played I told them that the only reason I played was so my niece could get some help on her farm.. Poor girl... she doesn't play that at all :lol: Does it count, not to familiar with the term "guilty pleasure"

Sounds much too sensible :P

A guilty pleasure is where you know something is bad for you - like this

chocolate-pistachio-eclairs-013.jpg

... or is shameful / embarrassing to enjoy - like this :o

village-people1.jpg

... but you go ahead anyway :lol:

Edited by Zombie

village-people1.jpg

I am not ashamed of liking either of these things!

• Like 1

village-people1.jpg

... but you go ahead anyway :lol:

Kinda embarrasing to play farmville don't you think :blushing:  :facepalm:

• Like 1

Since 50 Shades was mentioned....

....I did kind of like it after I got past my initial distaste. Not sure if its a guilty pleasure though since I read those on the train (paperback). My friends dont know though :P

Since 50 Shades was mentioned....

....I did kind of like it after I got past my initial distaste. Not sure if its a guilty pleasure though since I read those on the train (paperback). My friends dont know though :P

:o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

proud of you for sharing though  :hug:

• Like 1

My guilty pleasure is. . . I always sing when I cook and it's a must that I need to have music. I have this thing that the kitchen is my temple, and no one, I mean NO ONE is to disturb me, especially if I'm cooking something for that person or for everyone.

Or if I have people around, I'd put my headset on and they'd know never to bother me. I gave my ex the evil eye one time for having a sneak-taste of the lasagne I was cooking. I nearly shoved his head in the oven.

He said to me, "Okay okay. I'm backing off. . . I'm backing off now."

And I also like to watch trash T.V. it makes my life normal that I don't have those issues that people have. I'm not saying the issues that are relevant, more like the ones wherein the actors in the show are discussing, "HOEMAHGAHD! I've got the wrong nail polish on. I'm gonna die. I can't live like this." 

I gave my ex the evil eye one time for having a sneak-taste of the lasagne I was cooking. I nearly shoved his head in the oven.

He said to me, "Okay okay. I'm backing off. . . I'm backing off now."

:P

My guilty pleasure is. . . I always sing when I cook and it's a must that I need to have music. I have this thing that the kitchen is my temple, and no one, I mean NO ONE is to disturb me, especially if I'm cooking something for that person or for everyone.

The last time my fiance tried to "help" in the kitchen i threw things at him. i missed because i throw like a girl, but he got the message. that was two years ago. now he watches from the sidelines and asks if he can please get the cola from the fridge.

• Like 1