Hey, I will be happy to answer your questions,

I never trusted Aaron even when he was being likeable I was suspicious of him and was waiting for him to hurt Rory, I was just glad Rory found out before their relationship got more in depth. I think it is all down to the writing, Aaron was pinned as the bad guy from the start and the way the story progressed allowed you to feel sorry for him and the wrong choices he had made. But there was also subtle hints in the story to show how manipulative Aaron was with Rory, it ranged from the way he kissed Rory to the way he ignored him after being sexual with him. I think all through it Dom's writing could make you question your judgement of Aaron and i really tried to accept that maybe Dom would keep him with Rory but it never sat right with me. I think after Aaron more or less forced Rory into the situation of sucking him off knowing Rory's inexperience and never once checking that Rory was ok with it sealed the deal for me. I stopped trying to accept that he had changed and decided he was using Rory, though i did think it was to get back at Luke. But like i say my gut instinct from the start told me Aaron would hurt Rory, though I dod like Aaron as a chracter, just not with Rory.

See i liked Seth and maybe it is because i was happy that someone was telling Rory to stay away from Aaron but I did like him. I also found it amusing when he refused to move at the cinema. I think i fgured out early on that Seth had nothing against Rory, the way he warned Rory about Aaron came off that he knew what Aaron was like and though Rory would be better off away from him, he seemed more concerned that Rory would get hurt and i saw that despite Dom giving us Rory's perception that Seth was jealous and still into Aaron. Though I did think that Seth and Aaron were together and Aaron was using Rory to wind Seth up and Seth was trying to warn Rory what Aaron was like. I loved it when he offered Rory a ride home and wanted to slap Rory into realising Seth was the good guy. *is a Seth fan*

Luke and Rory were my fave pairing till Rory got with Seth, I saw it from teh start and really did think Dom would have them together till Seth turned up. It was obvious to me that the way the connected and the touches Luke gave Rory, not to mention how he brushed up against him that time before either of them were out. It always seemed more to me than just a friendship and not just from Rory's side. I was actually a little dissapointed that nothing happened between them, I have a feeling it would have been intense. eve though they were really comfortable with eachother their was plenty of sexual tension building between them. But I think Dom made the right choice in not pairing them, it wa more realistic that they would decide to ignore the mutual attraction because of Seth and their friendship and living together.

I did wonder about Dave and Luke, even wondered if Dave would turn out bi or something, and it is so easy for best friends to cross that line of friendship, even if only in your mind and it makes sense because it is easy to see the perfect partner in your best friend. But I did convince myself Dave was straight and figured that Luke probably had thought of Dave that way but I didn't see Dave being the crush that was making in unhappy, though the signs were there, I just never picked them up.

I did check ahead when i was half way through to see if it was finished, I saw chapter 36 was the last chapter and was fairly dissapointed that it would be ending as it is a story that could keep going.

Hope you enjoy my ramblings it really is a great stry to discuss, I am really glad i didn't have to wait for chapters though, think i would have gone insane. I have ust finished the Log way which was great and going to read the ordinary us now, going to go crazy when i run out of his stories. Thanks for the welcome, glad to have found this place.

Thanks for the reply Mark, it was good to hear a fresh perspective, untainted by previous expectations.

I'd pretty much kept trying to convince myself that Aaron would turn out to be okay, and that Seth was bad news until the night of the party. Then I did a 180 lol

So how did you like TLW? That was my favourite :D

TOU is great though, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Take care and have a great day,

Kevin

I don't want to seem ungrateful, or as if I don't like Dom as an author, because I do. I love his work, but I don't know.. something about this last chapter. I'm a little disappointed. And oddly, it's not because Luke&Rory didn't ultimately get together, but it does have to do with Luke's "ending". To me, it seemed almost as if he was just cast off. Dating a whole bunch of guys now that he has the chance. I liked Luke's character more than I liked Rory, to be honest, lol. I don't know.. while reading it, I kinda was hoping that somehow Aaron and him could make it work. Aaron did have a lot of problems, and he did make some huge mistakes. But in the end, I don't think he was plain evil. I think he just really needed someone to understand him, or to have some way to get out all the anger or whatever it was inside of him. When it comes down to it, I liked Aaron. Now, it probably wouldnt' have worked if all of a sudden Luke and Aaron were a happy couple and everyone had perfect lives.. but it felt like a cliffhanger. What ends up happening to Luke?

I liked Luke's character more than I liked Rory, to be honest, lol.

yeah he was just a cooler, more likeable character (and he sounded much hotter! :whistle: )

I don't know.. while reading it, I kinda was hoping that somehow Aaron and him could make it work.

that was my hope at the beginning too, I guess if it coulda felt right I would have still wanted it, but I don't think it could have been natural, and after all the junk that happened to be realistic it's probably better that they didn't.

Aaron did have a lot of problems, and he did make some huge mistakes. But in the end, I don't think he was plain evil. I think he just really needed someone to understand him, or to have some way to get out all the anger or whatever it was inside of him.

I completely agree!

When it comes down to it, I liked Aaron.

hmm may be a little strong for the way I feel about him, but sympathize with/want the best for definitely.

Now, it probably wouldnt' have worked if all of a sudden Luke and Aaron were a happy couple and everyone had perfect lives

...yeah

.. but it felt like a cliffhanger.

sorta, but life's like that too.

What ends up happening to Luke?

Now that he's worked out all his issues and finally forgiven Aaron (thus letting go of the destructive anger, hate, and pain), he's free to find someone awesome who'll be good for him. And he can live happily ever after ;)

• 4 weeks later...