[LittleBuddhaTW] Someday Out Of the Blue

I've been very pleased so far with the response to Chapter 6. In the first twenty-four hours since posting the announcement for Ch. 6 in the "Story Announcements" forum, there have already been 114 hits, plus lots of discussion in the Yahoo group (much more than any other chapter), and I've received quite a few e-mails as well.

I think an important thing to remember is that there is no such thing as the perfect love or perfect lover. Each of the characters has their "faults," and makes mistakes when it comes to their relationships and how they interact with each other. Not to mention, they're just teenagers, very unsure of their feelings, what they mean, and how to deal with them, how to react to the stresses of their relationships, environments, etc. The question is, can they accept these "faults" and "mistakes" for what they are and move past them, while still able to maintain their relationships (whether platonic friendship, romantic interest, etc.)

I think everyone will enjoy Chapter 7. It is by far the longest chapter so far in the story.

Also, the story is now hosted in the "Shared Members Hosting" section on GayAuthors, so check it out if you have a chance:

http://members.gayauthors.org/littlebuddhatw/index.html

:boy:

Edited by LittleBuddhaTW
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished reading chapter 7 and THANK YOU! Another great chapter... and for anyone who hasn't read it yet

I am in such a state of euphoria right now... Now for Maggie to get off her duff and do what she knows she needs to do! But in the meantime, thank you for Ryan and Connor's happiness...

I loved chapter 7. It was just such a happy, feel good chapter! LOL I went to bed thinking all is right with the world :)

I agree with Trebbs though; I hope Maggie does do something to get Connor out of that environment. Oh and I think this was my favourite part:

That's it? It wasn't like he accidentally ran over my foot with his bicycle or something. There were real emotions involved here, at least for me. And he's just "sorry?" I wanted to start yelling at him, or at least as close as I could come to yelling with the condition my voice was in. Yeah, that's what I was going to do, I was going to bitch at him for being such an asshole! I hoped I would make him really cry, too. He deserved to feel the same kind of pain, emptiness, and loneliness that I had been feeling. He deserved it, dammit!

"Me, too," I said.

Huh? How in the hell did that come out of my mouth?

:lmao::lol:

Anyway I loved it David, I can't wait for the next one! :D

Kevin

Anyway I loved it David, I can't wait for the next one! :D

Kevin

It's all in Kitty's hands now ... hehe 0:)

But if she messages me and says she's been getting hate mail, I'll have to cut everyone off and start posting lesbian stories instead! :devil:

:funny:

P.S.- No offense to any lesbians out there!!!!!!

Excellent story David!!

I won't pick and pull it apart just now, but I just wanted to say Thank You for a very realistic story that grabbed my attention in the first part of chapter 1.

Also thanx for your words of wisdom for me in chat--I'm trying my damndest to change now that I know I really want to!! Or have to as the case may be, but still.......

:hug: Tim TS

I'm glad you all are enjoying it. It's been a lot of fun to write, and I've learned a lot working with Kitty. Chapter 10 might take a little while, because Kitty's currently working on editing a short story I sent her, although it's a pretty long short story. But hopefully both will be posted sometime in the next couple of weeks. But Kitty does such an excellent job cleaning up the stories, so I think in the end it's worth the wait. I'm currently writing Chapter 13 now. :D

I'm also sure everyone noticed the "dedication" on Chapter 9! lol :wub:

I really am sappy and pathetic, aren't I? lol

For members of the Yahoo! group, there's a poll where you can vote on your favorite character so far. It's been updated to include choices like Cody and his mom, Tatyana (aka "Petunia").

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/littlebuddhatw_stories

LBTW

Okay David. So far I love this story, it is great. I love the word choice that you use, and the language, it just all sounds good. I also like some of the things you put in it like this:

The worst part was that ninety percent of them were just so poorly written. I mean, come on, I may have been only fifteen, but I at least knew how to spell and use proper grammar and punctuation, for the most part. Many of those authors, it seemed, were adults, and they couldn't even do that. Gimme a break!
Talking about internet stories, that really made me laugh. :2thumbs:

I also loved this sentence because of the word fiend:

He's not the little sex fiend that I may have made him out to sound like.

I love it!

I cannot wait to finish this story. :D

:hug: David.

Kurt :D

Edited by shy_kurt

Hey Guys :D

I've been meaning to post my thoughts and comments since the last chapter but I'm just getting around to it.

So anyway I think one of the things that struck me the most about chapter 8 was the fact that Connor kept wanting to ask Mikey what was going on with him and Toby. I would have naturally assumed that he'd be more comfortable asking Toby, not to mention he would have had many more opportunities to do so. Does he feel some sort of special bond with Mikey? Or is it just because he and Mikey have already discussed Mikey's previous relationship with Toby? (which is what I'm guessing) Personally I'd have wanted to get both perspectives anyway.

So chapter 9:

I really liked the chapter, and overall I guess I got more of a "warm fuzzy" feeling than ticked off. BUT a couple of things bugged me. First and foremost Cody and Connor's kiss :thumbdown: . I was really disappointed that Cody suggested it knowing about Ryan and Connor's relationship. I was EXTREMELY disappointed that Connor let it happen, then I was pretty much shocked (and disappointed) that Ryan pretty much blew it off and basically said, "yeah he's cute, I can see why you'd want to kiss him, you guys mess around all you like just don't leave me." :blink:

Immediately, I began to feel guilty. Did I just cheat on Ryan?

Yep, in my opinion Connor did just cheat on Ryan.

I didn't really want to tell him about the kiss, but I felt like I had to.

That's a start

After I did, his reaction was entirely different from what I had expected, which was to push me out of the moving car.

Well I might not have pushed Connor out of the moving car, but I definitely think a serious, relationship re-evaluating talk was in order! Connor's lucky Ryan's apparently more casual about those kinds of things than I am; if he pulled that with me he'd have been in the dog house a long time, and I'd only have moved past it and continued the relationship at all if I was convinced it wouldn't happen again.

The other thing that bugged me a bit was that Connor (and Ryan??) are already trying to figure out how to play matchmaker with Toby and Cody. Now I'm not opposed to Toby and Cody getting together, indeed I think it sounds hot too :boy: . What bothers me is that they mostly seem to have given up on Mikey. Let's step back and look at it. Ryan and Connor didn't speak for weeks after a "misunderstanding", but Mikey and Toby went out of their way to get them to work it out. Toby and Mikey have a misunderstanding, and Connor (and looks to me like Ryan too) just sorta go, "gee that really sucks! Oh well, let's hook him up with Cody!"

Anyway I did really enjoy the story and I'm not complaining exactly, just stating my opinions. It wouldn't be any good if the characters just behaved exactly as I wanted them to, it would just be like one of my fantasies or something. No, this is a good story because the characters interact in unique and different ways, ways that are foreign to me.

I have to say I REALLY liked Cody and his mom. They seem like exactly the sort of people I'd like to be friends with!

Anyway I loved this chapter, can't wait for the next one :D

Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace

I think it's about time I say how much I've been enjoying the story since I first looked at it a couple of weeks ago. The characters are interesting and the difference between the homes of the characters adds something to the realism of the story... and best of all, it's got TWO red-heads :wub::wub::wub: I've always had a thing for redheads!

Thanks David and I'm looking forward to the next chapter when Kitty's done her magic!

Steve

OMGG!!!!! i cant belive they are taking a "break" although conner did cheat on ryan .. he should of said something the first time it happend so conner knew that it wasnt a good thing. i almost wanted to cry when i read that part it was soo like heartbreaking i felt like i was watching it being acted out it felt real .. great chapter can't wait to see what happens next

OH noo, don't let Connor and Ryan break up. They are such a wonderfull couple. I really liked the chapter. The closeness between ryan and connor but also the love between Ryan and his brother Toby. The story is really touching

Can't wait to see the next chapter... :2thumbs:

Max

OH noo, don't let Connor and Ryan break up. They are such a wonderfull couple. I really liked the chapter. The closeness between ryan and connor but also the love between Ryan and his brother Toby. The story is really touching

Can't wait to see the next chapter... :2thumbs:

Max

I'm glad you're enjoying reading it, as I've certainly been enjoying the writing process. :D

Chapter 11 is pretty short (at least compared with the rest of the chapters), so I don't imagine it should take Kitty too long to edit it. She's the one who makes the story so much more readable, so I think the wait is worth it in the end. So, I hope that people will thank her for editing as much as they thank me for writing, because it really is a team effort!

I really do not like Cody. :/ Yes Conner does not have to kiss Cody back at all, or he could tell Cody no, but he has been through a lot, and he is a very confused boy.

David, I love your story. :2thumbs: I cannot wait for chapter 11.

Kurt:D

I really do not like Cody. :/ Yes Conner does not have to kiss Cody back at all, or he could tell Cody no, but he has been through a lot, and he is a very confused boy.

David, I love your story. :2thumbs: I cannot wait for chapter 11.

I'm glad you like it, Kurtie ... even though you don't like redheads ... hehe :P

I've already received the first edit of Chapter 11 from Kitty, so everything's on schedule for the next posting next weekend, and Kitty has "ordered" me to release Chapter 12 very shortly thereafter ... so I hope everyone will enjoy!

Unfortunately, Kitty's getting too fast for me now, so I've gotta start writing faster again so I can stay at least several chapters ahead of her! :lol:

Competing with Kitty david lol, Some redheads are hot creamy skin hmm. :P

I'm glad you like it, Kurtie ... even though you don't like redheads ... hehe :P

I've already received the first edit of Chapter 11 from Kitty, so everything's on schedule for the next posting next weekend, and Kitty has "ordered" me to release Chapter 12 very shortly thereafter ... so I hope everyone will enjoy!

Unfortunately, Kitty's getting too fast for me now, so I've gotta start writing faster again so I can stay at least several chapters ahead of her! :lol:

As per Kitty's excellent suggestion (YAY! Kitty!) :P and Myr's benevolence, we now have our own forum to discuss "Someday Out Of the Blue" and my other stories ... so any further discussion should be directed there ...

LittleBuddhaTW's Stone Grotto

https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/index.php?showforum=78

:read:

And there should be plenty to talk about when Ch. 11 comes out later this week ... ::drum roll::

• 2 weeks later...