Is there a song that brings you to tears?

Not hard to see why, although it is a happy message :)

Never actually seen the music video for this, although it's my favorite song, but if I actually listen to the lyrics when I'm being particularly pathetic it can bring me to happy tears :lol:

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

There's one line in the following song that always brings me to tears:

"Frankie kicked a mine the day that mankind kicked the moon" -- the highs and lows of humanity put side-by-side.

Another song that also always brings me to tears -- I can just remember the event. I was eleven-years-old:

That song was written, recorded, and published within a few weeks of the disaster. All proceeds went to the Cyclone Tracey disaster fund. It was a Number one hit in Australia.

• Like 3

The timing of this song, his inflections with the lyrics, and the tonal quality of the piano... all just snowballed together and kicked me in the gut when I first heard this. Dare ya to listen to this song in a quiet environment (or headphones on) and with your eyes closed. All the feels.

• Like 1

I read about this on Tumblr, and got to be friends with one of these young men. A finer man, I've never known.

A couple of friends who'd known and loved other all their lives broke up when one decided he could pray the gay away. After high school, the second friend moved to another town with his folks, but he never forgot the love of his life, and would play this song on his guitar and cry at night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cOCmC_m23E

After two years, the first boy gave up and gave in, broke up with his girlfriend, and blogged about his anguish and pain for months. His friend found the blog, and discovered how much his best friend loved him, still. He discovered his friend tortured himself with guilt and remorse for driving away the love of his life.

With some help, the two began to contact one another and talk, and rediscovered their friendship and deep love for each other. Brad and Zach are now living together, attending university together, and will be getting married next month.

But the song still tears me up.

Rustle, this totally gave me chills.

The song in the link below always makes me cry. Beautiful words sung with a beautiful deep voice.

It's been a long time since I've tried to upload a YouTube video and I completely forgot how to do it, so I only have the link. Sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85DAwxzsKq8[media]

It worked!!!!!! lol I don't even know what I did! haha

Here's another one

Anybody that has had to deal with addiction knows how deep the rot goes. You surround yourself with other addicts and you have to completely remove yourself from it to have any chance at cleaning up. It's possible to do but you will always hurt for the ones that are consumed and can't escape.

• Like 1

I'd have to go with this song, Tears in Heaven (If I Saw You in Heaven), by Eric Clapton

If you want to go back a little farther, here are two others.  Honey by Bobby Goldsboro

and Alone Again (Naturally) by Gilbert O'Sullivan

Edited by Bill W
  • Like 4

I have an entire playlist of these, just for 'those days' when i need to have a darn good cry :lol: is that even normal?! anyway, ive picked a selection

Sam Smith's cover of Whitney Houston's 'How Will I Know' -->

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-z43aophD4

BYU Vocal Point's version of 'Danny Boy' -->

John Mayer's 'Slow Dancing in a Burning Room' -->

Trading Yesterday's 'Shattered' -->

RED's song 'Pieces' -->

Sum 41's 'With Me' -->

Sarah McLachlan's 'In the Arms of an Angel' -->

the last two mean lots to me, but they are sung in welsh (or contain parts of welsh) so may not have quite the same effect on people with no grasp of that language :)

Bronwen Lewis Fields' cover of 'Fields of Gold' (her voice is incredible - she sings half in welsh, half in english) -->

Only Boys Aloud's version of 'Calon Lân', which is a beautiful song in both languages <3 -->

ok i got a bit carried away, so ill stop now :P:lol:

Edited by Never Surrender
  • Like 1

I had a close friend who took her own life in high school. When I first heard this song a few years ago, it stopped me in my tracks and I just wept for hours. To this day, it still makes me cry to hear it. 

• Like 1

"Tears in Heaven" is heartbreaking b/c didn't Clapton write it after his little boy fell out of a window?

I must admit, I never listened to "In the Arms of an Angel" in its entirety b/c the first few lines alone had me blubbering like a baby. There are actually a few songs that I can't listen to and change the station immediately. Brad Paisley's "Anything Like Me" comes to mind. My middle son, Zach, used to play this in the car all the time when had his permit. I couldn't pay attention to how he was driving b/c the road was too blurry from my tears over that damned song! lol