Timmy's Terrible Prompt Stories by TimothyM

:gikkle:  :gikkle:  :gikkle:  :gikkle:

Sorry.

Edit: that ROB! I'm skipping the next chapter if he goes on like this.

I guess I am skipping the next chapter if he doesn't go on like this.

Now, Tim, how are you going to solve that conundrum?

JAR

• Like 2

Initially I kind of scoffed at the idea that Rob could be gay because if he were, wouldn't the entire baseball team be his by now?

But now? I just don't care! As the parent of two children I just feel like, OMG, Child, SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP, whatever your issue is, leave your sibling ALONE!   :o

Edit: Ok, I admit the bit where he hugged Eric for holding hands with Nelson was very sweet and it is probably that sweetness that has kept him from being sent to boarding school or something  :rolleyes:

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 2

You've written a great character in Rob and you should keep him the way he is. Loud and straight. Not every boy out there is a cocksucker! :gikkle:

Nooo, but most boys like to have their cock sucked...

Is this going to cause a :fight:  amongst the Team Rob members ?!! :o

Edited by Timothy M.

Is this going to cause a :fight:  amongst the Team Rob members ?!! :o

I stick to my position that what Rob needs is neither a boyfriend nor (necessarily) a girlfriend, but rather a swift thwack upside the head every time he opens his mouth. I don't care who gives it to him.

• Like 1

Irri, another instance where we'll have to agree to disagree. :P

You dislike Rob while I like him just the way he is, brash and loving.

I disliked David's character while you loved him in spite of him being whinny and needy

Tim, I agree, most of us enjoy it but I don't want my straight brothers to start doing it just to try it out. And just because now and then they have made comments about the looks of my dates or someone I dated does not mean they're gay. If the only men who can appreciate good looks in another man are the homos, then humans are not advancing.

I'm going back to sleep for a couple more hours!

• Like 2

I guess that makes me the middle ground! I agree with Carlos, that Rob is great just the way he is, but I also agree with Irri - that he occasionally needs a smack upside the head!

My own brother is very much like Rob, saying the first thing that pops into his head in any situation, little to no respect for personal propriety, and there have been many MANY times I wanted to (and have) smacked him upside the head. He is also a wonderful caring man aho would move mountains if he could to help a friend. I would not change a single thing about him!

• Like 3

Ok, to be serious for a second... my problem with Rob is that we've all known people who made someone else's situation all about themselvesAnd I think Rob hovers on the edge of that an awful lot. It's like Eric's come out... and thanks to Rob, he has to keep coming out and coming out and coming out... the initial drama just goes on and on being extended because that's what Rob is into. It's a dynamic I've often seen among teenage girls. 

Edited by Irritable1

I did tell Tim at one point that this could be a great MTV show aimed at teens.

However, I think you're not taking into account the relationship. Rob may be loud, obnoxious, brash, pushy, and anything else he may be--but Eric is his brother and NOT ONCE has he done anything in a malicious way. Quite the opposite, he has been wise beyond his years and has pushed Eric in directions that will over the kid's life be entirely beneficial. How can you argue with that? Isn't that what the older brother is meant to do? Protect, guide and encourage the younger siblings? Where has Rob failed in those duties? You may personally not like his approach but that is no reason to write him off.

One more thing. You're a girl [yeah, I know I'm stating the obvious :o ] no matter how much you study, read or observe, you will never really know what the relationship between brothers is like. Testosterone plays a big part in this, seriously! Any NORMAL male will be brash and aggressive at that age. In time they'll mellow a bit and learn how to control their impulses, no way would they be thoughtful, mellow and loving as freshmen in high school. At that age all we want to do is eat and fuck (or beat off if no partners are available.) I know most girls are not even close to behaving that way. I have no way of knowing what they think and feel but pretty sure they're not hungry and horny 24/7.

I'm surprised Tim hasn't made Eric deck Rob a couple of times and left him with a split lip or a black eye. THAT would be normal. I know it happened with my brothers and the next day we were back to teasing and helping each other. One of my biggest complaints about stories on GA is that most male teens don't act like male teens really do. All the sensitivity junk is not realistic. I think some of that is due to female writers creating male characters and basing their actions on their own experiences. It is one reason I've yet to write a strong female character in any of my stories, I don't feel qualified. From what I've read around here, very few female authors have impressed me with their ability to create realistic male characters. Some have, so I know it's possible, it just takes a lot of work and the ability to think beyond our own experiences. I hope one day I can have a female as a leading character and any woman reading the story will be able to relate to her. Then I'll know I'm good.

:joe:

• Like 2

Wow, Carlos that was an awesome rant. I have to say I don't have any siblings, so I can't relate completely to the brother to brother thing either (or brother to sister for that matter). No matter how close you are to your friends, it's not the same.

I did think about Eric wanting to deck Rob a couple of times (apart from the punch in the gut in the first chapter), but like you said, Rob hasn't really done anything maliciously. Also, one of those times their parents were there, and the other time Eric was wearing nothing but boxers and morning wood.

Another problem with writing teen stories is trying to remember what is was like. AC is doing his best to keep me youthful :lol: and I'm glad you reminded me too. I'll try to live up to the expectations.

• Like 1

My brothers are married and have kids yet the three of us will still act the same towards each other later tonight and any other time the family gets together. Wanna see pictures of When Sal and I threw Mikey into the pool while wearing a suit? It was the little one's engagement party and maybe we had enjoyed a couple of tequila shots before we did it. By the end of the night all our male friends had jumped in and even one girl was in the re with us. The older crowd, the females and the bride-to-be's brother were dry. But those two are pussies LOL

I can see some of myself in Rob. I was very protective of my brothers, specially the youngest one. Hell I ven bailed him out one time and then shared his mug shot, wearing a tuxedo with everyone we knew! :P

I did tell Tim at one point that this could be a great MTV show aimed at teens.

However, I think you're not taking into account the relationship. Rob may be loud, obnoxious, brash, pushy, and anything else he may be--but Eric is his brother and NOT ONCE has he done anything in a malicious way. Quite the opposite, he has been wise beyond his years and has pushed Eric in directions that will over the kid's life be entirely beneficial. How can you argue with that? Isn't that what the older brother is meant to do? Protect, guide and encourage the younger siblings? Where has Rob failed in those duties? You may personally not like his approach but that is no reason to write him off.

One more thing. You're a girl [yeah, I know I'm stating the obvious :o ] no matter how much you study, read or observe, you will never really know what the relationship between brothers is like. Testosterone plays a big part in this, seriously! Any NORMAL male will be brash and aggressive at that age. In time they'll mellow a bit and learn how to control their impulses, no way would they be thoughtful, mellow and loving as freshmen in high school. At that age all we want to do is eat and fuck (or beat off if no partners are available.) I know most girls are not even close to behaving that way. I have no way of knowing what they think and feel but pretty sure they're not hungry and horny 24/7.

I'm surprised Tim hasn't made Eric deck Rob a couple of times and left him with a split lip or a black eye. THAT would be normal. I know it happened with my brothers and the next day we were back to teasing and helping each other. One of my biggest complaints about stories on GA is that most male teens don't act like male teens really do. All the sensitivity junk is not realistic. I think some of that is due to female writers creating male characters and basing their actions on their own experiences. It is one reason I've yet to write a strong female character in any of my stories, I don't feel qualified. From what I've read around here, very few female authors have impressed me with their ability to create realistic male characters. Some have, so I know it's possible, it just takes a lot of work and the ability to think beyond our own experiences. I hope one day I can have a female as a leading character and any woman reading the story will be able to relate to her. Then I'll know I'm good.

:joe:

I second that wholeheartedly. May "Dawson's Creek" be a warning for all of you!

JAR

• Like 1

May "Dawson's Creek" be a warning for all of you!

that would sort require me knowing what Dawson's Creek is to get the warning. (a quick look at Wiki didn't help much)

No disagreement there, but Carlos, as you have seen through my clever disguise ( :P ) yes, I am a chick, and I'm telling you, Rob's sins are chickish sins. So sorry...

I'll have to let him commit some more male sins :P

any ideas, Carlos ? Apart from throwing Eric in the pool, I mean.

• Like 2

Let me be clearer: I'm not bitching about Rob making obscene gestures behind his parents' backs. That's all good. I'm complaining about him yapping on and on about his brother being gay and using up all the gay oxygen that rightfully belongs to the gay brother.

Edit: 

I have no way of knowing what they think and feel but pretty sure they're not hungry and horny 24/7.

Yes. Well.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 2

Let me be clearer: I'm not bitching about Rob making obscene gestures behind his parents' backs. That's all good. I'm complaining about him yapping on and on about his brother being gay and using up all the gay oxygen that rightfully belongs to the gay brother.

The gay brother required his older brother to take control of the situation and do some ass kicking. Once Eric gets his shit together, they'll be on a slightly better playing field.

And what Rob is doing would be unacceptable between two unrelated males no matter how close they were. Rules are different for siblings. Harassment and embarrassment of little brothers is hard-wired into the older brother's DNA!

Y'all have a great time, I need to head to Miami. Will probably check in here at some point on my iPad but if not, I'm thankful for all of you!

• Like 2

The gay brother required his older brother to take control of the situation and do some ass kicking. Once Eric gets his shit together, they'll be on a slightly better playing field.

OMG. No. This is not a gender divide. This is a crazy/not crazy divide. Happy Thanksgiving, Florida Man. We love you.

that would sort require me knowing what Dawson's Creek is to get the warning. (a quick look at Wiki didn't help much)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawson's_Creek

... is a, I guess by now, 15 y old teenager show targeted to girls where even all the male high school protagonists behaved like girls ;-). I guess we DO have a bit of a gender divide here. Embrace it! ;-)

I find Rob's behavior absolutely adorable. 

JAR

• Like 1