Two Kids Have a McDonald's Banquet

Here's a cute, "don't kids do the darndest things" story about two teenaged guys who decided to dress up, bring a tablecloth, plates, and silverware to their local Mickie D's in London, and have a real feast.

What I enjoy about this story is that I love it when people take a mundane, ordinary environment, and do something really quirky and unexpected within said environment. People bitch so much about how awful teenagers are, but one thing I love about them is how creative and off-beat they can get in their quest to have some fun.

Check out their photos:

mcdonalds18n-1-web.jpg

cover.jpg

mcdonalds.jpg

Pretty funny, and pretty bro-mantic. Really made me miss the days when I was a teenager and my friends would come up with off-beat, weird ideas like this. I mean, yes, I can already read Yang Bang's sarcastic, "This is earth-shattering news?" comment, but I like the off-beat, human interest stories. Plus...I mean, we can't really post much hard-hitting news here anyway as 90 percent of serious news stories can have some kind of political angle to it.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 5

Hey now! You don't have to be a teenager or a kid to do things like this! Why just last Saturday and my roommate and I were getting stir crazy and so we both went out near our apartment to the sidewalk along the big, busy street where a gas station and convenience store could be found. Perched in front of those establishments, we began to dance. Some fine numbers we did that Westerners might recognize included The Crazy Bollywood Song, Thriller, a Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers bit, Empire State of Mind (I was Alicia Keyes, he was Jay-Z) and Poker Face. It was kind of similar to the example above, at first the gas station guy asked us to leave, but after we pointed out we were dancing on the sidewalk, which was public property and it was clear we were attracting customers to the gas station, he let us stay. We danced for about an hour and felt much better when we went back inside, thankyouverymuch.

So I love news stories like these! Stuff like when a couple from Atlanta decided to not let a beautiful feast go to waste. After their daughter canceled the wedding, they decided  to host a fancy, four-course meal for the homeless.

atlanta1.jpg

Carol and Willie Fowler had planned a wonderful dinner for their daughter's wedding and even though they had plenty of time to cancel it (40 days remained) they decided to turn it into an event where more than 200 homeless showed up to partake of a feast they'd probably rarely or never had the chance to eat. The Fowlers aren't revealing why their daughter canceled (perhaps the future husband discovered he was gay!) and I'm sure we don't need the reasons; it is happier to note that bride-to-be Tamara Fowler also appeared at the feast and reportedly enjoyed herself, turning what could have been a painful reminder into an expression of generosity. The Fowlers are happy they could do it and seem enthused to make it an annual habit from here on out. Three cheers for the Fowlers!

We turn now to the news of a young Colorado boy in the hospital for treatment for acid reflux. One of the doctors noticed the boy's stuffed wolf had an inch-long hole in it, so she stitched the wolf up.

Hospitalized_boy_and_plush_wolf-JoshuaWa

Some time after returning home, the young boy took off his wolf friend's bandages and pronounced him, "All better now."

• Like 4

So you set up your own "So You Think You Can Dance' show.  I'm sure it went over well. 

I love the idea of not wasting the banquet and inviting the homeless to enjoy.  That was pretty special.  I also got a kick out of the boy's reaction to his stuffed wolf being sewn up.  Kids are just so adorable. 

I was in what was probably the first flashmob in Oslo, before everyone had heard of it and thought it had to entail complicated dance routines. It was a so-called Mexican Stand-Off. We all gathered in a place at an appointed time, pretending to mind out own business. Then someone started pointing their fingers at people, like guns, and then everyone did the same. Someone said 'bang', and we all pretended to die. Then we got up and walked our separate ways like nothing had happened. It was pretty cool. I think I was 17 or 18 at the time.

I'm wearing a leather coat somewhere on the far side of the group. :P

• Like 2

Zombie's right - in this day and age that  could start real shooting! Doesn't take much to push someone over the line any more.

Not in Oslo, dear. We have no guns. :P Zombie's point, I assume, was about the terror of two years ago. Even with that taken into consideration, this would go down fine today as well. Norwegians are very pragmatic. We won't let some gun-toting, racist, extremist, terrorist arsehole ruin our fun!

Carol and Willie Fowler had planned a wonderful dinner for their daughter's wedding and even though they had plenty of time to cancel it (40 days remained) they decided to turn it into an event where more than 200 homeless showed up to partake of a feast they'd probably rarely or never had the chance to eat. The Fowlers aren't revealing why their daughter canceled (perhaps the future husband discovered he was gay!) and I'm sure we don't need the reasons; it is happier to note that bride-to-be Tamara Fowler also appeared at the feast and reportedly enjoyed herself, turning what could have been a painful reminder into an expression of generosity. The Fowlers are happy they could do it and seem enthused to make it an annual habit from here on out. Three cheers for the Fowlers!

This is the most uplifting thing i think i have ever read. thank you!