Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

4 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I am too - I think it's a bug for everyone right now.

As for why you were notified of a post in LPW? My guess is because you are Following the member who made it. You can fix this in Notification Settings under Account Settings in your Profile or Notification Settings in the Notification window. I'm fiddling with my personal stream as things come up that I don't want to see or know about. 

I've tried fiddling with all my preferences and notifications but there are some not activated right now. Too bad Myr has a daytime job, I want him working on GA 24/7. Don't tell him I said that, he may send the gremlins after me! :)

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator
Just now, Carlos Hazday said:

I've tried fiddling with all my preferences and notifications but there are some not activated right now. Too bad Myr has a daytime job, I want him working on GA 24/7. Don't tell him I said that, he may send the gremlins after me! :)

You're lucky that the posts list changes so quickly on the Homepage, otherwise, it would be watch out for the gremlins, they're looking for Carlos.  :P

• Like 2
Just now, Reader1810 said:

You're lucky that the posts list changes so quickly on the Homepage, otherwise, it would be watch out for the gremlins, they're looking for Carlos.  :P

LOL- Told ya I disliked the two new sections on the right side of the Forums page. Gotta be careful what I write ANYWHERE!

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
Just now, Carlos Hazday said:

LOL- Told ya I disliked the two new sections on the right side of the Forums page. Gotta be careful what I write ANYWHERE!

You're not the one who has to be careful.

I campaigned to have that section shrunk to microscopic proportions so that we can see more new chapter announcements and Status Updates, but since the count is five, five, and five, I'd say this is a program default - don't know if that can change. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

You're not the one who has to be careful.

I campaigned to have that section shrunk to microscopic proportions so that we can see more new chapter announcements and Status Updates, but since the count is five, five, and five, I'd say this is a program default - don't know if that can change. 

I'll campaign for changes like that later. They may be able to fix some of them with patches but I'm more interested in notifications right now.

One other change which bothers me is the inability to read full status updates on the front page. I had to go to Sand's page in order to read about how many bones we lose with age.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
5 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I'll campaign for changes like that later. They may be able to fix some of them with patches but I'm more interested in notifications right now.

One other change which bothers me is the inability to read full status updates on the front page. I had to go to Sand's page in order to read about how many bones we lose with age.

I miss that feature too. So much easier to read them one after the other instead of jumping to another link. 

• Like 1

In the confusion following the accidental publishing of chapters scheduled to go live at a later date I forgot to post this:

You've all seen pictures of the vehicles driven by characters in the series and I've only posted Taisha's out of the four mentioned in chapter 12. Here's the other ones

Leo
2012 Dodge Ram 1500

6.12.2 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 - Leo.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Carlos, 
I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy the CJ series. 
Firstly; its extremely refreshing to see a positive Hispanic protagonist. A character with flaws... But learns as he experiences growing up. While he has flaws, he is a respectful man. Best of all... A character who has goals and ambition. 
Your stories are very well written. Characters who have personality. I appreciate the overall positivity of your stories. While your characters experience some of the evils in life... You don't only paint the world as a dark place. I also like that you show people aren't perfect. We make mistakes and hopefully learn along the way. 
Thank you for not just showing the LGBTQ community as just a  shallow, oversexed, and drugged out community.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

Hey Carlos, 
I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy the CJ series. 
Firstly; its extremely refreshing to see a positive Hispanic protagonist. A character with flaws... But learns as he experiences growing up. While he has flaws, he is a respectful man. Best of all... A character who has goals and ambition. 
Your stories are very well written. Characters who have personality. I appreciate the overall positivity of your stories. While your characters experience some of the evils in life... You don't only paint the world as a dark place. I also like that you show people aren't perfect. We make mistakes and hopefully learn along the way. 
Thank you for not just showing the LGBTQ community as just a  shallow, oversexed, and drugged out community.

YES!

Sorry for shouting but your comment captures soooo much of what I've tried to convey in the story. The community isn't monochromatic, we aren't all clones of each other, and I dislike stories where every character sounds the same. I wanted to create a riot of color, personalities, and looks and based some of the characters in people I've known. The one constant will be no angst/agony/doubts. I think we do tend to band ourselves together with people we can relate to and that's the one characteristic all of the dads' friends have as well as CJ's friends.

Looking forward to hearing from you in the future.

Thank you! :heart:

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
On 3/20/2017 at 9:31 AM, spikey582 said:

I'm getting chapter notifications for things I've never followed.  I'd actually stopped using the follow function a long time ago, as I visited the site frequently enough I knew when most of the stuff I read was updated.  But with the changes I'm getting notified for all kinds of stuff.  Consequently I did get notification on Saturday when July posted.

22 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Open the Notifications window - View All Notifications - and select Notification Settings in the top right corner. Under Methods.... choose the following option:

Method to use for content I follow automatically

• Do not send me notifications
That should get rid of Notifications related to the members you are following. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Open the Notifications - View All Notifications - and select Notification Settings in the top right corner. Under Methods.... choose the following option:

1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Open the Notifications - View All Notifications - and select Notification Settings in the top right corner. Under Methods.... choose the following option:

I think I'm going to wait until all the toggle switches are working. I'd like to customize what notifications I get instead of the all or nothing approach. Maybe it's a delayed reaction but this morning I had an e-mail chockful of notices about what people posted in LPW and a couple of other similar threads. Yesterday I made sure I disabled all e-mail notifications but I'm assuming it takes at least a day for the system to remove me. 

• Site Moderator
51 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I think I'm going to wait until all the toggle switches are working. I'd like to customize what notifications I get instead of the all or nothing approach. Maybe it's a delayed reaction but this morning I had an e-mail chockful of notices about what people posted in LPW and a couple of other similar threads. Yesterday I made sure I disabled all e-mail notifications but I'm assuming it takes at least a day for the system to remove me. 

This feature doesn't disable all Notifications, just the ones generated by people you follow. Case in point, I was notified of a post in 5 Letters because I follow that thread. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

This feature doesn't disable all Notifications, just the ones generated by people you follow. Case in point, I was notified of a post in 5 Letters because I follow that thread. 

So 1810 is following me, but she's totally ignoring me. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
17 minutes ago, spikey582 said:

So 1810 is following me, but she's totally ignoring me. :lol:

:whistle:

15 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Stalker alert. Stalker alert!

:ph34r:   :ph34r:    :ph34r:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BlindAmbition said:

Hey Carlos, 
 Hope all is well!... Looking forward to tomorrow. I need my weekly CJ fix!  

Next chapter ready to post overnight. I'm looking forward to posting without the software update headaches from last weekend. I still can't reach the second page of comments left by readers so I'll try to reply to them as they're made so I don't miss anyone!

• Like 1

Most of you know I used Nick Youngquest as the initial model for Brett. His looks fit what I envisioned for the character and Mr. Youngquest had the type of attitude towards the GLBT community I liked. Here's his most recent Facebook post confirming my evaluation:

https://www.facebook.com/nickyoungquestofficial/photos/a.554346551284312.1073741828.536996686352632/1451069808278644/?type=3&theater

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 2
  • Site Moderator
11 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

still can't reach the second page of comments left by readers so I'll try to reply to them as they're made so I don't miss anyone!

Seems that superbug has a lot of victims. Rest assured, scientists from all over are diligently working on a cure to end its reign of knowledge suppression. 

• Like 3
Just now, Reader1810 said:

Seems that superbug has a lot of victims. Rest assured, scientists from all over are diligently working on a cure to end its reign of knowledge suppression. 

That' my number 1 peeve right now. I feel bad leaving readers hanging since I've meticuously replied to reviews/comments in the past

The system's still showing a bunch of stories I've never even read as my favorites but If that's  not fixed soon I'll just ask for that section of my profile not to show.

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

The system's still showing a bunch of stories I've never even read as my favorites but If that's  not fixed soon I'll just ask for that section of my profile not to show.

Same here. I don't really want that section showing anyway because some of them (my real ones, not these false ones) just represent stories I'm following because I might read them at some point - or not. I think, I'll just bookmark them instead. 

What I'd like to be seeing is Favourite authors instead, but I don't think that is an option as yet.

Side note. Great pic of Nick Younquest. :)