YAY a good ending (I didn't expect anything else). Thanks for your work and all the hours writing and editing it and dealing with us unpatient readers.

Tob :ph34r:

What else can I say but to agree with Toby.

Thanks for the story an keep writing the way you do so well.

Peter

Guest anelson

Very enjoyable story, Dom. Thank you.

On the topic of the ending being contrived, I guess I agree to a point. I certainly can see where something fairly drastic had to happen in order to allow for any sort of redemption for Aaron. He was too firmly cast as unlikeable for anything else to even remotely believable.

That being said, why did Aaron need (or even deserve) redemption? That is, of course, Dom's decision. It's his story to tell, not mine. I guess that the car accident seemed a bit like deus ex machina to me. I would have rather seen any redemption happen a bit more organically.

I (we) are nitpicking. It was a great read, and provided me with many hours of free entertainment. Certainly far more entertaining to me than any of the current round of vomit out of Hollywood. Thanks again, Dom. Can't wait to see where With Trust goes.

On the up side, there are probably a lot of confused and scared gay teens out there who Dom has touched with his stories ... perhaps given them confidence and hope.

Hells, yes. I wish I'd had something like this when I was a teen. How any of us pre-internet "old-farts" survived that hell without any sort of support boggles my mind. And, now that I think about it, a lot of us didn't, and a lot of us still don't. Hence the appaling rate of suicide among gay teens. Ugh.

Wow, my heart is still pounding. What a very satisfying ending.

Although TOU is still my favorite (Owen is a fascinating character), I think DD contains some of Dom's best writing.

As for contrivance... the plots of all stories are contrived. If you sit down and look at the (borrowed) plots of Shakespeare's plays, they are obviously filled with contrivance and implausible coincidence. What makes them great, apart from Shake's amazing use of language, is the way in which the artifice serves to reveal a deeper emotional truth.

And that is where I think Dom excells. He is able to show us the emotional truth of the characters in his stories.

Thank you, Mr. Luka, for sharing your gift with us. I hope you feel as rewarded in writing these stories as we do in reading them.

Dennis

Dom!! Awesome ending!!!!

I was going to read this when I was in a better mood, but now i'm glad I didn't wait that long.

Ok it's over, I've accepted that, known it was coming soon, but still am feeling suddenly empty knowing it's actually happened.

My favorite lines from the fianale:

Rory's thoughts--I'd just chosen a life, I realized.

Luke's question to Rory--"when did you get so reasonable?"

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship: TYVM DOMLUKA :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Excellent as always, Dom. Thank you.

Sharon

ps - Just out of curiosity, those who think loose ends were tied up just for the sake of tying, which ends should have remained untied?

Wow what a story and a great ending. I will really miss waiting for more chapters. I had just decided that the trick would be to stop reading half way thru the chapter and wait for the next one then i wouldnt be held captive by the cliffhanger. Right? Kinda like setting your watch 10 min early i guess. This was the first story i followed on Gay Authors and have really enjoyed branching out when i get a chance. This will be hard to beat though.

This is my first post and a bit intimidating with all the long time fans and all. Thanks for me and all the queer kids or adults who end up feeling better by watching a real relationship happen. Pax and thanks again Dom. S/V Gandalf Sevilla Espagne

Excellent as always, Dom. Thank you.

Sharon

ps - Just out of curiosity, those who think loose ends were tied up just for the sake of tying, which ends should have remained untied?

Dom, As Always, Sharon said it best....Bravo and Standing Ovations....Brilliant and sad and wonderful and well, Thank you:)

Michael

P.S. I also loved the ending, which was also a beginning:)

Wow... I just read the chapter and I think I was actually so exhausted by all the thoughts i had I didn't feel much emotion. I just felt tired.

So it's done... This seems so weird. When i started reading Dom's stories TLW and TOU had already been finished and I read them in about three days each (my mother especially thought I was getting antisocial spending my entire day in front of the pc). DD was the longest story I'd ever had to wait to end and also the most draining. Talk about your emotional rollercoaster :P I loved it though and I'm glad Rory realised he had to stay in Arizona and that Eddie was ok (once I read he was alive i thought, oh i hope he's not disabled, or injured so bad he'd need months to recover... I am so greedy :P )

Keep up the very good work (I'm already rooting for With Trust to make me go crazy with impatience)

:worship::worship::worship::wub::wub::wub::worship::worship::worship:

Nice chapter Dom.......I love this story and I have to say that the six months it was on hold were hellish, but so worth it.

BTW, this is my confirnation post..... SRITE's Win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so now that I've calmed down and we're home from the celebratory dinner(j/k, we were going anyway :) ) I thought I'd talk about the last chapter of Dessert Dropping. :)

I feel so bad for Aaron right now. He needed to wake up, but he didn't need to learn his lesson that way. I mean, no one deserves to lose someone they love and even though Cody was black mailing him, he was still Aarons brother.

Also, I feel even better about Seth and his whole family. I mean, come on!! How much more wonderful could they all be???? Mars showed that he's not just a good dad to Seth but a good person. Not just by beibng there for the Keslin's, but the way he hugged Jase was so awesome. So yeah, I'm totally digging Seth's whole family.

Jase really made me happy too. Even though he secretly wanted Rory to go away in the begining of the story, he eventually came around and now he's one of my favorite people in the story.

Also, I think that the reason Dave was sleeping on Luke's floor is because he gave in to Luke's desires and didn't want to get caught, so when he was done putting it on Luke, he slept on the floor.

The only thing missing for me is the next 36 chapters, but at least With Trust is going. Also, I hope Dom starts writing Out with Harrison Polk again.

Nick

Wow. A great ending!!

I was in the "I want Luke to end up with somebody (anybody) nice." camp, but even so I loved this ending!

My favorite bits: Luke going out on a date, and finding out the guy was straight! Sounds like Luke's Gaydar is every bit as good as Rory's! :lmao::D:lol:

And Luke going on dates with three different guys in one weekend! :great:

I liked the changes in Aaron, and Rory's acceptance of Eddie as his Dad.

It was all good! I loved this story. I do admit I'm sorry it's over, but IMHO far better to end it when the time came than to run it into the ground. I'll sure miss this story, but I'm already hooked on WT.

THANK YOU DOM LUKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I think that the reason Dave was sleeping on Luke's floor is because he gave in to Luke's desires and didn't want to get caught, so when he was done putting it on Luke, he slept on the floor.

i got a different read on that. I saw Chey where Dave should have been....and Dave where Chey should have be. No dought some well though out Dom humor. :2thumbs:

Ahhh so ends Desert Dropping.

I agree with some of you who said that the enidng is somewhat "unfinished". I see that has become Dom's trademark, somewhat =) :D

Anyway. WOW! What a story. I had thought Aaron was gonna change and that WTH is with Seth? Hehehehehe. One of the most memorable scenes for me was the short misunderstanding about Rory's hickey when he went home with Sth. Too bad, I had hoped that Dom would "prolong" the misunderstanding. LOL! :2thumbs:

ANyway, what is your favorite scene in Desert Dropping? Why?

Cheers!

RAd

You did it again Dom. Another wonderful story. :2thumbs: The ending was great. Kinda harsh but great. It was nice to see he didnt forget about Aaron. Also it was nice to see that Aaron was turning around his life. It was interesting to see Aaron go from thinking he's all that to feeling like he doesn't deserve to live. I was kind of in tears when I heard about Aaron.

Great Job Again Dom :D

WOW Dom, it was unbelievable, I couldn't believe a lot of things happened in the final chapter. Although in the end I hoped that Aaron & Luke could be together, coz I think Luke still had feelings for Aaron & Aaron could at least tried to give himself a chance with the "new personality", BUT overall, I really admired your stories, and DD is my favourite coz I LEARNT a lot through that from different perspectives.

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

THANK YOU DOM, YOU ARE ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE WRITERS.

Ryandy

My two posts on the same ch..... Just couldn't resist on what scenes I liked best and why...I really liked the early one when Rory went out and sat on the cactus...I thought that was totally funny...just a clutsy thing to do...been there..

Also I just liked the way the story went from the time Rory and Seth got together...I think they really do make a fine couple...just so easy around each other. Seth just made Rory a better person...... :great:

Just my thoughts...........

Although TOU is still my favorite (Owen is a fascinating character), I think DD contains some of Dom's best writing.

As for contrivance... the plots of all stories are contrived. If you sit down and look at the (borrowed) plots of Shakespeare's plays, they are obviously filled with contrivance and implausible coincidence. What makes them great, apart from Shake's amazing use of language, is the way in which the artifice serves to reveal a deeper emotional truth.

Dennis

I agree Dennis. Besides sometimes life can seem "contrived" if you didn't know better. I mean weird coincidences really do happen. But you're right, whether it's likely or not, the point is the deeper truth and meaning it conveys.

BTW did you mean TLW is your favourite and Owen is a fascinating character, or TOU is your favourite and Quinn is a fascinating character....or was that just two random statements stuck together? Anyway I love them both! ALOT, but I think TLW is my favourite.

This is my first post and a bit intimidating with all the long time fans and all. Thanks for me and all the queer kids or adults who end up feeling better by watching a real relationship happen. Pax and thanks again Dom. S/V Gandalf Sevilla Espagne

Welcome Gandalf! :D and that's a really good idea about stopping halfway through... I don't think I'd have the willpower though. Anyway I'm glad you posted, look forward to seeing more of you :D

Ok, so now that I've calmed down and we're home from the celebratory dinner(j/k, we were going anyway :) ) I thought I'd talk about the last chapter of Dessert Dropping. :)

I feel so bad for Aaron right now. He needed to wake up, but he didn't need to learn his lesson that way. I mean, no one deserves to lose someone they love and even though Cody was black mailing him, he was still Aarons brother.

Also, I feel even better about Seth and his whole family. I mean, come on!! How much more wonderful could they all be???? Mars showed that he's not just a good dad to Seth but a good person. Not just by beibng there for the Keslin's, but the way he hugged Jase was so awesome. So yeah, I'm totally digging Seth's whole family.

Jase really made me happy too. Even though he secretly wanted Rory to go away in the begining of the story, he eventually came around and now he's one of my favorite people in the story.

The only thing missing for me is the next 36 chapters, but at least With Trust is going. Also, I hope Dom starts writing Out with Harrison Polk again.

Nick

I completely agree with all that, Nick. Except I don't think anything was up with Dave and Luke, I'm more inclined to agree with Wep about the humourous role reversal, lol but of course all literature is open to the reader's interpretation, and since we can't refute it ;)

My favorite bits: Luke going out on a date, and finding out the guy was straight! Sounds like Luke's Gaydar is every bit as good as Rory's! :lmao::D:lol:

LOL well remember Luke lived with Rory for awhile without realizing he was gay too. Let's face it when it comes to gaydar it seems Aaron and Seth got a double serving and Rory and Luke were left out cold. I just wonder how long it took Luke to work out that Eddie and Jase were gay when he moved in :P:boy:

I just can't stand Seth.

His presence in the story pretty much just killed the last ten or so chapters for me.

TLW regains its place as my favorite Dom story.

Awww, I'm not bashing your opinion by any means, but I am curious. What didn't you like about Seth?

Personally speaking I couldn't stand the kid for the first several chapters he was in. In fact I completely disliked him until the night he drove Rory home from that party and said his "walking you to the door" line.

Anyway I must say this was quite a ride! Have an awesome day everyone, and once again way to go Dom! :2thumbs:

Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace