What Do You Drive?

Sasha Distan

I don´t drive. I get around by using my bicycle and buses or taxis. More ecological for me and much cheaper than keeping a car.

I mostly walk, if it's not too far, in which case I take a bus or tram or the underground. Living in a city is pretty useful that way. :P I don't cycle. I had a traumatic experience with bicycles when I was 10. :P 

• Like 1

I mostly walk, if it's not too far, in which case I take a bus or tram or the underground. Living in a city is pretty useful that way. :P I don't cycle. I had a traumatic experience with bicycles when I was 10. :P

I can guarantee that I will never return to living in a city. one year was 11 months too many.

The first car I owned was a 1968 Plymouth Roadrunner, 383 cu. in. engine, white, black vinyl top with black rolled and pleated leather interior.  No power anything except the engine could go like a bat out of hell.  I had it up to over 140 mph on a track a couple of times.

"You've changed, man."

A neighbor had one of these when I was a kid. Can you say "scalded dog?" It was a screamer.

• Like 1

I had a traumatic experience with my bicycle and someone else´s car some years ago. Luckily I was wearing my helmet, otherwise I wouldn´t be cycling anymore. I´m still amazed that only things that got broken were my bike and helmet. After that I always wear my helmet and never presume that people driving cars know when they should stop, I always stop first.

I had a traumatic experience with my bicycle and someone else´s car some years ago. Luckily I was wearing my helmet, otherwise I wouldn´t be cycling anymore. I´m still amazed that only things that got broken were my bike and helmet. After that I always wear my helmet and never presume that people driving cars know when they should stop, I always stop first.

Mine was when I was ten, and I had only just learnt to cycle and we were on a bicycle trip with my class. We got to this hill I was really uncertain about cause it looked quite steep, but my teacher made me go down it anyway and then my wheel caught on a rock and I went flying. I didn't break anything, but I got pretty bruised and it hurt a lot. I've tried cycling since, but I just never feel safe. Ironically, I really want a motorcycle license, though. :P Feels a lot safer, much more solid. 

I drive a zombie-green Renault clio, his name is Karl :gikkle:

Hehe, me too. The colour is known to me as "tropical-frog-green". Said car has no name, even though I've had it for quite a while.

In French, car (une voiture) is a feminine noun, so cars over here may get a female name. Never heard of a male name for a car. :P

• Like 1

Hehe, me too. The colour is known to me as "tropical-frog-green". Said car has no name, even though I've had it for quite a while.

In French, car (une voiture) is a feminine noun, so cars over here may get a female name. Never heard of a male name for a car. :P

I love frogs and I love green  so I was very happy when I bought my "tropical-frog-green" car.. I blame my friend - she named her Karl :lol:

• Like 1

I love frogs and I love green  so I was very happy when I bought my "tropical-frog-green" car.. I blame my friend - she named her Karl :lol:

And I love you!

• Like 1

I've never been too worried about what vehicle I've driven as long as it's reliable and gets me from Point A to Point B. But in the past I've owned a 1997 Ranger, and a 2001Ranger 4x4 extended cab, so I know why you love yours, Sasha. These days I drive a pretty sedate 2012 Ford Escape. But in my defense, it has all the bells and whistles I could get on it. LOL!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I drive the Big Blue Mom Minivan. Plenty of room for brats, visitors, visiting brats, bikes, etc. We've managed to stuff it with 7 people and car camping supplies, food, and toys, for a week. When it's at capacity with 3 generations and all our crap, and I'm driving, I feel like Noah piloting the Ark. I love it with all my heart :-)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Since I clean cars for a rental agency, I drive lots of things: big Dodge Ram pickups, little Nissan Frontier pickups, Cadillacs, Infiniti, minvans, 15 passenger vans, sedans and coupes of all sizes. And yesterday, a zombie green Festiva.

My first car was a metallic black 2009 Chevrolet Aveo (it was the Team Canada edition). I have changed it last month for a Silver 2014 Chevrolet Trax.

I never really thought about naming either one.