Is there a song that brings you to tears?

If you are gay and you grew up in the 80s as a teen this was your theme song....not 'Relax' or 'Karma Chameleon' whatever....

Hmm, this song is very interesting to me because it is explicitly gay in the 1980s, and I've never heard of it before. According to Wikipedia, it became a Top 40 Club hit in both the UK and the US. 

Hmm, this song is very interesting to me because it is explicitly gay in the 1980s, and I've never heard of it before. According to Wikipedia, it became a Top 40 Club hit in both the UK and the US. 

Yeah...it was kind of amazing. I live in Southern California and I got to hear it shortly after it went to the UK charts. It really caught on down here. The club mix became a favorite of the few gay clubs we had around here back then...as well as the straight venues that played new wave style music.

Bronski Beat were out, not hinting, not ambiguous, OUT, unmistakably OUT, GAY, so much so that even I, living Muslim in Dubai in 1984, could clearly understand it, in their subject matter, in their lyrics, in their interviews, throughout the... early to mid-80s, was it? And I think it was they who had a policy of hiring female backup musicians for all their output. I saw a video of Jimmy Somerville on youtube lately, looking pretty good, and was thrilled.

• Like 2

you really want to know what songs make me cry... :P

There are many...

Blind man in the Bleachers by Kenny Starr

How can i help you to say goodbye by Patty Loveless

Santa I'm Right Here by Toby Keith

Alyssa Lies by Jason Michael Carroll

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xVGWKHGRgQ

If you get there before me by Colin Ray

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgnpcG_HSE0

A man Holding onto a woman letting Go by Ty Herndon

A Love without End Amen by George Strait

You can let go, by Crystal Shawanda

What do you say by Reba McEntire

and now you can add Jeremy and Nobody's Hero to that list.

So if we were to break these down...

Songs about Dads, Near end of life stuff

concerned with love, and Child abuse songs all make me cry :P

Edited by Celethiel
  • Like 1

I honestly don't really like that song LoL I just think the beat could have been much better.

I love the song Headlights, mainly for Russ' voice, but the words are really good, very sad.

It's definitely not his best song, yeah, but like Lisa said, Nate Reuss is amazing :D

Also forgot to add that Headlights is a thousand times more sad when you listen to Cleaning Out my Closet first :)

• Like 1

Only one song makes every single time I hear it, even driving, at a store, at work... It's embarrassing really. Unfortunately, it's in Swedish so most of you won't get the lyrics. The main theme is trying not to give up hope, even though things are looking grim. The title, The girl and the crow, relates to lyrics being about a little girl trying to save a wounded crow. The crow is dying, but the girl runs for his life carrying the crow to her father. Very sad...

• 2 weeks later...