[LittleBuddhaTW] Someday Out Of the Blue

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a thing for redheads do we, lil' Buddha? :D

Nice opening chapter! :2thumbs: Ryan's a sweetheart with his winks and wiggling eyebrows. I've always loved flirts. Dr. Mom seems cool, too.

I like Connor's sense of humour - a little self-deprecating, but perhaps Ryan (or maybe Toby??) will cure him of that.

Stop hogging the chapters, Kitty! :2hands: :funny:

Hugs,

Conner :boy:

Got a thing for redheads do we, lil' Buddha? :D

Hehe! Actually, I don't have a particular thing for redheads ... hair or eye color are traits that have never mattered much to me (although having lived in Taiwan now for the past five years, I'm getting a little tired of black hair and brown eyes everywhere I turn :lol: ).

A number of people have asked me if any of this is autobiographical in any way or based on people or events that actually happened ... and surprisingly, the answer is no. The whole story (I'm now working on Ch. 5) came completely from my imagination.

Kitty's been really great so far with the editing. I've given her four chapters so far, and she'd better not give out any spoilers! hehe

Anyway, thanks for the comments and encouragement! I'm really kinda liking this whole writing thing ... it's sure been coming out a lot faster than my damn M.A. thesis did! :P

LBTW

Very cool! I'll definitely be reading this.

Thanks a lot, EleCivil! That means a lot coming from an author whose works I've likewise enjoyed reading very, very much! :worship:

Just in the past twelve or so hours since posting the first chapter, I've gotten lots of emails, and have been really surprised at the positive response. Now I'm starting to see how authors manage to keep on writing, the positive feedback really is encouraging. :D

Kitty's been really great so far with the editing. I've given her four chapters so far, and she'd better not give out any spoilers! hehe

Anyway, thanks for the comments and encouragement! I'm really kinda liking this whole writing thing ... it's sure been coming out a lot faster than my damn M.A. thesis did! :P

LBTW

Hey Kitty,

Did you notice how lil' Buddha said you're doing great.......so far. :lmao: Better keep on your toes, girl! You, too, can be replaced! :P

:devil: The devil made me post this! 0:)

Hugs,

Wow! Awesome chapter dude! I really really can't wait to read the next one. I feel so sorry for Connor :( . I kept wishing he would just tell Ryan, Toby, or Maggie what was going on so they could help him....But I guess if he did that in chapter 2 there wouldn't be much story left...

Anyway teriffic job :D

All the best,

Kevin

That was a sweet chapter, lil' Buddha. :2thumbs:

Even given Connor's home environment, a part of him must feel like he just won the lottery. He has not one but two redheads smiling and winking at him....sort of like finding an oasis in your own personal desert. Mind you, the oasis has given him cause to question his sexuality. Everything in life seems to come with a price. :(

I really like the way Toby's making the moves on his brother's friend. Ryan's handling that very well, I must say.

Onward and forward, Buddha-dude. :D

Hugs,

Ok so when I made the last entry it was 3 in the morning and I was pretty sleepy. But I did have a few observations.

It's probably just the psychology major in me, but I loved how this chapter kept relating to Maslow's hierarchy of needs. I mean first off Connor kept mentioning how he'd never noticed attractiveness before because he was always so preoccupied with survival, then again later he mentions how he hadn't even noticed little things like birds singing etc. I mean it's just such a perfect, blatant example, but also so believable and "real". Did you put this in on purpose or was it just a natural coincedence?

Also as Conner pointed out it's interesting to watch for Ryan's reaction to his brother's advances on Connor. Ryan seems like quite the wild card. I was convinced in the first chapter that it was he who was most interested in Connor, and most likely to be gay. Now I'm still curious about whether or not he's gay. And either way does he know about his brother? And what about mom? Does she know her boys wanted to play more than just basketball with Connor?

Anyway I can't wait to find out if any of these questions are answered in the next chapter, awesome job dude,

Kevin

Fantastic story - just discovered it last night - DOH - and via Nifty - DOH DOH... But at least I found it - and so far, love it.

Also made me really think with the ending of the 2nd chapter and made me go out and find the info in PDR:

Possible food and drug interactions when taking Klonopin

Klonopin slows the nervous system and its effects may be intensified by alcohol. Do not drink while taking Klonopin.

If Klonopin is taken with certain other drugs, the effects of either could be increased, decreased, or altered. It is especially important to check with your doctor before combining Klonopin with the following:

Antianxiety drugs such as Valium

Antidepressant drugs such as Elavil, Nardil, Parnate, and Tofranil

Barbiturates such as phenobarbital

Carbamazepine (Tegretol)

Major tranquilizers such as Haldol, Navane, and Thorazine

Narcotic pain relievers such as Demerol and Percocet

Oral antifungal drugs such as Fungizone, Mycelex, and Mycostatin

Other anticonvulsants such as Dilantin, Depakene, and Depakote

Sedatives such as Halcion

Hmm - can't wait to see how Ch 3 starts now :D

Bottom line - great descriptions, great potential conflicts - very engaging story and also very believable. And the fact that you're here, and using Kitty as an editor, just shows the power of this site and the community of authors, editors and readers that Myr and others are creating and fostering. :2thumbs:

I'm really glad to see all of the positive comments, and am pleased that everyone's enjoying the story so far. Ch. 3 should be posted by this weekend (hopefully) ... I'm just waiting for Kitty to send me the final revised draft (second check for any last mistakes), and then I'll send it in to Nifty. It should be on my web site about 12-24 hours prior to showing up on Nifty in case anyone's really anxious.

As for Klonopin, you do need to be very careful with that. It's very good for what it does (anti-anxiety), but should only be taken as a short-term solution. Oftentimes what doctors will do for a patient that is suffering from serious anxiety is that they will prescribe something like Paxil as the longer-term solution, but since Paxil takes at least three weeks to kick in, they'll prescribe something like Klonopin or Xanax for the short-term, which has immediate results (kicks in after about 15-20 minutes). If taken too long, however, they are highly addictive. A good example is Stevie Nicks of the band Fleetwood Mac, who was addicted to Klonopin for many years.

Why do I know all this? hehe My mom's a pharmacist, so I did my research. :D

Ok, WOW! I LOVED that chapter, David! I really enjoyed the first two, but that last one was just amazing! Definitely my favourite of the three :) . I know I shouldn't whine and you'll release the next chapter next week, but I just can't wait to see what happens next. Pleeeease 0:):boy:

Also I've definitely decided I'm rooting for Ryan/connor now! But I am curious about this Mikey too...hmmmm. Anyway, I'm in Ryan's corner now :) .

Thanks for posting it for us, can't wait for the next chapter **hint hint** :P:boy: , just kidding release when you're ready, but don't "hold yourself back" if you don't want to ;):D

Have an awesome day everyone and take care,

Kevin

Hey...

I found this story on nifty right after you first posted it and have eagerly awaited updates. I really like what I've read so far and can't wait for the next chapter.

I'm torn between the Ryan/Connor Toby/Connor thing you've got set up. On the one-hand we have Ryan who is the first person to show any interest in Connor that is his age and is obviously cute and attractive in various ways. Then there is Toby who is being quite obvious in his liking of Connor and is quite adorable himself. I am leaning towards Ryan though... yes.

Edited by Scott

Nice job on chapter 4! :worship: I really enjoy your sense of humour.

This cliffhanger thing is reaching epidemic proportions around GA. :wacko: I suppose the story so far was begging for this one.

I should be so lucky to have Connor's dilemma. :lol:

Maggie's a saint.

Hugs,

Chapter 5 is now up ...

Thanks again to Kitty for doing such a great job editing! :2thumbs:

Chapter 6 is already completed and edited, so if I get lots of feedback (hint, hint) on Chapter 5, I may be tempted to post the next chapter faster than usual ... hehe

:P

It is a great story so far - and this chapter did not disappoint. I loved how it was both sad and at times comical. Especially the rant about internet gay stories - was quite humorous.

I am really enjoying this story and your writing - looking forward to more of both.

PS (spoiler):

The Mikie scene took me by complete surprise - and that's a very good thing. I also liked his view of Ryan's sexuality and the acceptance that everything isn't black and white. I think Connor has a good potential friend in Mikie and hope he starts to allow Mikie to be that friend.

I completely agree with Trebs' spoiler! Which by the way I was quite delighted to figure out how to read! I feel like I just deciphered a dead language or something.

Anyway I really loved that chapter. I was so ticked off when I found out how much time had passed since the events of chapter 4 without Ryan and Connor discussing it. I also really want to give Connor a good talking to! I mean I can understand his feelings, and I realize he's new to all this, but he's just being stupid rejecting Toby, Mikie, and the other. PLUS if he stayed friends with the group he'd stand a much better chance of making up with Ryan since they'd be around each other a bunch, and he could gradually worm his way back into Ryan's good graces (if he has in fact fallen from them). Anyway I really hope in the next chapter we see him start to open up to his perspective friends.

I'm REALLY enjoying this story, David, thanks so much for posting it for us :) I can't wait to find out what happens next (I really can't,,,,so maybe you should post it early ;):P:boy: )

Have an awesome day everyone and take care,

Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace
Chapter 5 is now up ...

Chapter 6 is already completed and edited, so if I get lots of feedback (hint, hint) on Chapter 5, I may be tempted to post the next chapter faster than usual ... hehe

I was hoping there'd be a new chapter up when I got home today from a weekend away. I really like this story. It's interesting. I can't wait for the next chapter, you've really got me excited for the talent show! I want to see the school reaction to what is set to be another of Connor's amazing talented performances. I'm also, of course, eager to see how Ryan wil react - hopefully into at least talking terms with Connor, maybe even more? although a slow more. Heh.

Well, at least he doesn't want me to die, I thought. That's got to count for something, right?

For someone in love, yes, this is definitely something to hang on to. :lol::music:

Chapter 6 was just great. The best one yet! :2thumbs: Certainly, Briar got his wish.

More, please. :wub:

Hugs,