Dom perfect. Everything about this was just as it needed to be. I loved it. I could feel how Jesse and Eddie would hear speakers blarning at first and then heading down to see what was going on. How they slowly moved into the scene before Rory actuai see the two of them.

VEry moving.

Only I do hae one question I must ask.

How does a group of guys not sit, yet sit around the table? :blink: If your a bit lost then reread the second last paragraph of this chapter and you will quickly clue in. :D

Dom great chapter I mean it dude.

What an amazing and beautiful chapter. The memories that Rory had when he heard his mom's voice. I just knew when luke pulled out those CD's that it wasn't music she had taken from him. I was just waiting for luke to put one in. I think thats when I really started to cry like a fool. I did keep it down so as not to wake anyone up. I remember my aunt did that for me and my sister when she moved to califonia. She taped herself reading stories. I think i have them still in my room somewhere, and now i want to listen to it.

Dom you are a gifted writer, and at times you drive us insaine, but at times like this, you convey such beautiful words and images.

You an amazing man Dom

:king:

Every time I read a part of this story that describes Rory's mom, I can't help but think how similar she is to my mom, with the major difference being mine is still alive (thank god). As I started reading this chapter, I predicted what was going to happen, and promtly started to cry. When I was finished reading it, I realized that the words used made it just that much more vivid and alive.

Kind of redundant, but Wow....I am officially without words to describe yours.

Thanks for writing Dom, You brighten our days.

-Conflagration

I guess saying wow at this point would be a little redundant huh? That was a great chapter. Nice one Dom. :thumbup:

I'd also like to add that this was one of the few pieces of writing I've ever had to chant to myself "I will not cry, I will not cry."

I liked how Rory seemed emotionally wrapped up in the opening of the present, and at the same time slightly detached as well. It was very real. The short flashbacks were also very sweet, and gave us some interesting glimpses into his life before this story.

Kudos on a well written chapter as that can't have been easy to write for many reasons.

damn, i was seriously on the verge of tears. so...yeah. just yeah. flashbacks make for the sadness. :,(

EDIT: actually, i think i would have cried, only i had to leave halfway through. i think that gave me time to cool down. perfect chapter. seriously.

Edited by Philistine

I really don't know what to say ...

The only other story I've read that was this emotional was "Life from a Distance: Ben" ... and the movie "Brokeback Mountain" was quite emotional as well ... I cried when I read all three, and I usually don't cry over stories or movies. Amazing stuff ...

This chapter filled me with mixed emotions. On the one hand it was the most pleasurable read i've had in quite some time ( I didnt cry but half an hour after reading it my stomache still feels like its been tied in knots). On the other hand my hopes fo a Luke and Rory ending have finally collapsed. I am officially turning coat and abandoning the LRITE cause because the signs of Lukes interest that I thought were obvious earlier in the story seem to have evaporated. At worst I'll be proven wrong and that would be far more preferable to clinging to hope and getting crushed when the story ends.

Wynter

me too..it's seriously a BIG wow for me..

Maybe you should seriously consider quitting your job and become a full time writer.

Such great talents shouldn't be put to waste.

This chapter certainly melted my heart and i do strongly believe this chap is your finest creation so far..

Dom, you are really amazing, do you know? :worship:

Cheers,

tarantio

Three days well spent waiting. It was fantastic, I loved the flashbacks, and I couldn't help but feel sad about him mom.

She just seemed soo cool, and down to earth...just like my mom. Well at least my mom, doesn't listen to my cd's before I can have them. Wow, I would argue too! Loved the story, I'm dying for more.

Looks like I'm sticking around, for your stories.

B)

What could I say that hasn't already been said? I just had to put my shades on so it hides the red rims around my eyes!

Beautiful writing, full of insight and deep feeling, but with a light touch that saves it from becoming cheesy and sentimental.

And Seth is SO sweet .... yeah like others I'm almost ready to admit that he's OK and Rory doesn't HAVE to get together with Luke!

Dom on behalf of everybody, I give you permission to write at least a hundred more chapters!!

Neil

Thanks Dom!

It is a beautiful chapter. It made me think of my Mom, who died of cancer when I was an infant. I wish I had the sound of her voice and the diary and memories she created for Rory. However, I am very very thrilled that Rory has them. (I am sure it made those of us who lost a sibling, parent or loved one feel that much more closer to them...and not to mention those whom we love who are with us..makes you want to grab them and tell them how much you love them:)

This was a tender yet honest mourning and celebration shined on Gina's life. Well done, Dom!

Luke, who lost his Mom, is a sweetheart. I felt his pain (as his nibbled on his finger nails).

I thought that the scene between Eddie and Rory over the wedding dress and Eddie telling Rory that Rory and not Eddie was the love of Rory's Mom's life was a Hallmark Moment of Moments. It was beautiful, touching and endearing.

Jase continues to be an amazing husband to Eddie and good friend to Rory.

Seth continues to prove to me why I feel that he and Rory are amazing and wonderful together. They make a great couple. I just see Luke as the best brother and best friend for Rory.

I continue to hope that Rory, particularly at the end of the chapter where he gives himself permission to miss his Mom but to also embrace the happy memories he has, as a first positive step that he will stay in Arizona. Luke, Eddie, Jase and even Seth are his family now.

Thanks again Dom for an awesome amazing chapter!

Michael

Amazing chapter Dom!! Totally emotional!! I don't have enough brain power to say anything more eloquent.

I continue to hope that Rory, particularly at the end of the chapter where he gives himself permission to miss his Mom but to also embrace the happy memories he has, as a first positive step that he will stay in Arizona. Luke, Eddie, Jase and even Seth are his family now.

Me too, like maybe he won't feel like he has to cling on to his previous life to preserve memories of his mother, because maybe he's seen that he has them with him wherever he is. Also maybe Gina's (that is his mom's name right?) diary will explain clearly why she wanted him to go there.

It was very touching.

I had a little cry myself, and I think it's good that, if you think about it, for the most part, there were no massive jumps in time with this story. It was all about one small slice of time, perhaps no more than an hour, maybe two. And yet it encompassed a whole chapter.

You could almost hear Luke's heart breaking... and of course, Eddie's line will go in history: "I wasn't the love of your mom's life. You were."

That flashback with young Rory (at only 6 I think it was) was beautiful. It was Rory without a doubt, but it also wasn't him. And it was lovely to see his mom come back for him.

I'm investing a lot more in this story than the TLW. How odd.

I also hope that Dom will seriously consider a professional career in writing. He definitely has the talent for it, and it would certainly be possible for him to do both professional writing and continue writing stories for his online readership. A good way to start would be to write a collection of short stories as opposed to a full-length novel, send a few stories off to some publishing companies, and see what their reaction is. A whole book isn't even necessary, a few short stories would be enough to see if publishing companies are interested. I think it's worth a shot. Writing love stories for a mainstream audience (as opposed to "gay fiction" that is normally only read by gays) would also do a great deal of good for helping people to better understand what many gay youth have to go through. I think the kind of stories that Dom has written could definitely touch both gay and straight people, and deserve an even wider audience.

That was such a great chapter! I loved it, I know I've said this about a few of the other chapters in the past, but I really think this one was the BEST! I cried for practically the entire chapter, and now it's raining so I think I'm going to have a nice melancholy walk in the rain.

(hello I cried when the ant died on Honey I shrunk the kids )

that was a really sad part in the movie, I remember crying too.

I'd also like to add that this was one of the few pieces of writing I've ever had to chant to myself "I will not cry, I will not cry."

aww ya shoulda just gone with it Shadows :P

The only other story I've read that was this emotional was "Life from a Distance: Ben" ... and the movie "Brokeback Mountain" was quite emotional as well ... I cried when I read all three, and I usually don't cry over stories or movies. Amazing stuff ...

I cried WAY more with this chapter than with brokeback, but that could have been largely because I was in the privacy of my room as opposed to a moive theater. But also I think because it's easier for me to Identify with Rory.

You could almost hear Luke's heart breaking... and of course, Eddie's line will go in history: "I wasn't the love of your mom's life. You were."

That was a really awesome and touching quote, and I read it several times too, but my favorite was:

"My grandma always told stories about my grandpa having freakishly large fingers," I said. "You can

Another amazing chapter from Dom! Seth endeared himself to me a little more by being understanding when Rory cancelled on him and showed up at the house just to make sure Rory was OK. My heart went out to Luke who I imagined was feeling mixed emotions of being happy for Rory and saddened that he didn't have these items to remember his mom with. I think Rory reached the critical mass with Eddie needed to stay in Arizona and I think even if Seth wasn't in the picture, he would now stay simply to have a relationship with his Dad.

Thanks Dom and I'm looking forward to the next chapter!

STeve