Has Angus stopped bleeding from the mouth and nose yet? All that abstinence is bad for the blood pressure.

I don't know but if I ever get on board I would be willing to give him a check up..although that might be bad for my blood pressure :o

• Like 1

Tim: what would it take to convince you?

Good morning, y'all. Well, I guess this chapter might do it, but let's see if Priest and Arbor reverts back to bad behavior after the honeymoon is over. They do seem sincere in their new found attitudes, though.

PS went back to 'like' the chapter, just to see Mann's rep counter end on 4444 LOL

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 4

Good morning, y'all. Well, I guess this chapter might do it, but let's see if Priest and Arbor reverts back to bad behavior after the honeymoon is over. They do seem sincere in their new found attitudes, though.

PS went back to 'like' the chapter, just to see Mann's rep counter end on 4444 LOL

Tim, you recalcitrant pain in the butt. Just go ahead and admit that you were 'confused' about Priest and he's really a loveable scruffy sock monkey himself! :thumbup:

• Like 3

Just go ahead and admit that you were 'confused' about Priest and he's really a loveable scruffy sock monkey himself!  :thumbup:

Speaking of sock monkeys, I quote from my review:

Now I've only got one problem---Dannverse says Priest put the APB out for Mr. Wiggles "days ago," and yet the wretched monkey's only just been returned? Who's the heartless monster who's been holding onto a comatose hero's sock monkey??? I am shocked.  :o

And of course the answer leaps to mind immediately: Angus.  :angry: Bet you anything that monkey's crusty.

• Like 2

Tim, you recalcitrant pain in the butt. Just go ahead and admit that you were 'confused' about Priest and he's really a loveable scruffy sock monkey himself! :thumbup:

Yep, that's a pretty good characterization of me. :lol: 

I'm not the least bit confused about Priest, and I'd certainly never consider him loveable.

I'm not romantic enough to believe in the idea of a rake being redeemed via love without some hard evidence.

But I'm fine with Priest being a rake who loves Arbor and is loved by him in return.

Just don't expect me to fall in line and say 'oh I knew all along he was a good guy'  :no:

• Like 4

I can't call Priest a model boyfriend, nor would I say he was a good roll model. What he is is an over grown juvenile delinquent. That does not mean he is not capable of loving, or that he doesn't deserve the chance.

Edited by Kitt
  • Like 3

I can't call Priest a model boyfriend, nor would I say he was a good roll model. What he is is an over grown juvenile delinquent. That does not mean he is not capable of loving, or that he doesn't deserve the chance.

Over grown juvenile delinquent. Yup. And you better not have any issues with that, I resemble that remark! :P

EEEEWWwwwwwww...

Took the expression right out of my mouth!

• Like 4

Over grown juvenile delinquent. Yup. And you better not have any issues with that, I resemble that remark! :P

Not a problem in the world with it. My dad was the worlds oldest juvenile delinquent!  He had mobility issues after a stroke, and at the age of 74 managed to fracture his leg walking down the beach without his cane because he stepped in a depression left by the crew working on the walkways. He was too busy watching the bikini's to watch where he put his feet!

• Like 2

Yep, that's a pretty good characterization of me. :lol:

I'm not the least bit confused about Priest, and I'd certainly never consider him loveable.

I'm not romantic enough to believe in the idea of a rake being redeemed via love without some hard evidence.

But I'm fine with Priest being a rake who loves Arbor and is loved by him in return.

Just don't expect me to fall in line and say 'oh I knew all along he was a good guy'  :no:

What the heck Timmy!  :o

First off, a rake is just a promiscuous man, and I don't see how Priest stands out from the rest of the crew in that regard. And he's not even that different from Arbor, who didn't balk at winning a night with him in a poker game. The only person on the Santa Claus who's NOT a rake is Angus, but Arbor's not like Angus: he was all for a bit of casual sex.

Secondly, Priest is definitely broken in the ethics department, but I do think he's very lovable. He's compassionate and sensitive to Arbor's feelings, and is still trying to care for Costa even when he could retreat into an offended huff because Costa used him and then nearly killed (edit: everyone on board). He's genuinely kind and caring, and while I wouldn't buy any bridges from him, I think he could be a very good friend in times of trouble. I'm not sure I think he needs redeeming.

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 2

I like Priest because of his loose morals and questionable ethics. Makes him more interesting. I'm tired of the cookie cutter characters that seem to populate 99% of the stories on GA. At least Mann writes interesting characters and rarely resorts to them acting stupid in order to advance the story. Their flaws make them real and therefore easier to relate to.  I want to strangle all these characters that keep repeating the same mistakes and then resort to whining 

• Like 5

Awesome chapter...my heart is still pounding...it's a scary thing they are doing. Priest and Arbor really putting themselves out there for Costa. I hope it all ends well...I expected to hear the music from Mission   Impossible :unsure2:

• Like 1

I like Priest because of his loose morals and questionable ethics. Makes him more interesting. I'm tired of the cookie cutter characters that seem to populate 99% of the stories on GA. At least Mann writes interesting characters and rarely resorts to them acting stupid in order to advance the story. Their flaws make them real and therefore easier to relate to.  I want to strangle all these characters that keep repeating the same mistakes and then resort to whining 

He's reforming pretty quickly though, Carlos....

• Like 2

He's reforming pretty quickly though, Carlos....

And i I find that perfectly normal, Irri. It shows he's growing and adapting to circumstances and responding to events. One more way in which Mann makes him more 'real'. OK I've had enough coffee, time to tackle the new chapter. Hold all my calls for abit, would you?  :P

And i I find that perfectly normal, Irri. It shows he's growing and adapting to circumstances and responding to events. One more way in which Mann makes him more 'real'. OK I've had enough coffee, time to tackle the new chapter. Hold all my calls for abit, would you?  :P

LOL, I'm not talking to whoever you upset at the Ramrod this weekend. Take over the switchboard, Carlos, I'm going to crash....

• Like 1

Right now Costa is so tied up in preserving Pol's being he can't even consider a real relationship except as needed to attain salvation for Pol. Once Pol is saved or lost maybe Costa can start putting his own life back together.

• Like 2